Toribash
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
What made you to become a legend during your time in toribash, examples perhaps?

I did.
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Taken on pretty much every art leadership position the forum can offer me, as well as being an smod and other things.
Made a name for myself as a tribal texturer in the formative years of the market, working with guys like hanz0, mrama, nightmare etc in establishing many texture styles and standards that are part of todays everyday toribash culture.
or something.

you can find a few of my old works and most of my newer ones here: http://bendover-za.deviantart.com/

Mostly, the art community was my baby, and Ive been nurturing it from my bosom since 2008.
That, and im one of, the most influencial texturers in the game.
I wouldnt go so far as to say Im the best theres ever been, theres always been people around that have been better texturers, but im up there, and im always learning
In terms of the texture scene, Ive been there and done that, pretty much from the begining up untill the present.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
I did.

Mostly, the art community was my baby, and Ive been nurturing it from my bosom since 2008.
That, and im one of, the most influencial texturers in the game.
I wouldnt go so far as to say Im the best theres ever been, theres always been people around that have been better texturers, but im up there, and im always learning
In terms of the texture scene, Ive been there and done that, pretty much from the begining up untill the present.

That is amazing, I hope you are a great influence on the community in the next years
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Art history lesson time. Include people who changed and shaped each era, as well as pictures where possible

Also top 5 or 10 / whatever in each time period.

And art activity levels

Bla bla bla
You know the drill.
You can stop at last year.
will answer all 3 questions at once, its all the same answer anyway

best through their respective generations/activity periods

MANtrain & cevius

mantrain

cevius

Mrama, nightmare, Hanz0 & avwave (albeit indirectly, avwave created the Toribash Texture Mob, which was the precursor to GATA)
Pate5, vermine, monobi & membrain
alphasoni, chris, aveance, ferrock & fate
jebus, nblx, jusmi
13chillz

i got bored of finding images for the rest
Next loaded question. How would you go about creating an event that would get most of the artists around here to actually do something,and produce quality, in terms of the contest itself, the judging criteria and prizes.
I would work a series out of smaller events, ideas that are entertaining.
An arm or a leg per event until a full set is done. Each part with a different theme. Or make one texture and redo it with a different facial expression. or redo someone elses head, from scratch, reworking their concept, or something.
Small series based events, with lots of follow up and reminding people.
What we're doing with gata, make it a challenge, not an event.
borderlands for style.
and the mass effect trilogy, for various reasons.

fav colour is probably orange, but im not sure why.
Good color choice. What color orange?

Teach me why Borderlands style is so hard.

Now do a backflip.
Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
Good color choice. What color orange?

any orange that isnt brown.

Teach me why Borderlands style is so hard.

didnt think it was that difficult tbh, just be less good, like me.

Now do a backflip.

i tried, i failed, and now my neck hurts =/