Toribash
Original Post
[Nabi] Aikido World Championship 2013

Hello everybody!

We are happy to welcome you at the greatest event of the passing year!

The year of 2013 which brought us a variety of great events is coming to an end but there's still something special we have been keeping in our secret labs.

An event that is rather short yet superior to anything else that you've ever seen in Toribash.

Why are we so sure about that?

The Aikido World Championship has outstanding prizes, uses one of the most beloved mods of Toribash and is determined to make you feel nervous as if you were at a real martial arts championship.

Aikido World Championship lasts for one day only.
No more months-lasting events that make you bored a week after their beginning!

During that day, a number of knockout tournaments will be hosted where everyone will be allowed to try their best and make an attempt to win.
Winners of these tournaments will be gathered once all knockouts are over and will duel to death.

Sounds intriguing? Then here are all the details.

How it will run

On December 28th, Saturday, a room called "nabiaikido" will be set up.
UPDATE: don't spam connects after the tourney has started, you won't be able to enter. Wait until the next tourney starts
UPDATE 2: Rooms aren't lagging anymore, correct room names are broadcasted some minutes before each tournament start

Once it is set at midnight (0 GMT), a non-stop marathon of 16 knockout tournaments held in aikido.tbm will be hosted which will last for 12 hours
Times may vary depending on knockout tournaments' length

After that, at 5 PM (0 GMT), we'll pass on to the next championship phase which consists of a number of duels.

Here participants will be put in a ladder and fight until there are only 4 players left.
(Access to these rooms will be restricted but all matches will be streamed at our twitch channel (will be announced a bit later) so don't worry!)

The final of Aikido World Championship is the all against all stage.
4 remaining players will face each other in first-to-3 duels.
This will last for as long as it takes for these die-hards to smash every last joint out of their opponents.

The player with the best Win/Loss ratio will become the honourable Aikido World Championship 2013 Victor.

Rules

Make sure you read them!

Prizes
Yeah, they are awesome!

Third place: Custom-named color set of your choice

Second place: Custom-named color set of your choice and 700000 TC

First place: One thousand US dollars

Start time for different timezones:

Los Angeles, USA: Dec 27th, 4 PM (16.00)
New York, USA: Dec 27th, 7 PM (19.00)
London, England: Dec 28th, 12 AM (00.00)
Berlin, Germany: Dec 28th, 1 AM (01.00)
Moscow, Russia: Dec 28th, 4 AM (04.00)
Yekaterinburg, Russia: Dec 28th, 6 AM (06.00)
Beijin, China: Dec 28th, 8 AM (08.00)
Sydney, Australia: Dec 28th, 11 AM (11.00)
Auckland, New Zealand: Dec 28th, 1 PM (13.00)

Round 2 participants

SainTD
Liar
NutHug
s7ing
marci6
DropKick
owca
THEGOD
Smilies2
ApeX119
Spart1cu3
s02
Pieman4210
Crashout
Vendoor
mroczniak

And the winners are:

SainTD - 1st place and $1000!
NutHug - 2nd place, 700k and a custom-named color set
S7ing - 3rd place and a custom-named color set

Last edited by sir; Dec 29, 2013 at 07:52 AM.
First prize doesnt get their own color? lol
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Can you post up the times in all the gmts and what do you mean custom-named colored set. And can you just get tc of that 1000 usd if you don't have paypal?
I'm fine with not getting a color if I get $1000...

Seriously though, those prizes are insane. based hampa, help me through this tourney and I'll suck your dick. amen.

#init2winit

Oh yeah, and when you say players that have no limitations on qi, do you mean you have to be custom belt to participate? Or am I missing something?
can we all make an agreement to play like true gentlemen just like team aikido big dojo and agree to do no shovles?
the god
All in favor *raises hand*

i shall win the 1000$ then use it all on tb. that means i should have 10million Tc. gg toribash, gg

Originally Posted by Soap View Post
Oh yeah, and when you say players that have no limitations on qi, do you mean you have to be custom belt to participate? Or am I missing something?

Nope, I meant that all players from white to elite belt can participate.

And I obviously forgot to write out the terms of receiving the main prize, sorry. Adding that now.
Alrighty, cool. Thanks.

I was just ingame trying to develop a shovel opener, but I know I'll never be able to do it... I'm just gonna play fair and hope my opponent does the same.
Originally Posted by TheGod View Post
can we all make an agreement to play like true gentlemen just like team aikido big dojo and agree to do no shovles?

How about ... shovel only?
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
holy shit this is ridiculous.

I'm in, and hopefully my internet will stay in tact the whole 12 hours
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/