Toribash
Original Post
Global chat + Friends chat
Just had a semi-related idea that popped up while reading the thread about waiting too long for matches.
Originally Posted by ya boi
Imagine if the TB chat was like an MMOs. You have a server chat tab, you have a global chat tab, and then you can register friends and have a friends chat tab (friend could be in any server and still chat). Wouldn't that be awesome?

Maybe in TB next...

I think this would be pretty cool (for both TB Next and current TB). I could talk with everyone and still play in quick servers with 4-max people in them (I hate big queues).

Obviously, global rules would be applied to global chat.
I only just thought of this idea, so if there's any concerns with it or potential cons, I'm all ears.

Thoughts?
I don't see any cons at all with this. A lot of time spent in online games are spent in the chat with the guild/clan/whateverthefuck. It would be really nice to not have to sit in the same tight server just to be able to have a chat rolling.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yep, that nice, but at the same time i have a feeling that toribash will kinda lost some of it unique atmosphere
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel
Originally Posted by Nikorn View Post
Yep, that nice, but at the same time i have a feeling that toribash will kinda lost some of it unique atmosphere

All positive change brings to an end "unique atmospheres" of the past. Change for the better at the expense of the "good old" is inevitable when moving forward.
Originally Posted by Dinis View Post
All positive change brings to an end "unique atmospheres" of the past. Change for the better at the expense of the "good old" is inevitable when moving forward.

It's not like "it were better", it's more like "what makes toribash unique since 2007 list". i'm aint saying this is bad, just a little sad. but worth it, ofc
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel
We do have a community Discord though, which is already partially integrated into the client. Probably not something I'd recommend putting resources into for the time being, but it could be something neat to think about in the future.

neat idea