ES Recruitment Drive
had that same idea after I created the strength baby tori test.

not a competition, but for a mod
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Public whiteboard art event.

Use one of those multiplayer whiteboard sites to host a competition for making promotional art. Winner gets a prize, and the art is used in a bromo team promo.

http://www.iscribble.net/
<3 this idea.

Weightlifting was done during the toriolympics btw.
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?
I like the scribble one, and the Weight lifting one.

I'll make the mod, if this is implemented

also, how about those comps where you try to guess the word through like descriptions. you partner up, and one guy tries to get the other to say something.
- its been a while
For a long event, i'd love to see a team based "war" style event.

I'd make it for teams only (not clans, teams should be made for the event), each team represents a nation on the "risk-style" map. You attack neighboring nations (one attack per week) until one nation stands supreme. You lose members when they "die" and gain them back after capturing a nation (respawn).

You could do this as a clan event, but i think limiting it to made teams and a certain size (5, 10, or 15 per team) would encourage more focus to the game (fewer no-shows).

Losing a player would not mean they could not play in another attack, it would just limit the amount of players available TO attack.

example of a week of play:

Team T1 attacks Team T2 with 8 members!
(Determine time and date approate to match)
Team T2 elects to defend with 9 members!

Match occurs at specified time. No shows count as an instant "kill" for other team.

Play continues until all attackers or defenders are eliminated. Once you eliminate a nation, your members respawn and you may attempt to recruit members of the team you defeated. Also, your nation and the defeated nation merge, giving the team a larger nation to defend.

May be too complicated, I'm pretty famous for that.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
thanks for the compliments!
i would be so great if you try that.
cause i never have money,to realise my ideas,and i really think, that this event would be interesting

edit:ive just seen, that weightlifting was already done,but i swear, that i knew nothing about it
Last edited by Joeseph; Jun 3, 2009 at 11:40 PM.
.....German Underground
Originally Posted by Dikarika View Post
For a long event, i'd love to see a team based "war" style event.

I'd make it for teams only (not clans, teams should be made for the event), each team represents a nation on the "risk-style" map. You attack neighboring nations (one attack per week) until one nation stands supreme. You lose members when they "die" and gain them back after capturing a nation (respawn).

You could do this as a clan event, but i think limiting it to made teams and a certain size (5, 10, or 15 per team) would encourage more focus to the game (fewer no-shows).

Losing a player would not mean they could not play in another attack, it would just limit the amount of players available TO attack.

example of a week of play:

Team T1 attacks Team T2 with 8 members!
(Determine time and date approate to match)
Team T2 elects to defend with 9 members!

Match occurs at specified time. No shows count as an instant "kill" for other team.

Play continues until all attackers or defenders are eliminated. Once you eliminate a nation, your members respawn and you may attempt to recruit members of the team you defeated. Also, your nation and the defeated nation merge, giving the team a larger nation to defend.

May be too complicated, I'm pretty famous for that.

I think that would be a good idea, have someone draw up a "risk-style" map, and then change the "countries" as the teams win.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

So like, you have 2 country connected to each other that want to attack each other. Each country is assigned values such as : mod number, growth, and max population. Growth is number of people you get for every turn, max population is the max people you can have on that country. Mod number is used to calculate what mod is used. you add the 2 country's at wars mod number to get a mod. (adds stratagy, so if your team sucks at akido, you can get the akido country, and never play someone else at akido, while if you attack some other country, you would play them at wushu)

so say you have 10 people on one red country, and only 3 on a blue one, and the red team declares war. The red team chooses to right with how many people, say 6. Fill a sever with 10 red, and 3 blues. They continue fighting. If RvB, and R loses, Rplayer is speced. If 2 Rs are going to verse each other, nudge up a blue player. Continue fighting until one team is gone. If red wins, the number of people left inhabit the blue contry. If blue wins, the number of people who died in the tourney, stay.

one warlords, several generals, many veterans, the rest are soldiers

each warlord plots the movements of his own color. there must be at least one blue general and one red general per skirmish. They come to the server ingame, and pick people from the normal mass of players that come to the tourney (soldiers). A log will be kept for the people who play, so you can't switch sides. You can also pledge your allegiance on whatever team you like, and play for them only.(veterans). Veterans are entitlted to skirmishes, before soldiers.

More than one color too... allegiances as well. (ones that you're entitled to keep). Also, appoint some mercanaries to do some work for you.

Costs $$$,$$$ to enter a team, + $$$$ for every veteran and $$$$$ for ever general. All of it, + some extra, goes to winner. say 50% of it goes to the warlord, 40% split to the generals, 10% split amung the veterans.

Something tells me this has allready been done, to a less complex extent.

Also, loads of typos, cba to fix them. Ask me, if you don't understand something.

This way, it dosn't require too much nagging-at-people-to-go-join-server-RISK. needs at least 3 people (2 generals and a promoteam). Everyone else can be ad-lib.
- its been a while
Originally Posted by blkk View Post
So like, you have 2 country connected to each other that want to attack each other. Each country is assigned values such as : mod number, growth, and max population. Growth is number of people you get for every turn, max population is the max people you can have on that country. Mod number is used to calculate what mod is used. you add the 2 country's at wars mod number to get a mod. (adds stratagy, so if your team sucks at akido, you can get the akido country, and never play someone else at akido, while if you attack some other country, you would play them at wushu)

so say you have 10 people on one red country, and only 3 on a blue one, and the red team declares war. The red team chooses to right with how many people, say 6. Fill a sever with 10 red, and 3 blues. They continue fighting. If RvB, and R loses, Rplayer is speced. If 2 Rs are going to verse each other, nudge up a blue player. Continue fighting until one team is gone. If red wins, the number of people left inhabit the blue contry. If blue wins, the number of people who died in the tourney, stay.

one warlords, several generals, many veterans, the rest are soldiers

each warlord plots the movements of his own color. there must be at least one blue general and one red general per skirmish. They come to the server ingame, and pick people from the normal mass of players that come to the tourney (soldiers). A log will be kept for the people who play, so you can't switch sides. You can also pledge your allegiance on whatever team you like, and play for them only.(veterans). Veterans are entitlted to skirmishes, before soldiers.

More than one color too... allegiances as well. (ones that you're entitled to keep). Also, appoint some mercanaries to do some work for you.

Costs $$$,$$$ to enter a team, + $$$$ for every veteran and $$$$$ for ever general. All of it, + some extra, goes to winner. say 50% of it goes to the warlord, 40% split to the generals, 10% split amung the veterans.

Something tells me this has allready been done, to a less complex extent.

Also, loads of typos, cba to fix them. Ask me, if you don't understand something.

This way, it dosn't require too much nagging-at-people-to-go-join-server-RISK. needs at least 3 people (2 generals and a promoteam). Everyone else can be ad-lib.

Wow, I thought my idea was complicated.

No, I think a simpler version is more adequate.

Defender chooses mode. (home turf)
Attacker chooses day.
Defender and attacker agree on time.

Countries and teams merge after a country is conquered. Not all members need to join new team, it is up to team leader to recruit defeated members. (zomg, diplomacy skills!)
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.