Ranking
Original Post
Community rant.
I have tried and tried to be part of a community that seems to not give two shits about anyone if they arent high ranking or well known. Every damned replay i put up or any advice i ask for gets ignored. this wont deter my playing..( for the record im a blue belt) i do replays, sometimes spars if i can find someone willing. im not asking for an instant answer but when theres up to 50-100 views at least one of you can say something.
this community is awesome i love the comraderie you guys share.... i only wish it werent so difficult to become part of it. sure join the forum become part of it but still be the snotty nosed fat kid in the corner lol . no bigs i needed to rant about this and yeah it might get deleted i dont care. just needed to get it out. see yas around but after being a player on toribash for this many years and this is still the way it is i doubt it.
Yeah, it is hard to get well known,

But the trick is

Don't play to get well known
Rather,
Get well known by playing.

When you make yourself more than just a player, when you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely, a legend, wolfbane73,a legend.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
You've been a member for 5 years and you've posted 24 times, including this post, and you're only blue belt. Somehow, that doesn't seem much like trying. If you want attention, you have to do something to deserve it. Posting less than 5 times a year and barely playing any multiplayer is not going to give any impressions for anybody.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
im sorry i wasnt tryin to get attention rather i was just stating a point i noticed ive stand corrected and will strive to make more of an impression thanks guys honest
-----
im going on now to start my legendary walk ....... luck and the "force" be with me lol
Last edited by wolfebane73; Dec 27, 2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Just as xlr said, just play and play, be a cool guy in the forum and in-game. People will start recognizing you and starting to be your friend. You also have to stick to groups, not everyone is a generally good friend. So, know who you're sticking with, (the best idea is to stick to the ones who are friends with you).
And yeah, that's basically it.

~Cheers
Modo Bestia
Just get a cool namechange.. You can't ignore a cool name. B^)
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
players respect skill
posting 50 shit replays that show no sign of improvement is not a sign of skill.
Doing the same thing over and over again will not get you cnc or advice because clearly we've noticed you aren't getting or trying to get better.
Making good content of any kind will get you known in the community because it shows 2 things
1. you give a shit
2. you probably enjoy what you're doing

the amount of games you've played will not gain you respect, actually getting to know people gets you known. I've met custom belt players who are completely unknown because they just farmed noobs and never talked.

Communication gets you noticed, not prestige generally. Of course if you're good at what you do it helps because people will actually want to spend time with you. Especially considering replay making, no one wants to really spend time with skrubs because it isn't that enjoyable. Throw yourself out there and be enjoyable to be around. Probably the best way to get known.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
It's a lot easier to be well known in one mod then the entire game.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
ok ok thanks guys im gonna keep playing and posting replays .....
-----
i always chat and have met some pretty interesting trolls some good some really nasty ....
Last edited by wolfebane73; Dec 27, 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump