Toribash
Original Post
Suggestions for 4.3 - e-sports release
Hi,

I'm working on the new 4.3 version, the release is focused on features that make tournaments, duels and spectating more exciting, easier to use.

Currently I have on my todo:
- Ingame opener stats (first use, name, win ratio, who found it first)
- Naming of openers used (if you create a new opener, you can also name it)
- Ingame player stats (join date, games played, win ratio etc)
- Mouse over on joint stats (how close to breaking was the join, how much damage did it take)
- Pause tournament or duel (ops can pause a current match)
- /decaprize 1000
"hampa has added a 1000 TC prize for decapitation"

+ the usual bug fixes and tweaks.

If you have any other competitive features, please post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Nov 7, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Oh shit, I'm not 12. Double oh shit... This isn't a calculator?
Originally Posted by snake View Post
UNIQUE GAME DESIGN > "I'M BROKE 12 Y/O BUT I CAN RUN THIS SHIT ON MY CALCULATOR"[/B]


I read both of your posts. I'm not really going to try to understand why anyone would think this, because my opinion is so drastically different.
So... You, as a player, want nabi to close off the market, forum sales and player-to-player trading? Then, you want them to remove 3 of the games tc earning mechanics, make advancement as slow as possible and force you to pay monetarily for every customisation you get? You even, for some reason, feel like it's a good idea to make less availability an aim for nabi studios and... you think that having an outdated PC means that the person behind the computer won't be able to pay and will never be able to pay... 10 dollars? Are you okay, really?

Also, it might be good to point out that the things you want to remove, essentially, are the reason toribash at the moment has as many players as it does. Toribash now is much more player friendly, so it has an accordingly larger playerbase. No matter what you say or how you say it, deterring a whole community in favour of a small group, that are a little more likely to buy -and a hell of a lot more likely to stop playing, isn't a good idea. I played Toribash for maybe a month and a half in 2008, but quit because it was too hard and too harsh - presenting - what seemed - a ridiculously difficult game engine and allowing nothing to be earned. I came back a few times and started playing again, despite being able to play whatever else on my 360 because toribash is a unique game. I can't play another game instead of toribash, but I can play toribash instead of another game.

Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Game stats:
- Total bet amount on the players
- How many times these players have meet

If you can view how many times two players have met, it would be nice for hype and competition to let us see the outcomes of the matches - like an ongoing score between them for both the whole game and the current mod
Last edited by N3WB; Nov 16, 2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Making actual suggestion
M8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


Originally Posted by N3WB View Post
I read both of your posts. I'm not really going to try to understand why anyone would think this, because my opinion is so drastically different.
So... You, as a player, want nabi to close off the market, forum sales and player-to-player trading? Then, you want them to remove 3 of the games tc earning mechanics, make advancement as slow as possible and force you to pay monetarily for every customisation you get? You even, for some reason, feel like it's a good idea to make less availability an aim for nabi studios and... you think that having an outdated PC means that the person behind the computer won't be able to pay and will never be able to pay... 10 dollars? Are you okay, really?

removing is most simple solution. it may be not best, but i don't know any better one.

there should be control over tc spread. at the moment there is almost no.
it's clearly not THAT bad as it used to be, after items started to restock, but it's still FAR from good.
may be you remember a time when there was no item restock and how people were speculationg on selling cheap items for crazy price.

Originally Posted by N3WB View Post
Also, it might be good to point out that the things you want to remove, essentially, are the reason toribash at the moment has as many players as it does. Toribash now is much more player friendly, so it has an accordingly larger playerbase. No matter what you say or how you say it, deterring a whole community in favour of a small group, that are a little more likely to buy -and a hell of a lot more likely to stop playing, isn't a good idea. I played Toribash for maybe a month and a half in 2008, but quit because it was too hard and too harsh - presenting - what seemed - a ridiculously difficult game engine and allowing nothing to be earned. I came back a few times and started playing again, despite being able to play whatever else on my 360 because toribash is a unique game. I can't play another game instead of toribash, but I can play toribash instead of another game.

i'm playing from 3.32 or something like that. and it's still the same except VERY minor changes.

tell me. did you bought toribash key?
did you EVER spent any money on toribash?


