Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Anti-Virus change and Malware problem
Hey there,

I don't know what anti-virus that the people of toribash use, but I've begin to notice something about Norton Antivirus that came with my laptop.

It sucks.
It doesn't even allow you to scan when you click on the buttons on the UI, so I have things like SpyBot and Malwarebytes to scan instead :/

This brings me to my problem, I keep scanning with SpyBot and noticing some Malware called Win32.Downloader.gen, I've researched it and it can cause quite a few problems by controlling my internet traffic, however when my SpyBot finds it, sometimes it becomes unclickable (the whole SpyBot application) so I have to scan again. After I've gone through the long scan again and it's clickable, I click fix selected. It gets rid of the thing. Until I next boot up my laptop :L

Which leads me to believe this stupid malware has a rootkit on my computer and I'm absolutely terrible at removing these things T_T

So I ask, what antivirus should I get? Because I'm definitely getting rid of Norton, the stupid waste of computer resources costed money xD

Bonus Points

Thanks