Toribash
Original Post
PROP Turorial

What is a PROP?

A prop is used to more easily explain and present your idea of an event to us. It mainly follows the same format each time, but differs to your liking. Bellow we will explain the separate parts of a prop and what you should have.

1. The Heading/Banner
You are, normally, going to want to start with a banner or some piece of art relating to your event (Note: if you do not have this, we will help supply it as needed). Once you have your banner at the top, you are going to write a short (or long) story or joke etc. that leads into the event. This is nice to get the participants into the mood of the event.

Example

2. The Objective(s)/Challenge(s)
This is where you are really going to get into this event. This is where you explain what exactly the person has to do. Be specific! We can't stress that enough. To avoid confusion further on, be as specific as you possibly can. Also, same thing goes here as the Heading, if you don't have a banner or art to easily display where the objectives are, we can supply you. For this, plain text works as well.

Example

3. The Rules
This is where you can narrow down the limits of the objective, and also declare things that the participants can't do, so they don't get in trouble, and it makes the event run a little smoother. Many of the main rules you should have include: No plagiarism, no hacking replays, and no alts. These usually apply to everything. Also, keep in mind that "reserve" posts are being infracted, so you might as well remind people.

Example

4. Prizes
This is what everyone's in it for. This one is also pretty simple, yet quite harder to make. When picking your prizes, you have to make sure that they are pretty balanced. This means making them a certain amount of tc per item, or tc itself. Remember that we supply ST and custom 3D items (if needed), but it is your job to either get a tc prize or item prize.

Example

5. Deadline
Normal events usually run for around 2-3 weeks. Tournaments are different and can heavily vary in time with a lot of variables.

Example

Conclusion

If you have an idea for an event, but don't have the things, or just want to be sponsored, please follow the tutorial above on how to create your own Prop to help us decide on how and if we should sponsor your next hit.

Example of a Full Prop

Example

Credits
JtanK - Event used in examples
Wizard - Wrote most of it
Powas - Gave suggestions
Last edited by list; Jan 21, 2023 at 07:46 PM. Reason: outdated gm stuff

(im)

The images don't work for me, but the main tutorial was very helpful for future event planning
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
The images don't work for me, but the main tutorial was very helpful for future event planning

Thank you for the feedback, and the pictures should work. I don't know why they shouldn't.

(im)

Looks like internet was just messing with me, i see them now.

Also, shouldnt there be a part where you guys explain what you're mainly looking for on an event, what should make it special, etc.
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
Looks like internet was just messing with me, i see them now.

Also, shouldnt there be a part where you guys explain what you're mainly looking for on an event, what should make it special, etc.

That's up to the user, it's his idea, GM's will support anything they find suitable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
Good tutorial wizard, this will probably (and hopefully) motivate some toribashers to design their own events. I also find this quite helpful. But kida like what eki was saying, what about a little area about what makes it special? There are definitely things that make other events better than others... (Pictures vs. no pictures, font vs. no font, etc).

Other than that tiny tidbit, amazing tutorial, nothing else to say anything about!