ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Option to increase ghost duration In Parkour & tricking mods etc..
Hello, Toribash community I wanted to give you this idea I'm sure someone had a struggle with this or thought about it but didn't have the time to post about it so here I am going to explain what it is and how effective it is if it was to be implanted into the game. (just for the parkour and spar section)
first, I want to explain what's the problem here's a link http://prntscr.com/rpqenw (see the screenshot to understand)
as you can see in the screen shoot the ghost is slowly fading out before landing and its important to see how the landing will be earlier not just before the ending in a couple of frames if it were to be longer then it will help many of the parkours and trickers out there
I think this idea is A most be and it shouldn't be ignored like any other with a leave it for tbn many others are still playing tb tricking and doing parkour
note for tb devs: I hope you add this feature I don't think increasing the ghost duration would need lots of coding or hard work I'm not a coder but this shouldn't be ignored
I wanted to add as well if you guys out there have struggled with how the ghost is far and predicting is a bit hard help me in the comments to make the devs aware
Last edited by cutterchop; Mar 30, 2020 at 11:32 PM.
I completely agree on Cutter, every time I am using my joints and the ghosts shows how my tori is going then the next 5-10 turn frames, the tori changes to a complete different direction. I don’t have any screenshots about my case. If I get into any matches I will confirm if I find any then screenshot on what’s going on
Ketsueki Clan
Would really help with some tricking too. Those vital moments before you land are crucial to know if you are gonna stick the landing or land flat on your ass. I Confirm this as useful.
Originally Posted by Cracker78 View Post
I completely agree on Cutter, every time I am using my joints and the ghosts shows how my tori is going then the next 5-10 turn frames, the tori changes to a complete different direction. I don’t have any screenshots about my case. If I get into any matches I will confirm if I find any then screenshot on what’s going on

Thanks i hope the devs be aware of this !
Originally Posted by Rxxth View Post
I agree

Thanks
Originally Posted by aliosa View Post
I agree, ghost is a good mechanic that could be extended for more assistance.

Yes and not just that if the devs go around this idea saying people will cheat i dont think its hard you know like the duels will auto disable this command and if its used in a war or abd duel then it can be reported and case is closed : D
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Would really help with some tricking too. Those vital moments before you land are crucial to know if you are gonna stick the landing or land flat on your ass. I Confirm this as useful.

Yes im sure this is a usefull idea any one can benifit from in tricking and parkour maps
-----
Bump
Last edited by cutterchop; Mar 31, 2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The ghost probably already has a variable fade duration, if only it were configurable for room operators with chat commands.

There's already other ghosts functionality that I think would complement this; especially for mods with the longer turn-frames where the effects of a move aren't immediately obvious. I'd like to see what the replay-makers make with it. :-)
I can't even begin to tell you just how many times I've seen a suggestion involving alteration of ghosts. I would've thought cutterchop's been in the game for long enough to know that ghost alteration is simply not possible - unless I'm very much mistaken.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Ghost duration is longer in TBN and there are some advanced ghost controls (e.g. show your position at the end of upcoming turn), Toribash ghost system likely won't be receiving any updates.