when we talk about market and economy, we should understand, that items at toribash have absolutely NO effect on your chances to win.
it doesn't matter if you use orc force or demon force. it's just the matter of taste.

you can win and progress without any items at all. and the game would not change for you.
so in this situation, where items mean only some cosmetic features that completely unnecessary from gameplay perspective, it should be a way of earning money. for further developement.

afterall, you would not play better no matter if you will get orc force or not.

toribash marketing model was supposed to be "want to look fancy - donate", while you still could get all of these items but spending more time and participating in events and that sort of things, where tc was provided by nabi in ammonts they consider as reasonable and it supposed to be not game breaking.

promo team and that sort of things.


and yeah, i belive that if there will be no free market it will be rather easy to balance game economy and get income.

most popular solution is double currency. you have tc and you have nabi points which you buy for real money.
no one talking about milking money out of the people, but if you will buy and sell items only to torishop, developer will have full controll over economy. prices for items could be re-balanced aswell, to make earning specific items hard but not impossible. and as i said, items have no effect on gameplay, so it's pretty reasonable and fair.

the only problem is usg like textures, but even that can be solved with right degree of controll.

tl;dr
when tb will get controled instead of being chaotic, everything will get better. in some degree ofc.
control over tc flow (this is what nabi should want and think about, since it's their money)
actual upgradng game and promoting it on recived income ( adding more features, polishing the game, making it look like hq product and PR it at game magazines, this is what money for )
control over content (keeping hight quality of mods, accepting only good and forethought ones, instead of random low quality or even copied mods, there should be MANY mods but not clusterfuck as we got now )

no money = no motivation = no advancement in developement.

i don't mind some toribash 5 being developed as completely separated game if there will be shinny polished look so it will LOOK like an ACTUAL FINISHED PRODUCT, rich game mechanics (custom points sytem, grab threshold etc etc), and userfriendly interface ( friends and that sort of things ) without free market but functional econoly. and i guess i will even pay for that game on steam or buy some shinny colors, if i will know that game is not abandonned by developer and it's constantly being upgraded.

there is minecraft classic which is free and minecraft. just some stuff to think about.
Last edited by snake; Nov 16, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by N3WB View Post
If you can view how many times two players have met, it would be nice for hype and competition to let us see the outcomes of the matches - like an ongoing score between them for both the whole game and the current mod

I agree completely.
Right now I can't think of more improvements to the game... stop. Did I mention improving tutorial or was it in another thread?
hampa i hope you aren't wasting time still reading through this shit

please just go work on the game

snake if the devs needed to generate alot more money i think they would focus on that, instead they are being the right kind of dev and doing what has been working for the rest of us here

not to turn around and promote limiting access but there should be an age/belt/posts/account age limitation on the suggestions threads/boards and people should only be allowed to post once

or create a board for it and everybody makes thread with suggestions so you can argue the little things you want without spamming this thread

these are really forum stuff


all said I am excited because these are pretty radical changes to the gameplay
back from the dead
SELLING MY DEACTIVATED
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Hi,

I'm working on the new 4.3 version, the release is focused on features that make tournaments, duels and spectating more exciting, easier to use.

Currently I have on my todo:
- Ingame opener stats (first use, name, win ratio, who found it first)
- Naming of openers used (if you create a new opener, you can also name it)
- Ingame player stats (join date, games played, win ratio etc)
- Mouse over on joint stats (how close to breaking was the join, how much damage did it take)
- Pause tournament or duel (ops can pause a current match)
- /decaprize 1000
"hampa has added a 1000 TC prize for decapitation"

+ the usual bug fixes and tweaks.

If you have any other competitive features, please post in this thread.

Yes! I've waited for that so long, finally!
It looks pretty good so far Hampa , keep up the good work .

What Whazza suggested about the not being able to move if hit is actualy a good idea . This is the way I see it , why not add in an extra check box beside Dismember and Fracture thats labled K.O ?

Its pretty simple really , if you get hit in the head your body relaxes all . A turn frame will pass before you can move again to give more of a real effect in the matches ( being dismembered or fractured already has this effect) .

I would imagine this would be some what easy to add in since it is pretty basic compared to what you are doing right now and people will have alot of fun with it .
nicely done , but hampa , most players who makes servers , they simply write /jo 1234
is there any more options for that?
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit