ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Sexual racism or sexual preference?

Recently, a thread named 'confessions' was closed because a member of the community made a weird post about their obsessive yellow fever.

Originally Posted by Melon
honestly
i furiously jack off to asian women every chance i get
specifically koreans and asians man
althought them thai girls fine as FUCK too
indonesian aswell
most asian countries got hot ass girls

nay, all asian girls.
all asian girls fine as fuck
dont cap

Personally, I thought this post was pretty weird and out of place. The community disagreed and went along with it. The thread was closed.

Another member of the community said they were glad the thread got closed on the 'fun in off-topic' thread, as it displayed sexual racism and objectification. We are here to discuss the former.

A discussion ensued around sexual racism on the 'fun in off-topic' thread. I don't think that is a proper place to discuss it, so I made this thread.

What follows are a couple of relevant posts from that thread.

collection

Personally, I don't think having a preference towards one race is necessarily problematic, as long as it doesn't turn into an obsession. I get all hot and heavy when I see pink nipples and labia, which informs my preference towards white women. But I have been known to jack to other races as well. Having a preference against one race can only be rooted in prejudice, in my eyes. As a straight man, I cannot fathom the thought of developing erectile dysfunction once I see a woman of another race.

I think Melon's post was obsessive in nature, which can be problematic. I'm going to try to put into words why, but I fear I won't do a good job.
Yellow fever perpetuates a stereotype for asian women that they are objects of lust. This makes it harder to progress in society because they have to deal with being treated as one(, moreso than other women). I think obsessive individuals are also more likely to commit sexual assualt on their preferred race.

This concludes my two cents, now it's your turn.
Last edited by fudgiebalz; Aug 21, 2020 at 12:20 PM.
alright guy
The argument of having a preference for what race you find attractive being problematic is so out of touch. People naturally have preferences. Sure, you are influenced by societal beauty standards, but you can't exactly get mad at a guy because he said, for example, he isn't attracted to Indian women. Even if he didn't openly say that, he would STILL not be attracted to Indian women. The logic that concludes this guy hates Indian people would be the same logic that states a guy who wants a healthy gf hates obese people.

And on the other side of the coin, if you happen to find one race really attractive, then why not express that openly? I'm not seeing any malice or hurtful comments towards Asian people in Melon's post, even if it is a bit exaggerated for comedic effect. If someone said that about my race, it would either make me laugh or give me a confidence boost.

I find it far more problematic to be a person who puts others down for having harmless sexual preferences.
Glimpsed
therefore it would be racist to not furiously jack off to asian women every chance you get
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
People naturally have preferences.

nature =/= good

[...] you can't exactly get mad at a guy because he said, for example, he isn't attracted to Indian women. Even if he didn't openly say that, he would STILL not be attracted to Indian women.

this doesn't really change anything. i don't think you can ban an entire race from your dating/sex life without having prejudices. your dick will still work. to ban an entire race just seems bad to me.

The logic that concludes this guy hates Indian people would be the same logic that states a guy who wants a healthy gf hates obese people.

yep
but i don't think it's the same as weight can (usually) be controlled

And on the other side of the coin, if you happen to find one race really attractive, then why not express that openly? I'm not seeing any malice or hurtful comments towards Asian people in Melon's post, even if it is a bit exaggerated for comedic effect. If someone said that about my race, it would either make me laugh or give me a confidence boost.

no direct malicious comments, but i imagine that seeing some stranger post that and then realizing that you're his pipe dream (get it), reduced to an object of lust, is demoralizing. the key word is imagine, though. i'm not an asian woman.

I find it far more problematic to be a person who puts others down for having harmless sexual preferences.

what if they don't think it is harmless, instead fighting for what they think is right?
alright guy
this doesn't really change anything. i don't think you can ban an entire race from your dating/sex life without having prejudices. your dick will still work. to ban an entire race just seems bad to me.

