ES Recruitment Drive
I hate breaking things in to like 50 functions, it seems so pointless.
It might be good if you were doing a larger project or if you wanted it to be more (quickly) understandable for others or yourself if you come back to it after a long while.
Alpha alpha Hangman.
The bot guesses random letters but probably no longer guesses the same letter twice or more still.
Also it's word it always from the animal list so, ye.
go find bugs or something
http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/hangman_8
EXTRACT IT TO YOUR DESKTOP.
Sacraficed portability to make use of the windows argv[] thing in order to make the file path relative. Also this allowed me to use Sleep();.

Release 4: case sensitivity no longer a problem
Release 7: bot should no longer guess repeat letters
Release 8: added difficulty (only effects the amount of guesses you're allowed as of now)

The source is an unplanned abomination. Works though.
http://pastebin.com/sjh0vUv1
Last edited by Fear; Aug 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
don't click any of fear's links they're all fishing links because he likes trout.
what am i doing here
It looks like argv[0] might be pretty consistent cross platform. The comments on the following seem to suggest it is. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...char-argv-mean
i have lots of programmers in my family(IT, Smartphones, Etc) and This helped me learn coding for anyone wanting to learn coding online :P
PHP code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<link type='text/css' rel='stylesheet' href='style.css'/>
<title>Hello, World!</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>"I'm learning PHP!";<?php

?></h1>
</body>
</html>

i have done more complicated code before but i just did that to show you some PHP
Last edited by Tuna; Dec 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
This simulates ascii sand falling in a grid. Sand is a '.', spaces are just empty space, and '#' is a rock. Rocks don't fall dumbo.
I saw this as an [Easy] challenge on reddit, but all the solutions people were posting used various algorithm libraries and stuff. w/e

yes

This isn't really anything special, but I like how it all works and how the errors are handled (actually I took out grid boundaries for now, that's why catch case 1 is redundant right now). If you're wondering what the mystery function converttoint does, it's something I made and put in my own personal header. It's just this:

converttoint()

Last edited by Fear; Mar 31, 2014 at 09:46 AM.
This is the first version of something I decided to make... it's kinda like a gravity simulator or something. You'll see what I mean (maybe) if you run it.
Currently it's early days because the way the points are moved is by how many other points are above/below and left/right to them. This means that systems usually end up in infinite orbits currently.
Tomorrow I'll change it so the attraction is a function of their mass. You can already see I'm setting up for it.

As usual, if there's an error somehow you should tell me.

By the way, if anyone can score a 20 or higher I'll give them something. Because that's pretty hard.

MAXIMUM SPAGHETTI

pastebin

Hopefully I included everything.

Oh by the way I'm fairly sure the try/throw/catch methods in main are messed up right now, those will also be fixed.
Last edited by Fear; Apr 3, 2014 at 02:32 AM.
I have a suggestion for sand. Make the particles move left or right if the one below doesn't have anything to the left or right.

Gravity is ambitious. I would think about trying to keep the code that controls behavior completely separate from the stuff that displays it so that you can easily switch how you're rendering.

Here is something to try for timing:

clock_t start = clock();
while(((float)clock()-(float)start)/CLOCKS_PER_SEC < .1)
{
//do nothing
}

This "does nothing" for a tenth of a second every "frame" although I believe while loops like that still use as much processor power as possible, but we don't care about that right?