Toribash
View Poll Results: points threshold should be...
kept as it is (it's fine)
19 Votes / 82.61%
lowered (it's a bit too high, reply with value)
4 Votes / 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
[NEW] wushu_esport.tbm testing
shit gets real

main thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?p=7023745

wushu_eSport.tbm is a new iteration of wushu mod created, inspired and tested by TeamWushu members.

The purpose of this mod is to decrease amount of randomness encountered while playing wushu-based mods with classic damage/score system and make openers not fatal.

With positive feedback from TW members we would like to introduce this mod to wider audience and hopefully make it official for Ultimate::Wushu room and score multiplier version for public/beginners rooms.

wushu_esport.tbm (score points mod)
points_threshold 50 by default, beginners may lower it.

+openers are not fatal anymore.
you are able to block with legs and arms without being hurt.

+no more rubbing damage.
you have to hit strong enough to get points.

-noob hugs still work.
but at least not as terrible as before.

if you are feeling uncomfortable with new system, we have a version with score multiplier.

w3sc3.tbm (score multiplier mod)

proof of concept.
in progress will be released after further testing.

feedback is welcome
1. is score threshold too high?
2. is scoring understandable/transparent?
Attached Files
wushu_eSport.tbm (5.9 KB, 24 views)
w3sc3.tbm (5.9 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by snake; Jan 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Neat you basically made a mod around my true to pain event, kudos. I'd call this altering the metagame, if it catches on. Anyway one issue: the neck joint is the ultimate place for an attack, why is it fewer points to try for a decap than to pound the face?
In my opinion, I feel that a couple of the +0 body parts should be higher due to real life significance, but then again keeping it like you have it centralises this mod around being able to block well, and rewarding those who can aim for and hit the relevant body parts. For example the shins, if hit with enough force, you would FEEL THE PAIN, along with a precise jab above the knee cap, but of course with enough force anything can emit pain. Although again, I see that you've done what you've done to limit the types of openers which deal stupid amounts of damage initially.

Areas such as the chest and ribs protect the lungs, and thus I would think that they would be more vital parts of the body, along with the stomach. However keeping it as you have it ensures that it's not too complicated, and 'any hit' will return a stable amount of points.

One question, will there be dislocations possible? And with them, how many points?

Perhaps raise the points which you currently have to 200%, which would allow you to increase the points received when hitting certain joints - by half.
ie head 10, chest 2, shin and or knee 1, pecs 2, abs 2, etc 0

Last edited by Deuteria; Jan 12, 2014 at 05:17 AM.
I can sense more players going for a more passive playing style which means more noob claps and krane stances. No effort in trying to improvise at all.
<8OJ4N>Dark hax-a-lot
<8OJ4N>sounds like a knight

if there is a prize they will go on in =P damn how long did i have to wait for this good thing, also snake u heard about my idea with the dojo. and Deu got a good point, make it more realistic by adding damage to limbs as well would be cool imo. not to much tho, so they can be used to block stuff. but its a good thing at all :3 Pliskien likes much!!!
what happens if just the score multiplier was increased? , will this only change the zeroes to the points?
Last edited by Pliskien; Jan 12, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
COME PLAY TB, where u can move free and design your own moves. dont expect them to get rewarded with winning tho
Originally Posted by Deuteria View Post
In my opinion, I feel that a couple of the +0 body parts should be higher due to real life significance, but then again keeping it like you have it centralises this mod around being able to block well, and rewarding those who can aim for and hit the relevant body parts. For example the shins, if hit with enough force, you would FEEL THE PAIN, along with a precise jab above the knee cap, but of course with enough force anything can emit pain. Although again, I see that you've done what you've done to limit the types of openers which deal stupid amounts of damage initially.

Areas such as the chest and ribs protect the lungs, and thus I would think that they would be more vital parts of the body, along with the stomach. However keeping it as you have it ensures that it's not too complicated, and 'any hit' will return a stable amount of points.

One question, will there be dislocations possible? And with them, how many points?

Perhaps raise the points which you currently have to 200%, which would allow you to increase the points received when hitting certain joints - by half.
ie head 10, chest 2, shin and or knee 1, pecs 2, abs 2, etc 0

Ok, so the body part issue: most of the time you hit bodypart+joint that's why they give only 1 point. Most of the time, you'll get +2 for a bodyhit.

If shin gives +1, I don't see why thigh shouldn't give +1 too. hip should be 0, hitting on a hip joint? seriously? Shoulder hits should be 0 too imo.

If there will be soft flags then we can mess with stuff like hitting with leg on thigh gives 1 point, but hitting with your hand gives you nothing.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Snake. How did you manage to sort out the point system for the mod? Could be implemented into a mod such as greykido for ect.
Imo, allowing shoulder and hips to be used to block is a mistake. Makes it too easy to recoil into a ball. Blocks need to be forced to be dynamic rather than static for the sake of better matches, so I think you really need to make shoulders and hips give points.