Ranking
Original Post
Should the death penalty be legal?
Should the death penalty be legal? If it is illegal to kill someone, why is it legal to have a death penalty? (Imo I agree with the death penalty in some circumstances, like mass shootings)

But yeah tell me your thoughts
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
There may be chances wherein a person could possibly get framed for a crime he/she did not commit.

Death penalty shouldn't be legal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
There may be chances wherein a person could possibly get framed for a crime he/she did not commit.

Death penalty shouldn't be legal.

I know the case of a black kid that was blame by 2 white girls of killing a boy, and no one believed him.
He died in the electric chair and couldn't see his family or friends before dying.
Some months after that the girls were prooven guilty of killing the boy and were only arrested, not sentenced to the death penalty.
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Should the death penalty be legal? If it is illegal to kill someone, why is it legal to have a death penalty? (Imo I agree with the death penalty in some circumstances, like mass shootings)

But yeah tell me your thoughts

imo, there are 2 types of bad people1. people who would change after being punished
2. people who wont change after being punished
the type 2 can be dangerous to the others if gov let them alive, that's why they have to be killed

and those 2 girls cant be punished by death penalty because they did a false testimony, not a direct killing
BLΛƆKPI¸K
I would be in favour of the death penalty for particularly heinous crimes (e.g. premeditated murder) if it weren't for how common wrongful convictions are. (I'm not sure how common they actually are, I've watched a lot of documentaries on this recently so probably have a skewed idea.)

I'd also be in favour of chemically castrating convicted rapists and child-molesters, but again, probably not a good idea for the same reason.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
Idk if it is better to have a death penalty or to make all the killers / rapists suffer on a prison cell for the rest of their lives
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
Originally Posted by Moop View Post
I would be in favour of the death penalty for particularly heinous crimes (e.g. premeditated murder) if it weren't for how common wrongful convictions are. (I'm not sure how common they actually are, I've watched a lot of documentaries on this recently so probably have a skewed idea.)

I'd also be in favour of chemically castrating convicted rapists and child-molesters, but again, probably not a good idea for the same reason.

Overall the idea of killing/physically incapacitating someone as punishment for the crime is flawed due to this exact reason. Unless there's recorded evidence, there's no way we can be 100% sure someone iswhat they are accused of, and getting a background history of that person may be harder.
For the time being, excluding these people from society while assuring the safety of the general population remains the best option.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
Originally Posted by victortb View Post
Overall the idea of killing/physically incapacitating someone as punishment for the crime is flawed due to this exact reason. Unless there's recorded evidence, there's no way we can be 100% sure someone iswhat they are accused of, and getting a background history of that person may be harder.
For the time being, excluding these people from society while assuring the safety of the general population remains the best option.

Aka making them suffer for the rest of their lives in the prison is the best option
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
It's less about "making them suffer for the rest of their lives" and more of "we're not likely killing the wrong person".
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592