Toribash
Original Post
2v2 | 4 player toribash | more than two players
PLay with more people, battle of teams...

Originally Posted by Pikadex
Just a quick idea that one of my friends made: simultaneous battles.
It would involve multiple small squares/circles/dojos as "mats", spread apart, where in each one, two players would go up against one another. If you are to land outside of the area you were placed in (including another mat) you would be eliminated. It could also function as a ladder; the victorious players would move on to the "next round", where it would continue up until there are two left, where they could fight to the death.

Another idea that I made, derived by the extra people battling at once, is team battles. Team battles, as you'd expect, involves 4+ players, equal amounts on each team, pitting against one another. Once all players on a single team are eliminated, or the time runs out, the team with the remaining players (or more points) would be victorious.

One final idea I have is "multi-battles". It involves 3 - 4 players, all against one another. This one could lead up to great chaos, and, other than the extra players, it would function as a normal battle. It could also be used together with the idea of simultaneous battles and/or team battles.

Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Been suggested many times, and was actually possible for a while, it however proved really buggy and slow.

Maybe eventually we'll see it but most not some time soon.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
^ That...

...or as hampa said on the live steam - it wasn't fun.

Last edited by Lazors; May 6, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
Here are the specs of my zenbook.
8 Gb ram
Nvidia Gt 640 graphics
Intel i7 processor.

It handles toribash on max settings, tomb raider, call of duty bo2, etc. except battlefield, and crysis.

You're telling me, that 2 more players will cause lag.

BAHAHAHAHA no. It's been a while now. Those 12 year olds had time to ask there mommies for that new alienware for chrismas. Toribash is on steam like snake said. Quit the shit, and actually test the suggestion.
I love the idea of this its so amazing I feel like this would take Toribash to a new level
The problem is not whether or not the computer system will handle this addition, but whether the combined internet connections of all 4 players would work sufficiently to a point where it is actually playable. If a single player has a bad internet connection, then it could ruin the entire match and cause many crashes.

I agree, it should be tested at some point, but if it were to be implemented it would only be a toggle-able feature on servers.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
The problem is not whether or not the computer system will handle this addition, but whether the combined internet connections of all 4 players would work sufficiently to a point where it is actually playable. If a single player has a bad internet connection, then it could ruin the entire match and cause many crashes.

I agree, it should be tested at some point, but if it were to be implemented it would only be a toggle-able feature on servers.

any arma game since OFP (arma 3 is probably and exception) have a netcode allowing 200+ players to play simultaneously in one session. do i need to tell you that every single object in RV2 engine is syncronized with ALL clients even if you are several kilometers away? how many objects? hundreds in not thousands.
i think you are exaggerating it too much.
Forgive me if I am over-exaggerating it, but it has been suggested before and I am simply responding with the same response it got before. It can be done and tested, but whether it will be implemented is a different matter.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
2 vs. 2 Toribash fights
I think it would be awesome to have a 2 on 2 match consisting of 4 online players. The teammates could help each other with custom moves, and the possibilities of new moves is endless. The new battle style would make Toribash much more diverse and unique.
Imagine clan wars. On clan on one side, the other opposite. Everyone's kiai goes off, as if it were a battle cry. Or just 4 friends in a square dodging and weaving it out.

Supported
Also known as CombatBot
the only thing that i Want so bad on this game is a 4 player mode
because i hate having to Wait When some people run aWay from the battle
and it keeps ending up in a tie
plus i think it Would add a Whole neW kind of
fun to toribash
Make it happen Gm's and hampa... Please I beg of you. idc how slow it could be or the "If's
" and "Buts" Just please, test it out. Make it happen.

Press Dat For Automated Message --->

I really think this should be considered and tested out as well. It could change the game completely but the cons also have to be considered. Either way i think it's an excellent idea
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris