Toribash
Original Post
[TN] General Interview: DrHax And The Torishop Prices

Why hello there, my decent fellow Toribash friends.
Many of you got confronted with some tough changes in the economy of this wonderful game we call Toribash. Those changes, as fast as they occured, got reversed rather quickly. We asked ourselves what's up with those changes and proceeded to interview DrHax, the man in charge of the torishop behind the scenes. These are his responses:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<jusmi> Here with me is DrHax, the marketing director of Toribash and an absolute expert of toribash's economy. We prepared a couple of interesting questions regarding the recent events in the world of marketing.
How are you doing today?

<DrHax> Doing great. Just woke up from a nap And yourself?

<jusmi> I'm doing well today, though i am a bit tired. Anywho, i'd like to ask you some questions about the recent Torishop price changes. Think you could answer a few questions?

<DrHax> Of course. I know there were a lot of concerns, and we did a lot of backtracking. It can be confusing

<jusmi> Wonderful. The first questions would be the most obvious one. What was your main motivation behind changing the prices?

<DrHax> They were completely out of date. There are some gradients in shop right now that are 42,000 TC. That's insane when you think you can buy an entire texture set for half that. Toribash has always been about customization, but it's pretty impossible to sell new people on this idea if they're 50 games in and all they can do with their earned TC is buy ORC. We'd love for new players to be able to find more entry level customization options.

<Jusmi> Is your main focus on cutting down prices on the items that are less used, or do you plan on tackling the price of all the items?

<DrHax> The original endeavor was all items; however, that didn't float a good amount of people's boats. So now we want to focus on A) Items that should be considered for beginners only and B) Items that should be considered rare or collectable. For instance, the Juryo Relax was "58008", because the default relax in Toribash is Juryo. So why spend money on it unless you're achievement hunting.

<Jusmi> With the prices changing, do you believe this will have a large impact on the economy. And if so, will it be good or bad?

<DrHax> So long as we don't make people's inventories worthless, which they shouldn't be with our new ongoing plans and ideas, this can only be a positive change. This is healthy for the economy because there will still be a gigantic amount of items for marketeers to turn profits on, whilst still giving beginners a chance to customize. Additionally- people buying from the Torishop sinks TC, which so long as we don't overdo it is a good. I don't think this will leave a giant impact on the economy so much as the community though. You'll get to see more unique tori color combinations on players way earlier.

<Jusmi> What was the reason for the premature torishop reversion after the new prices were launched?

<DrHax> The item shop prices, while they made sense and were carefully delegated for months with some market squad members, were too low. The economy was far too deflated, people felt they couldn't turn a profit through marketing anymore, and users who had accepted items as a form of wealth felt they immediately lost a bunch of money. During the brief time we had the new item prices we did manage to sink a fair amount of TC though, people buying thousands of head textures for 200 TC thinking it'd run out of stock when it wouldn't.

<Jusmi> I believe that is all the questions i have currently. Would you like to leave us with some final thoughts on this matter?

<DrHax> Like comment and subscribe to www.youtube.com/ToribashTakeOVER!!! Hahaha, no I'm just kidding. Yeah closing thoughts - I hope you guys had an awesome Halloween. I enjoyed giving out TC and being so silly out in the open. If you're worried about your items not being valuable: simply ask yourself if you think we'd make it a "new player item". If it is, I'd recommend liquidation. And be patient! I know there's a lot more coming up real soon; some even with legendary implications.

Done with this community, you guys suck.
Well explained. Now I can sleep knowing there was reason behind that damn Juryo price e.e
I'm happy with how market changes turned out and I'm OK if you guys steadily reduce prices of some items. Dunno about Juryo Price. I never noticed it to be 5.8k or 58.008k, tho it might have been above currect of 1.05k, no idea. As one of the holders of many items, yeah I should sell items back in circulation. Um, I'm too bored / inactive on Toribash to rly do it atm, tho so no idea how it's gonna turn out.
Well that's pretty nice idea to make this interview, now i understand the details of new torishop prices...
But i want to remind for you about hairstyles: they are tooo crazy - 50,000 Toricredits. for half of them.
Hairstyles' prices won't be changed, I believe, as they're the most recent type of items that was created.
I would also love to see update with the torishop in-game with tori hair color added. and plus just saw static blood for 144000 so yea hoping some items would lower
Thank's for the interview and for keeping your eye on what's going on with the economy.

Originally Posted by PUSHOKK View Post
But i want to remind for you about hairstyles: they are tooo crazy - 50,000 Toricredits. for half of them.

As for the items that range from the lowest to the most expensive ones, same with hairs. There are Tori and Uke hairs, then Minihawk etc.