Ranking
Original Post
Flame particle spawn mechanics
Flames are cool and everybody knows that. You can do all sorts of crazy stuff with them. Right? Well, not all sorts, and this is one which you cannot do.
Did you notice that most forged flames are rather hand flames, feet flames (these are actually more rare than others I think, I'll explain why), head flames, shin/leg flames (will talk about those) or like environmental ones. Well, you might say, it's because these flames look the coolest. But what if I told you that you can make it look even cooler with other flames?

What if I actually did?

Well then I would lie. Why? Well, when flame particles spawn, they use the shape of the body part they spawned in, except for legs/shins, which actually spawn particles in a small dot inside. That makes them useful for cool flames. But what makes me think that forging a triceps flame is a bad idea is the fact that the "spawnbox" for flame particles is not attached to the tori but rather to the environment. So if you have flame wings and you happen to play as uke, it will mean that they will grow from your chest. It also means that our awesome glowy flame combo we made will look

like this:

Yeah, I almost shed a tear. And feet flames get fucked up too, although it's not as noticeable.
So what I suggest is making an option to attach the spawnbox to tori, which will make flames even cooler. Moreover, I think it will make people forge flames. Whaat
So that's it I guess.
TL;DR: Flame particles spawn weirdly so the stuff on the second screenshot happens. I want an option for flames to fix that (there isn't one yet)
golf
Originally Posted by AssassinPro View Post
Flames are cool and everybody knows that. You can do all sorts of crazy stuff with them. Right? Well, not all sorts, and this is one which you cannot do.
Did you notice that most forged flames are rather hand flames, feet flames (these are actually more rare than others I think, I'll explain why), head flames, shin/leg flames (will talk about those) or like environmental ones. Well, you might say, it's because these flames look the coolest. But what if I told you that you can make it look even cooler with other flames?

What if I actually did?

Well then I would lie. Why? Well, when flame particles spawn, they use the shape of the body part they spawned in, except for legs/shins, which actually spawn particles in a small dot inside. That makes them useful for cool flames. But what makes me think that forging a triceps flame is a bad idea is the fact that the "spawnbox" for flame particles is not attached to the tori but rather to the environment. So if you have flame wings and you happen to play as uke, it will mean that they will grow from your chest. It also means that our awesome glowy flame combo we made will look

like this:

Yeah, I almost shed a tear. And feet flames get fucked up too, although it's not as noticeable.
So what I suggest is making an option to attach the spawnbox to tori, which will make flames even cooler. Moreover, I think it will make people forge flames. Whaat
So that's it I guess.
TL;DR: Flame particles spawn weirdly so the stuff on the second screenshot happens. I want an option for flames to fix that (there isn't one yet)

I really like this idea. I notice flames are attached to environment and not the body, so what about styles of flame?
E.g, a style could coat your arm, but instead of being stuck to hand, you have two points that hold it together?
Either way, supported.
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
Along with that, the Flame Forge should also be fixed, or made so flames can be more precise and detailed.

Me and FurryPrints discussed this. Flames are only limited to so many possibilities that look fancy and that the people will want. with a better flame forge and Particle spawns being less derpy, a lot could come from it.

Supported
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
i really like this idea honestly this is pure genius i really really like this idea but i'm just wondering if this was implemented wouldn't it make all previously made flames not work because it's a whole new flame system but if all of the flames previously made still work fine i'd support this

supported
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
This would be a nice feature but I think the implementation is where you're going to have difficulties. If I knew more about how toribash's particle system worked I'd be able to give you a better explanation but I can assume implementing this while there are close to 4000 flames already forged would cause issues because flames after that id will have an attribute that flames previous to it. I feel like this takes away from the skill that some flame forgers have too. Some really cool flames rely on this aspect. Another thing to think about is in order to move the flame along with body part and rotate it with it simultaneously will make particle flames ever more demanding and toribash's target audience is anyone with a computer and introducing more demanding flames is probably not on their top priority list. I wouldn't consider this a viable suggestion.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit