Toribash
Original Post
Park Staircase
Also remade an old "modest" mod

https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=599892

Same as before,
Play it if you want, have fun.
"and thats it"

screenshots (the shading circles are gone thanks to joope1's advice :D)

Attached Files
parkour_staircase.tbm (32.1 KB, 36 views)
Last edited by Halu; Nov 8, 2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: fixed the shading error demon dark balls
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
não dói joca
Originally Posted by joope1 View Post
The amount of shading bugs at the middle hurts my soul, but otherwice it looks very good. Good job

Thanks! About the shading bugs, is it because the objects overlap too much?
não dói joca
Originally Posted by Haluejah View Post
Thanks! About the shading bugs, is it because the objects overlap too much?

Overlapping causes that flickering, so avoiding that is good too (making other object like 0.01 smaller is usually enough)

Those shadow spots appear, when you got objects too close to each other with similar center point or smth. Usually it's easy to fix for example by making other object much taller than it needs to be and sinking all that excess under ground or inside other objects. (center point is moved to somewhere else. while hiding anything that doesn't belong to map).

I took bit closer look too though. Tbh gotta say some of those spots are pretty hard to get rid of here, while keeping that fine detail. But most of it could been avoided with minor sacrifices at least. So going with bit simpler design can also help in avoiding those dark spots.
If you really need to make something with fine detail, (lot small objects close to each other) you might not be able to get rid of them at least with this method.
I will take a look at it again once I'm home, thanks a bunch for this
não dói joca
Originally Posted by Haluejah View Post
I will take a look at it again once I'm home, thanks a bunch for this :)

No worries :) Those are just minor faults in looks, so don't take too much stress over them. They won't bother gameplay much.

Also for interiors, making walls thick is a good idea when possible. That makes wall invisible when camera goes inside a wall. So you can basically view tori from any angle without getting a wall blocking the view
Last edited by joope1; Nov 8, 2021 at 11:03 AM.
I have updated the mod and gotten rid of hopefully all the devious dark shading circles

Originally Posted by joope1 View Post
Also for interiors, making walls thick is a good idea when possible. That makes wall invisible when camera goes inside a wall. So you can basically view tori from any angle without getting a wall blocking the view

About this, I decided not to tamper with the slide since I'm held back by object limit, but I will definitely keep this in mind when making future mods.
não dói joca
i haven't made a replay in years but i did make one on the original version of this mod and it was fun that's all i have to say on the matter