Ranking
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
Originally Posted by JoboMan View Post
calm the fuck down dude

Im sure official clans will be carried over to toribash next, and if that game doesnt work out then all the clans will die. The OGs will know the OG things and thats that. History

you're saying they take it too seriously when they have an actual "staff" position and you're some random freaking out about the game lore

Holy shit. This is fucking Toribash. Yes they're taking it too seriously, especially when most "staff" positions are bullshit and unneeded. Get a fucking grip, and parse information correctly, before I accuse you of sperging the fuck out too.

It seems the majority so far are against this absolutely pointless decision to eradicate some of the history of a game they spent a good chunk of their lives on, especially when activity checks seem to ADD additional needless shit to people's lives. There's no point to this shit they're pulling now, and there hasn't been a point to any clan-related activity checks, ever. It's wasted time and energy on all sides.

Fucking "staff", like it's some important fucking thing. Fucking Christ.

Edit: Zorow is on point.
Last edited by Templar; Oct 1, 2018 at 07:54 AM.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
yes, unofficialed

your clan still exists, all of your posts still exist, your board still exists (and can be regained if your clan puts forth the effort), all of your members are still in your clan, and, if you did a fuck ton of cool shit, you get to be immortalized as a legendary clan

do your brackets really mean that much to you?

yes they do. if no one cared, the difference wouldn't exist

every clan that has become official earned that title. it wasn't just given to you. and it won't just be taken away. go ahead and kill the inactive clans. they don't need to be here(the actual inactive clans), but when i look at the clan official thread and almost ALL the clans are activity checked. that's fucking ridiculous. it gets to a point when you might as well take clans out of the game if all you care about is activity and achievements.
Last edited by Zorow; Oct 1, 2018 at 08:04 AM.
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
It seems the majority so far are against this absolutely pointless decision to eradicate some of the history of a game they spent a good chunk of their lives on, especially when activity checks seem to ADD additional needless shit to people's lives. There's no point to this shit they're pulling now, and there hasn't been a point to any clan-related activity checks, ever. It's wasted time and energy on all sides.

no, nothing is being eradicated. Your history is still there. The friendships you've made, the things you've accomplished, all of its still there. It isn't going anywhere.

Official clan activity checks ensure the clans that are official are still active and are still contributing to the community in some way. A clan that has done a lot in the past but has died does not necessarily need the official tag.

Originally Posted by Zorow View Post
yes they do. if no one cared, the difference wouldn't exist

a clan that has gone past its peak should hardly care about whether it is official or not. You have achieved things and you have created possibly life-long friendships along the way. If you've gone inactive, why do you still need to be official?

official is a goal, something you should seek when your clan is new, and something you should seek to maintain when your clan is old. Official shows that you stand out, and continue to stand out, rather than just desperately holding on, posting a few times a month and playing a game or two.
I'm just gamin' man
no, nothing is being eradicated. Your history is still there. The friendships you've made, the things you've accomplished, all of its still there. It isn't going anywhere.

Official clan activity checks ensure the clans that are official are still active and are still contributing to the community in some way. A clan that has done a lot in the past but has died does not necessarily need the official tag.

a clan that has gone past its peak should hardly care about whether it is official or not. You have achieved things and you have created possibly life-long friendships along the way. If you've gone inactive, why do you still need to be official?

official is a goal, something you should seek when your clan is new, and something you should seek to maintain when your clan is old. Official shows that you stand out, and continue to stand out.

NO. official showed that you stand, stood, or still stand out. what fucking logic does that make. just because you stopped being active doesn't mean you should be punished. It doesn't mean that what you did in the past is now irrelevant. if that were the case legendary clans wouldn't exist. 10/10 legendary clans are dead and have been that way for years. explain to me why they don't have to continue to stand out.

like i said in my last post. offical is earned, not given. it will not be taken away no matter what the reason. if the clans dead... kill them, dont rape them while youre at it..
Last edited by Zorow; Oct 1, 2018 at 08:17 AM.
~Link is my personal Dj

official is a goal, something you should seek when your clan is new, and something you should seek to maintain when your clan is old. Official shows that you stand out, and continue to stand out, rather than just desperately holding on, posting a few times a month and playing a game or two.

