Toribash
View Poll Results: Should alll polls be held in IRC?
Yes, they should.
2 Votes / 13.33%
No, they should all be held on the forums.
0 Votes / 0%
They shouldn't be held on IRC unless it's an emergency
13 Votes / 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Polls: All [m]embers should read this
There has been some contraversy about how we should do polls.

Some of us think that they should all be held in IRC, and others of us think that they should be held on the forums.

If they are always held in IRC, not everyone wiill get to vote. We will probably never have everyone in IRC at once, and if we have spontaneous polls, not everyone will get to vote. I think usually there's about 5 to 8 people in there.

Some people think that holding the polls in IRC promotes IRC activity, and that's the only reason I can think of for all of them in IRC.

Also, I just thought of another option. Held mostly on forums, but in the case of an emergency we could have a poll in IRC. We would have to decide as a clan what would be deemed worthy of being an emergency though.

Here. Have a poll.
OLDA | [T] | ORMO
<@Phoenix_afk> pro
Emergency plochs. I feel that all members should get a chance to vote if they're not in IRC.
...unless it's an emergency.
»You just wasted 5 seconds of your life. Congratulations!«
[m] - 2/29/2008 - Never Forget
OK. More than half the clan has voted in one direction. The vote says we should only do polls in IRC if it's an emergency.

Now for the tricky part.

We need to decide what should be called an emergency, and that's also up to the clan. First we need suggestions.
OLDA | [T] | ORMO
<@Phoenix_afk> pro
Whatever we in the IRC deem an emergency.

We need no set rules defining what an emergency is. It's an emergency. We will know if it is.
I don't know about that, then we could decide anything was an emergency that we wanted to.
OLDA | [T] | ORMO
<@Phoenix_afk> pro
well, I guess, emergencies would be problems that need a solution by the end of the day :S

I mean, polls such as new members and new alliances can wait a few days, so they wouldnt constitute an IRC poll
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Ima post cause im bored
anyway only emergencies cause people have time issues and then you would have to stick around irc forever >>
k hate me if you want =.=
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
Then the object is impossible. Simple as that

I think we need a new object
OLDA | [T] | ORMO
<@Phoenix_afk> pro