Toribash
Originally Posted by Doxxy View Post
I have windows 7 home premium, AMD Athlon II 620 Quad-Core Processor, 6GB of ram, 640GB of hard drive, Nvivia GeForce 9100 integrated graphics card. Yet i can barely run Divinity 2. I think it's something to do with my video card....

Yes. Integrated graphics are not for gaming. They're soldered into the motherboard, and are designed for minimum power consumption. Therefore they don't excel at gaming.
Good dedicated graphics card (non-integrated) are a must-have in order to be able to play modern games.

Originally Posted by Doxxy View Post
Yeah, but most games on windows 7 you have to run as a administrator for it to work at full power.

Wrong. There is no difference other than preventing failures during the install. It has to do with permissions. Either they block, or they don't. You won't feel a speed boost by running it as administrator.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by BrogzillaX View Post
and incase you also dirent know single,dual,and quad core, have limited ram slots( where you insert the Ram Sticks) for single core you only get 1 Ram Slot so you can Only put 1 Ram Stick , For Dual Core you get 2 Ram slot and for Quad Core You get 4 Ram slot .do you get it now?

Not true. My former Athlon XP2600+ single core could use 2 sticks. It depends more on the motherboard.

Also, Win 7 proved to be a good upgrade for me. I am able to play Mass Effect 2 at max and Crysis as well(18-20 fps but playable) with the following components:

CPU:AMD Athlon II X2 245
RAM:2GB 800mhz
GPU: nVidia GeForce 9800GT green version, 512mb.
Last edited by vladvlad; Jun 23, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
Proud member of [Pandora]
so a windows 7 laptop. could it run toribash? and would it be able to run shaders, my comp cant even run shadersso if windo 7 lptopc i would be very impressed.
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
so a windows 7 laptop. could it run toribash? and would it be able to run shaders, my comp cant even run shadersso if windo 7 lptopc i would be very impressed.

That would be your Graphics Card, not operating System.
(O_O)------Surprise Buttsecks Face.
vladvlad i have an athlon II x2 240 2.8ghz at 3.8ghz,

2gb ddr2

and an 8800gtx.

overclocked i pull 40fps out of crysis. all of those components with the motherboard cost me $250. $100 gpu $40 memory $60 cpu $50 motherboard

most windows vista/7 laptops have atleast shader model 2.0 which is the requirement for toribash, my brother's $300 laptop has shaders and can run toribash at 30 fps with them on.

however i would personally get a better laptop than a $300 one if you're looking for a decent gaming laptop. (not extreme gaming laptop like an alienware)
Last edited by Organ; Jun 24, 2010 at 12:59 AM.
You don't say?
funny some fcker -rep me because he thought ram sticks are ONLY aloud threw the mother board here what i say to him LOOK UP YOUR INFORMATION DIB SH!T
Originally Posted by BrogzillaX View Post
funny some fcker -rep me because he thought ram sticks are ONLY aloud threw the mother board here what i say to him LOOK UP YOUR INFORMATION DIB SH!T

They're just jealous of your hugely superior intelligence.
Damn I miss wibbles.
cpu has nothing to do with the amount of ram sticks you can use buddy. my 3700+ SINGLE CORE had 4 512mb sticks of ddr1. my computer used all of them when running tasks. so if you could kindly explain in further detail perhaps people wouldn't -rep your comment
You don't say?