For some reason, I know that you SHOULD know that that's not the point of being official, but I really can't tell if you actually DO know that's not the point of an official tag.

So lemme lay it down:

Everything you just said is bullshit and an attempt to make an excuse for the actions that have been taken, and an attempt to justify their necessity. And it reeks of it. Smells like a goddamn Furfag convention whenever you open your trap.

Clans became official, they reach that milestone that you are talking about, and then, for the most part, they go away. People either realize that they have more shit to do, life hits them, or they get bored, but most clans die. That shouldn't reduce the impact of their significance to the past of Toribash. Leaving dead clans official is not only pragmatically easier than hiring staff for the sole purpose of monitoring activity and other unnecessary stupid crap, it's also a testament to toribash's past, and a marker of some form of achievement. A bracket clan is a based clan, parentheses suck.

A hell of a lot of us seem to actually give half a damn about this. Maybe you SHOULD care, rather than tell others that they shouldn't.

You SHOULD know that. You've been around long enough to know that. So why are you making excuses for this Spergery?
NO. offical showed that you stand, stood, or still stand out.

I disagree. The list of official clans should be composed of clans that stood and are still standing out amongst other clans. If your clan is past its due date, there's no shame in losing the official tag. Again, I must reiterate, the things you have achieved are not going to suddenly dissapear. Out of all the things your clan has done, becoming official should be on the bottom of the list.

just because you stoped being active doesnt mean you should be punished.

That is exactly what should happen.

10/10 legendary clans are dead and have been that way for years. explain to me why they dont have to continue to stand out

i can't seem to find a legendary clan on this list, can you?

if the clans dead... kill them, dont rape them while youre at it..

i think you're overexaggerating the loss of official.

It hardly matters as much as the things you have done, which are not being removed, I might add, again.
I'm just gamin' man
I disagree. The list of official clans should be composed of clans that stood and are still standing out amongst other clans. If your clan is past its due date, there's no shame in losing the official tag. Again, I must reiterate, the things you have achieved are not going to suddenly dissapear. Out of all the things your clan has done, becoming official should be on the bottom of the list.

That is exactly what should happen.

i think you're overexaggerating the loss of official.

It hardly matters as much as the things you have done, which are not being removed, I might add, again.

im not over exaggerating, you're not understanding the significance of taking away what clans have worked hard for. when you take away the brackets NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. its put you in the same category of a clan that i can make in 2 fuckig seconds.(which btw, you dont even have to pay for anymore, making it even more meaningless) the reason there is a difference in ()-[] is so that people who don't know what your clan have done realize you have history in this game
also don't be stupid. legendary clans are dead and therefore not on the clan list, they have their own list.

and yes, things that you have done in this game are being taken away, to shut u up about it. did you forget that they are taking away the offical from clans, you know. things that we worked for..
Last edited by Zorow; Oct 1, 2018 at 08:46 AM.
~Link is my personal Dj

Lots of clans on that list that a whole hell of a lot of people would consider legendary in their own right. It's kinda like the Rock and Roll hall of fame, not all the greats are in it, for "political" reasons.
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Holy shit. This is fucking Toribash. Yes they're taking it too seriously, especially when most "staff" positions are bullshit and unneeded. Get a fucking grip, and parse information correctly, before I accuse you of sperging the fuck out too.

Fucking "staff", like it's some important fucking thing. Fucking Christ.

Edit: Zorow is on point.

I literally put “staff” like that because of exactly what you said, it’s not necessarily a legit position, but they have been given that “job” and they are doing it. I think you’re having a bit of a cry over nothing important, history is history. Who even keeps track of time anyway fuck all that
-----
To be honest I give no fucks but u just got mega triggered so I felt like I should say calm down
-----
1v1
Last edited by JoboMan; Oct 1, 2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I apologise for this post.
Originally Posted by JoboMan View Post
I literally put “staff” like that because of exactly what you said, it’s not necessarily a legit position, but they have been given that “job” and they are doing it. I think you’re having a bit of a cry over nothing important, history is history. Who even keeps track of time anyway fuck all that
-----
To be honest I give no fucks but u just got mega triggered so I felt like I should say calm down
-----
1v1

i bet you'd have a different opinion if your clan was in the hot seat
~Link is my personal Dj