Okay, maybe I should refine my point-

If you find a whole race of people unattractive because they are that race, and you find them repulsive, then that's obviously problematic. If you generally aren't attracted to that race because you find the commonly shared features throughout its people unattractive, then that's fine in my eyes. Would you rather people danced around that by being like uhhh yeah I'm not attracted to people with dark skin, etc etc. Like no bro just say you aren't really attracted to black people. Who cares who they wan fuc

For what it's worth I think there are mostly exceptions to these preferences. Just like a girl who 'only dates tall guys' might one day find an absolute 5'4 CHAD and become infatuated.

Also the weight analogy was poor and I will take that on the chin
Last edited by Glimpsed; Aug 21, 2020 at 07:44 PM.
Glimpsed
my thoughts on the topic (posted in another thread)

...people are taught that there is a specific ideal of beauty (which rn includes light colored skin), which informs their taste as they grow into adults. the problem isnt so much that people have preferences, but that peoples' preferences are curated by media conglomerates, advertising agencies, and so on. institutional racism is tied in with this because for quite some time black people were explicitly seen to be less desirable than white people in western culture, and the effects of this are still seen in media (less representation etc). and a material effect of this is that people of color tend to have a much harder time finding someone to accept them as they are. I'd wager that if cultural standards of beauty for women in the western world were overhauled, people would grow to not have these preferences so much in the first place.

of course, i don't like to jump into identity politics and argue any sort of reformist perspective of the media industry (i think it should be replaced entirely with something else), but this is generally what I believe to be the argument for the legitimacy of sexual racism's existence...

...i never said anything was a "hate crime" nor should it be. my point is that a lot of things we take for granted as "human nature" are just societal dogma. "human nature" has been used to describe all sorts of things we have since abolished or debunked. incidentally this includes things like slavery, segregation, phrenology, social darwinism, evolutionary psychology, and so on.

what i'm not arguing is that it's somehow problematic to not be attracted to all humans equally, nor even am i arguing that we should shame people for their preferences even if they are influenced by systematic racism. i'm just saying that we ought to examine and reconsider how we view beauty as a society in the first place....

Okay, maybe I should refine my point-

If you find a whole race of people unattractive because they are that race, and you find them repulsive, then that's obviously problematic. If you generally aren't attracted to that race because you find the commonly shared features throughout its people unattractive, then that's fine in my eyes. Would you rather people danced around that by being like uhhh yeah I'm not attracted to people with dark skin, etc etc. Like no bro just say you aren't really attracted to black people. Who cares who they wan fuc

For what it's worth I think there are mostly exceptions to these preferences. Just like a girl who 'only dates tall guys' might one day find an absolute 5'4 CHAD and become infatuated.

Also the weight analogy was poor and I will take that on the chin

what kind of features are we talking about? i can only think of about three off the top of my head; a lot of asian people have an epicanthic fold (looked up asian eyes and thats what came up), asian people are generally less tall than westerners, and black people tend to have fuller lips.

personally, i can't comprehend disliking any one of these features so much that i shrivel up. then again, i also can't comprehend fetishising feet, but people do that anyway.

my problem lies with making absolute statements like 'i'm not attracted to this race'. if you even know that there are exceptions, the statement just isn't true.

i can't imagine any scenario where you would have to 'dance around it'. if someone you're not attracted to comes on to you just tell them you don't have feelings for them. if someone asks you "would you date a black girl?" just answer "if i like them". saying no on the basis of race is just weird imo.
alright guy
Originally Posted by fudgiebalz View Post

Dumbest statement on this thread.

What the fuck do you think dating is? There has to be attraction there to make it work. It isn't "banning" anyone from anything by not being attracted to them, because if you aren't attracted to them the relationship will not work. Are other people entitled to a relationship with me whether I want it or not just because I'm, as you seem to believe, racist for not being attracted to them?

Come the fuck on. Use logic, please, because you clearly aren't arguing with it in mind.
I think I might be retired.
i dont get how ur statement invalidates his though
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
If someone is attracted to a certain race and has a preference for that race then so be it. If you think that they are being racist in some way or they’re banning other races completely then grow up and stop being such a snowflake.
I like ya cut g.