Toribash
Original Post
Newbie classes.
A lot of talk about holding newbie-teaching classes ingame on the admin board, and I volunteered us for the job. First I'd like to sort out teachers for the different modes.

Modes:
Wushu
Aikido ------- list may change
KB
General Knowledge

So if you feel like you're good enough to teach one of these, speak up, don't be modest.

Also, we may accept people as instructors that are not in the Bromo-Team, so feel free to apply. SHITTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROMPTLY DELETED.

You need to include your timezone (in GMT).

About the classes:
Pretty self-explanitory, but Blam suggested I share some more info as to what the format will be. Since newbies do not use the forum for the most part, we will be using an account (with a ~) to promote it among the low-belt servers. We will wait a few weeks and get the word out about these classes, then we will start holding them. One teacher will be in a server with a belt limit set to something like blue belts and under. There will be anywhere from 15-25 low belt students in the server. The teacher will have a designated helper/assistant (one of the BT members). This helper will just go along with what the teacher is doing ingame. The teacher will explain the basics of the mode, then show the students using the helper as a dummy. From there the students can join the game and test out the material on eachother, while the teacher spectates and gives further advice. These classes will range from a half hour to an hour, depending on the mode.
Last edited by KiTFoX; Jun 11, 2009 at 11:56 PM.
Modes:
Wushu
Aikido <---- i pick this one
KB
TK

i am good in aikido
i want to teach newbies so they will be good in aikido
I'm all up for wushu and any variations of wushu.

P.S GMT +2. Can do lessons after hosting tourneys for whoever wants to stick around? ;O
Last edited by Blam; Jun 11, 2009 at 11:57 PM.
Thread seems better now, GJ. I would apply for this, but I'm terrible at toribash (ask siku if you don't believe me)

|blam is the most versatile toribash player i have ever seen| -siku-
Last edited by siku; Jun 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM.
:D
Kickbox and General Knowledge, I can do. I'd be better suited at general knowledge though, I can't really specify any kickbox techniques.

EDIT: Then again, to be good at kickbox you need some good general techniques.. Yeah anything fairly conventional with a low tf, I could teach.
Last edited by Stonewall; Jun 12, 2009 at 03:44 AM.
I'd be glad to help with wushu.
I would also help as a "helper" if im needed.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!