Ranking
[instrument]
So I really don't know a lot about guitars but baroque guitars are totally rad.
Last edited by Lazors; Jun 27, 2015 at 01:57 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
[Instrument]
This are really nice guitars. But also very hard to get. Especially if you looking for a good one. It's also kinda different to play. I never had the chance to play on a baroque guitar.
But once I played on a lute. This was very interesting, but also very different to the normal guitar.
[Instrument]
interesting sounds created, especially the lute which feels very warm.

new question to get the ball rolling
Name a music artist/band perhaps that have something very unique in their performances, be it accidental or purposeful.
this is a bit vague and hard to understand in terms of a question, but, here is mine;

Ian Curtis from the band Joy Division
Ian was an epileptic and this got worse as he got older. he usually had seizures on stage due to the lighting, causing a very distinctive dance style of his (shown in the video), however, he sometimes was only kept conscious by the amount of arm and leg flailing he was doing and sometimes collapsed and had to be carried offstage.
These seizures also brought out a sound of desperation in his voice, and it worked since alot of JD's music was more of the depressing kind because of the depressed state of mind Curtis was in. On the 18th of may 1980, he killed himself, but left his mark on the scene of post-punk for a long time now. I'll probably be doing a piece of art on him because of the character he was.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Not an easy topic. I only just thought of Keith Jarrett. He's kind of famous for his moaning. You'll see what I mean.

No real backstory to it though. Some get really annoyed because of it, others are totally cool with it. The thing is, voice is the most fundamental instrument. Every harmonic instrument that isn't a percussion instrument tries to imitate it. See if you get too used to your instrument you're gonna end up adapting yourself to it instead of it being your voice. That's why it's so important to sing before you play.
Was thinking about keith too. As far as I know, his moaning is because of concentration. He do not moaning when he play simple stuff.

Alright.. here's something special 'cause the unique thing about him is, that he has NO attitude at all. Marc-Andre Hamelin is currently one of the most virtuose piano-players of the world. But he plays all the stuff without any show.. that's definitly not typical and makes him unique.

-----
Btw.. my favorite jazz track played by keith is 'the cure' cause of the simplicity and I just love the feeling of the song. But at all I prefer his solo concerts.

-----
Ok.. and I just refuted myself. He's moaning all the time xP
Last edited by BBKing; Jun 30, 2015 at 11:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Well, It's maybe not that amazing, but I find like the way Lindsey Stirling dances while still playing the violin is pretty cool, also having in count she does dubstep with her violin O_o

Last edited by SrCheetah; Jun 30, 2015 at 11:54 PM.
Wolololololo
Name: Alex
GMT: -6
Favorite Genre(s) of Music: Deep House, Classical, Dubstep, Future Bass
Least Favorite Genre of Music: Country
Favorite Music Artist(s): Spag Heddy and Fox Stevenson (Dubstep) Gamper and Dadoni (Deep House) Bach, Beethoven, Handel (Classical) San Holo (Future Bass)
Least Favorite Music Artist: Skrillex
Favorite Music Sharing Website: youtube.com xd
One Example of Your Favorite Music:
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
Name: Alex
GMT: -6
Favorite Genre(s) of Music: Deep House, Classical, Dubstep, Future Bass
Least Favorite Genre of Music: Country
Favorite Music Artist(s): Spag Heddy and Fox Stevenson (Dubstep) Gamper and Dadoni (Deep House) Bach, Beethoven, Handel (Classical) San Holo (Future Bass)
Least Favorite Music Artist: Skrillex
Favorite Music Sharing Website: youtube.com xd
One Example of Your Favorite Music:

Most generic app I've ever seen. I can only recommend the world of Swedish (and maybe Japanese) pop music.

Also if you like deep house and dubstep you might like coki, skream and horsepower productions.
Anyways welcome!
Last edited by Lazors; Jul 1, 2015 at 12:30 PM.
i didn't know if it was free-form or not so i just used the one on the front page. Thanks for letting me in and I listened to the artists you suggested. They were very good!
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, it's just that so many people who apply here love edm and hate specifically country and skrillex.

Also if you liked that you should check out massive attack, amason and elsiane.
I rarely listen to pop but I got to say, Sweden and Japan know their shit.
Last edited by Lazors; Jul 1, 2015 at 06:45 PM.