ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[EA] Evil Academy
Evil Academy

If you're looking for a place to expand your replaymaking skills, here is it. Together we will learn, teach and strive and try our hardest to reach the most possible perfection within replay making. Being a part of Evil is NOT needed to join this group. It's open for anyone, just make a short introduction about yourself bellow.

About EA

The main objective of the EA is to bring together those who want to focus on getting good at replays, and then, to create an elitist replay making group to get as close, if not be perfect in the art of replay creation. Doesn't matter if you're an expert or a novice replay artist, if you like replays, join us here so we can come together to refine our skills by learning from one another. This is the place where we can study the art of making replays, and bring about new things to this dying art, since there is much to be done in replay making still. lets will give other players a reason to try and reach a new level of knowledge and expertise in replay artistry. The Evil elitist replay group will hopefully be an inspiration to other players and newcomers, there is a lot of work to be done before this idea is realized. Learning how to produce elegant, precise, expertly executed replays takes time, so if you think it will be an easy endeavor, think again.

The Process

You will post here if you want to be a part of this enthusiastic group and I will add you to the member list. I will be your teacher, doesn't matter your area (madmans, tricking, sparring, parkour...) or your style. I will try my best to guide you into your own style, or finding your style if you dont have one.
Keep in mind that we are all learning, so even if I am the teacher, I will be learning from you guys too. I will try to come up with another teacher soon.

Member List

Leader

[Evil]Arakata

Teachers
[Evil]Arakata

Members
-Snip-

Here at this thread. We can talk about everything related to replays and about the academy. If you have any doubts about a certain replay, feel free to post it here with all your questions.
If you have any finished replays and are looking for some comments and critiques or ideas, post it on the [Evil] Replays thread.

Thanks to Polybius for correcting my weird english.
Last edited by jump; Nov 30, 2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Snip
Factory. Sometimes sleeping.
Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
Sign me up, senpai hehe

Glad to see you here man. Added
Factory. Sometimes sleeping.
Sign me up boi, ill pk my brains out anyday for you bb <3
'Haku is my lenshu senpai uwu' ~ Static
ATTENTION TO FUTURE INVADERS
if you need a suggestion on a replay or want a CnC or simply just tryna show off your dope replay, YOU ARE WELCOME TO POST HERE, please do, i promise you will get a response from one of our members, if you happen to do so, please just spread the word about this Evil Academy thing, we are trying to run stuff again. Thank you to future invaders in advance! This post applies indefinitely
------------------------------------------------
alright gang lets start what about dis one
Attached Files
Last edited by Whale; Nov 30, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Imo what you do at about frame 180 is a problem.
you get into a really difficult position resulting in that sloppy dm.
the second hit looks much better but then again theres this unbalanced pose.

I say from that lying on your back position you cant do a good hit. if you just kick it looks limp. if you speed up with your shoulder you miss.
so I would change how you fall so you can actually make a powerful and precise kick by raising your shoulder.
evil Führer of Evil
Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
if you speed up with your shoulder you miss.
so I would change how you fall so you can actually make a powerful and precise kick by raising your shoulder.

i don't get this part, which shoulder are you talking about and what should i do with it
Hmu with that cnc n crap on my quick pk
Attached Files
PK 180.rpl (868.4 KB, 6 views)
'Haku is my lenshu senpai uwu' ~ Static
@whale

What I refer to is the part at like frame 160 where you lie on the floor.

Your weight is put on your left hand.
You swing your left leg up to kick uke.
You could gain additional speed from raising your left shoulder and I think if you were in a good angle, that could easily be a boomhit.
Problem is, you are not in a good angle so kicking his leg is the best thing you can do.
Kicking ukes hip with your shin is not as dope as a boomhit I'd say.
evil Führer of Evil
well i did raise my left shoulder during the kick at some point, if i stayed raising that shoulder then i would just graze uke, so that's why i relaxed it for the most part, well the main problem is in the whole set up i think, i got in a bad position, thanks for the cnc

btw richman you got all the basics going on and all that right, nice couple of jumps and flips too, i'm sure you could nail harder courses, looking forward to your next pk