ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash Replay System
Hello

I had thoughts of instead using Discord as the source for ideas where it can easily dissapear (As Guard said),

write down here instead of the ideas in discord so it's easier to find them.

The gif that Sir shared for the new upcoming idea:
https://puu.sh/Hf5rS/b25ba2eed6.gif

Current ideas that me and other people came up with:

- Bookmark/savepoints, easier to bookmark specific times inside the replay if you're looking for something that happend during the replay or something to do with editing.

- Be able to add a text bubble over the timeline for ideas or examples so other people can see or just personal references for ideas when you make WIPs.

- Using the key O will add the bookmark/savepoint and O again on the specific time to delete it or left-click to highlight the bookmark.

- Possibly add a sequencer, just like the TBN function.

- Add visualized keyframes for camera movements.

- A cinematic/timewarp mode in which the replay plays in slowmotion during heavy hits or when players come close to each other.

- Add a gif function inside of the replay system so it's easier to share the replay faster. 10-15 sec long gif?

- Make an information tab for the replay system, so people know how to control it.

- Be able to make a direct input for the specific frame you want to go to.

If you got any ideas for the replay system, comment down below so it's easier to find them!
Necrobumping Elite Master - ps dont tell Fred
jag såg de där https://gyazo.com/2bb5d1c33d72abf6549b5558c54c9fa8
I don't know how to feel about these suggestions, since some of them are quite exciting and others sounds like high effort to implement and low reward from the community. But I'll point out my thoughts on each suggestion.

Originally Posted by Miracle11 View Post
Bookmark/savepoints, easier to bookmark specific times inside the replay if you're looking for something that happend during the replay or something to do with editing.

Using the key O will add the bookmark/savepoint and O again on the specific time to delete it or left-click to highlight the bookmark.

I respect the ambition but I don't see how this can be actually useful instead of another unused feature. Do you really need to bookmark a frame once you can navigate throughout it so well? I will resume this in the next suggestions

Be able to add a text bubble over the timeline for ideas or examples so other people can see or just personal references for ideas when you make WIPs.

Sounds like a feature that demands moderation (if i get the idea right) and a lot of effort to implement. I wouldn't bother if it was already implemented (sounds pretty cool actually), but the outcome is kinda unpredictable and the time needed to implemented that could be used for something else, imo.

Possibly add a sequencer, just like the TBN function.

I have nothing against this, this is a must have in my opinion.

Add visualized keyframes for camera movements.

I'm not totally against the idea but sounds like a completely different feature. I'd prefer discuss it in a more specific thread

A cinematic/timewarp mode in which the replay plays in slowmotion during heavy hits or when players come close to each other.

It would be super cool if it was the user that configures when that happens. If it was automatic many bugs would burst in the entire game and not everyone would be very understanding about it.
But also demands a lot of effort, probably

Add a gif function inside of the replay system so it's easier to share the replay faster. 10-15 sec long gif?

Do you have any ideas of how this can be done and how it would work? Just sounds impossible to me but maybe you can change my mind.

Make an information tab for the replay system, so people know how to control it.

A window that opens/closes when you hit F1 (for example) sounds more than reasonable

- Be able to make a direct input for the specific frame you want to go to.

instead of that i'd go for a percentage approach, just like youtube
you press CTRL+1, you go to the 1/10 of the replay, CTRL+2 takes you to 2/10, and so goes on.

sounds more practical, in my opinion, both for developer and user.
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
I don't know how to feel about these suggestions, since some of them are quite exciting and others sounds like high effort to implement and low reward from the community. But I'll point out my thoughts on each suggestion.

Many of these ideas came from the Toribash discord channel where Sir himself said if anyone had more ideas for the replay system that we should type them down. We are quite alot of people that want new things into the replay system.

I know it will take time to code all this in, especially the Gif function for an example, just that is a another program for itself, almost.

Many of these ideas is good in their own way, but sure, some of these might not even be a thinkable solution to add.
Why many of us want a bookmark feature is both for sharing the replay with others, or making a note for yourself in what you want to do in a WIP or just editing purpose.

We will see what Sir and the others have for ideas to add into the system and if they even going to add something similar at all.
Necrobumping Elite Master - ps dont tell Fred
jag såg de där https://gyazo.com/2bb5d1c33d72abf6549b5558c54c9fa8
Also when we hit "Ctrl + [" / "Ctrl + ]" ,
The replay should move to the current replay folder we're looking instead of playing the main folder replays. i believe someone suggested this ,just gonna put this here.
Thank you,
Best regards