Toribash
Original Post
Removal of Ranked Matchmaking.
Reason being is that, only beginners really use matchmaking cause they don't quite understand what it is for. Thus allowing good players to exploit the fact that they are new and ultimately farm for rank with barely any effort at all.
"Only the dead see the end of war."
Beyond the straight removal of ranked matchmaking, the only thing I can think of would be to rewrite it to match people with players they haven't played for 5-10+ sets of matches
I don't think matchmaking should be removed. With proper adjustments it could be a useful feature and stuff. Like for example matching people with similar belts/ranks would be a good idea.

There's no doubt that some adjustments need to be done to the ranked matchmaking. Since right now most people don't use it because of all the current flaws, the only people that use it are new players and the people who are after the rank 1. Because of how it works right now, you can just keep getting matched against the new players and if you happen to stumble upon a higher skilled person you don't even have to fight them, you can just quit before the first turn. So another thing that could be done is maybe adding a rank penalty for quitting even before the first turn. I think a good idea would be to add belt restriction on ranked matchmaking, that would probably help the case.
Last edited by AssassinPro; Dec 7, 2016 at 11:49 PM.
golf
Competitive matchmaking is definitely a good idea and should not be removed. As to adjustments, I would really like to see a wider prize distribution. Instead of giving 40k to the one and only player who ranks 1st (and usually happens to be rank farmer or smurf) distribute the prize in smaller amounts between first five or ten players with TC rewards being multiples of 20, 10, 5, 3, 2 for top five.
If we talk about matching up with elo, I think it would be better if we wouldn't reset the ladders every month or so. I remember before the rank change when the good players usually sat on rank 100 and above, whereas the new players would constantly struggle to even reach a positive win-ratio.

As an intermediate player during my earlier belts, I think I still had quite a relevant rank to where my skill level was at the moment. Sure, there will always be players who destabilize the ranking-system by not playing seriously, farming, and what not. But tell me of a game where you've seen a rank-to-skill accuracy of a 100% throughout all ranks.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Rather than removing why not rant about everything that's broken in it - as in stuff that needs fixed without replacing it.

Ideally with ways it should work (eg tiered matchmaking so beginners can't become victims) or things of the such.

Obviously it needs fixed, but it kinda needs people to kick up more of a fuss about it to get the dev attention.

Why does it need a fuss, why not do it right the first time. Instead of leaving it broken till people complain about it.

If you guys know it's broken why just leave it. What kind of dev's do that.
Originally Posted by Parasite View Post
Why does it need a fuss, why not do it right the first time. Instead of leaving it broken till people complain about it.

If a bunch of people started bitching at staff to fix matchmaking, that's the kind of attention they need in order to get developers to have a valid reason to fix it. If there are just a select few people that are complaining about something, we can't just ask the developers do to them a favor by fixing something when the majority of people don't care / don't notice it.
you're on thin ice, pal
Originally Posted by Parasite View Post

Matchmaking was added to see if it was used and by who. It isn't fully fleshed out because it was added to see if anyone actually used it at all. Why bother fleshing out a system if 90% of players don't touch it? That's a wasted workload.

A lot of devs do this with updates, but they have beta and alpha stages to learn those things, as they have a large base of players. We do not, so our beta is just the client itself, essentially.
I think I might be retired.
The thing is that usually there are like 6 people max in ranked matchmaking at the same time: rank 1, rank2 and a few novices with a rank 1600 which are an ez rank farm chance for those two guys, who like never come to much more competitive servers with rank like tourneys and regular rank servers, where they can face good duelists who can kick their ass. Why not to have a matchmaking ranking different from global ones?
I can make it so you never match against yellow belts or below if you are an advanced players.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
I can make it so you never match against yellow belts or below if you are an advanced players.

That would be the best way to improve competitiveness and matchmaking uses, and would decrease rank farming. I'm totally looking forward to it.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung