Ranking
Original Post
"Noob clapping"
So I recently was in a qa room and I did a move called a "clap". Then people got mad because I used a "noob clap". This has happened mulitple times and I really want to know why people think its a noob move.
It sorta makes me angry that people consider it a noob move.
Pro clap*
I always use the pro clap and I think practically everyone who plays aikido should go for a double grab.
Just because a move is simple doesn't mean it's 'noob'. Don't worry, they'll learn eventually.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Heh, it's because it used to be the tutorial move; thus noobs would use it all the time.

The name just adds to the joy. Noob clap + win = supreme victory + embarrassment for the victim

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
A relax all+ clap is one of the best ways to open up an aikido match, just ignore them. Because every move your opponent makes, it's easy to defend and counter yourself.
A relax all+ clap is one of the lamest ways to open up an aikido match, even worse is when you contract the wrists. Be creative and do something cool instead of clapping all the time. I don't mind if my opponent claps but if he keeps on doing it, it just takes the fun out of the game
i hate double grabs
(╯°□°)╯︵ pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɐldǝɹ
Because it's such a balanced move. It doesn't fling you out of balance, you can follow it up in so many ways, it even has slight DM potential.

Basically people will complain against anything that is even remotely successful.
Ignore them and liftkick every game. It's hilarious.
Originally Posted by eazi View Post
A relax all+ clap is one of the lamest ways to open up an aikido match, even worse is when you contract the wrists. Be creative and do something cool instead of clapping all the time. I don't mind if my opponent claps but if he keeps on doing it, it just takes the fun out of the game
i hate double grabs

do you even throw?

i do agree on contracting wrists part - it's lame, but overall noobclap is pretty much the best way to start an aikido match. you just need to cook it right.
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
So basically everything that makes you win is considered a noob move

Yup. Elitists gotta elite, unless you do exactly what they want you to do & lose you're a noob doing noob moves.

IMO shovel them. Then go to a ABD server & mega-shovel them. Only an utter noob wouldn't be able to counter such a noob move ;)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you