Toribash
Original Post
Create Incentive for Veterans to Play
Pretty simple suggestion: there's nothing really appealing out there for people to earn in Toribash once they've hit 20,000 Qi. It's clear that this lack of promotional opportunities for Veteran players has an impact in their activity, or complete lack thereof.

The closest thing custom belts can talk about "achieving" or "earning" in Toribash is of course "God Belt"; however, that small cosmetic change isn't enough because custom belts can simply change their belt name on a whim to "God Belt" without any problem. That, and one three letter word is hardly a consolation for 30,000 more games to be played.

If you're here to agree or disagree that this is in fact an issue, please post. Additionally, this thread could be used to brainstorm suggestions for what exactly would serve as an incentive for Custom Belts to keep playing.

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.

It's fiscally reasonable to create incentive for players to move on for thousands and thousands more games. The longer they stay here in Toribash, the more likely they'll throw money at the game. And although it'll never happen under the current people who are in charge of this- it'd be leaps and bounds better if these Objects/etc. can't in anyway be purchased or transferred.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 18, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
its like this for all belts depending on what belt you have the TC amount and wait time changes. really i dont see how this would help the problem, in fact i think it worsened it. that 25 mins is a game killer. also they took ALL of the other tourneys out :/
Last edited by Fates; Oct 22, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
This issue has been addressed already. If we were to decrease the time interval, we could potentially cause an influx in the tori economy. 25 minutes is not a long wait for a 12k tc prize. If you are going by tc exchange rate, each tourney you win, you are effectively gaining 1$.

So far the servers have been recieveing great feedback from 10k qi players. It seems that a majority of the people complaining about the interval times are lower qi players.

Also, Masterfate, you are not even able to participate in the 12k tourney, why are you talking about the wait time for it?

Also, this is still a new addition to the game. Stuff could change at any point, and we are always looking for news ways to update the game, so long as it does not cause more problems than it solves. Due to the amount of tc being put out, the intervals for the servers seems rather fair.

This update not only helps the newer players, but it also helps the vet players. The vets now have a room where only they can hang out, make a fair amount of tc, and have fun. In the past two days, I have seen a fair amount of high qi players tell me that the only reason they are going to continue to play is due to the new servers. Is that not what we wanted to accomplish with this thread? This does not create an incentive to play, but it is making the game more fun for the vet players, and it helps out all the other players aswell.

This thread, along with many others is helping us work towards our goal of making the game more entertaining and fun for everyone. I still support hax's ideas, but I am taking a different approach on them.
A hasbeen like the rest
Hello could Toribash do any fucking things at all?! Some suggestions that have gotten loads of support have been sitting in this thread for years now.

So many things could be improved, Bring a fucking half decent rank system,One where you don't just play the same shitty green belt 200 games and get rank 5.

Stop GMs making terrible tourneys with some random ass mod they found and then fucked about with the settings and changed the reaction time to 5 to make it more FUN when actually they cant be bothered to wait for the tourney to end... Hello?! you signed up to be a GM. Put normal mods, with normal reaction time, "It takes to long " Then host two tourneys with half the max clients, then players wont get bored waiting.

Gm forum events, shit again, Some of the ideas are pretty great but the reward is so lame and boring. Vampire force for spending three weeks on a replay WOOOO!

Get some developers and Forgers, There is plenty good suggestions yet none of them are ever done. And ST items, we have waited for what seems like forever for new things to spend ST on... owait it was a waste of time since you can just get them for USD.

Lobby's with high skilled players? Even thou Ultimate lobby's weren't that populated, the times they had people in them were great. Now you are almost forced to play in lobbys filled with noobs and its just so repetitive and boring. ( I know private servers can be used for this^)
The 12k Tourneys were actually a decent solution to this as it brought all the high skilled members together to compete but now they are gone.. and being 'fixed' which may be a while.

All these are incentives for veterans and more importantly just regular players.

SkulFuk Moderated Message:
All you've achieved with this post is getting me to ignore the idea. GJ

Great attitude SkulFuk, not that you were going to do anything in the first place.
Last edited by FistofLife; Nov 27, 2014 at 02:10 AM.
^rip fist.

But, there really isn't much you can do, personally I'm already losing motivation to play the game and I just got 10th Dan.

All I can really say is give extra prizes for higher belts, anything else might be unfair.
Just gonna go off a few things i agree on that Fist posted.

Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
.Bring a fucking half decent rank system,One
where you don't just play the same shitty green belt 200 games and get rank 5.

I agree with this because i personally don't believe the current ranking system really fits the game that well, you should get a rank based off of how skilled you are as a player and not because you're rank 11k something and you beat a rank 7k player and all of a sudden end up stealing their rank. Changing the ranking system could really add a more competitive feel that Toribash needs, other than just competitive events held by GM's.

Gm forum events, shit again, Some of the ideas are pretty great but the reward is so lame and boring. Vampire force for spending three weeks on a replay WOOOO!

To be completely honest with you, the prizes for GM forum events are pretty bad, and it's surely a thing that can be improved unless the GM team is just that lazy.

Get some developers and Forgers, There is plenty good suggestions yet none of them are ever done. And ST items, we have waited for what seems like forever for new things to spend ST on

Yes yes yes. Having special items made for possibly more important events honestly seems like a great idea, but based on a marketing standpoint if it was just a custom made item for one player, and it's the only one in TB existence.. well i'm sure you get the point. Unless of course you restricted the ability to sell these special items.

All these are incentives for veterans and more importantly just regular players.

I'm not necessarily a veteran player myself, i'd say we start focusing more on the entire community as a whole and not just veteran players. Giving special things to only veteran players seems pretty unfair to lower belts. I see people all the time that are newer players and just drop the game completely because it's dull.
Last edited by Triton; Nov 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris
I like the idea but the problem will stay, at the moment the problem is at x games but if we give someone ann incentive to get to y games then the problem will be there, I guess that means the solution has to be repeatable unlimited times or as many as there is logical need
Really and truly, there is no permanent way to fix this problem. If you implement one thing, soon they will grow tired of it and leave again, then you entice them back again and they grow tired again; you get the idea.

And even though you vets(me being a noob and all) have pretty much finished the game, there will always be moments or phases when you come back into the game again, even if for a short period of time.This is the Nature of Video games.

give custom belts 100k tc so they can buy name changes and not having this ugly nick anymore
WE. GO. JIM.
Originally Posted by mrkamikaz View Post
give custom belts 100k tc so they can buy name changes and not having this ugly nick anymore

This just deletes the incentive you have.. if you are a custom belt but cannot earn 100,000 TC then the incentive is to go earn 100k.