Toribash
Original Post
building communities around mods/servers
err thats may be a stupid idea, but let's create a sub-forum with threads for each official rooms linked in /motd of official servers, so may be it may help to create a communities around mods/servers. if this idea fails, you can just delete a sub-forum, no big deal.

if it will have a positive effect, we may have more "serious" mod communities, so people who play on server will be able to share opinions, experience and stuff
Last edited by snake; Jan 15, 2014 at 09:08 PM.
most people who play don't use forums / don't know about em, a link in /motd would not hurt
Last edited by snake; Jan 15, 2014 at 09:55 PM.
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
People have made communities around mods, they're all in the organization section

This.

That's what organizations are pretty much being used for, and even that has only had mild success. 4 of the current official organizations haven't made a post this month.

Further convoluting the forums with more subforums that see little to no activity isn't a solid idea. Still hoping the entertainment board gets off the ground more than it's initial start.

As for the /motd: those sort of things in official servers makes people who don't know much about the game nor how to use the forums think that whatever said is official and the word of the staff. If we link the organizations to the motd, we'd essentially be advertising a group of people who could say any sort of defamatory, bias, etc. thing and it look associated with what's set in stone by the GMs, Smods, admins, etc.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!