Ranking
Original Post
Motivation for schoolwork
Greetings gentlemen. For the last few years of my life I've been having difficulty getting motivated to do school work. I'm smart enough to get straight A's, it's really not that hard, but the only problem is doing my work and organizing everything in an orderly fashion. I've had therapists, my dad yelling at me, school councilors, and nothing has worked. Now I'm taking a step I'm very hesitant to take, and asking you, the people of toribash, how you stay motivated for school and work and such. Tips, tricks, organization methods, things like that would be super helpful. I'll try out the good ones and see how those things go for me!

Here are my current grades if you wanted a laugh:

Yes we have to take theology, and I am a junior by the way. In high school.
bananananananananaananananananannanaa delicious
remembering that an hour of work a day isn't so bad when it affects your entire future.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Getting paid for good grades. No joke.

Sophomore in high school here.
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
Originally Posted by dude2346 View Post
If you try, you will succeed. If you succeed, then girls will be all over you.

Borderline retarded much?

Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Getting paid for good grades. No joke.

Sophomore in high school here.

Ahahahaha, if my parents would only...

Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
remembering that an hour of work a day isn't so bad when it affects your entire future.

Yeah I hear that, but it's getting over that first 10 minute hump I have trouble with.
You don't need motivation. Just do it because you have to. That was my motivation. Also, how do you have a B in digital electronics? All that project lead the way shit is designed to be easy, and from my own experiences with it, as long as your work is up to date, its an easy A+. Do it to feel a sense of accomplishment if you need motivation. Do it to be better then your peers. You should not be doing that bad, and you won't get into any decent college with those grades.

As for keeping organized, I find that writing shit down so you don't forget helps. I'm no expert on the subject of organization, however.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
You don't need motivation. Just do it because you have to. That was my motivation. Also, how do you have a B in digital electronics? All that project lead the way shit is designed to be easy, and from my own experiences with it, as long as your work is up to date, its an easy A+. Do it to feel a sense of accomplishment if you need motivation. Do it to be better then your peers. You should not be doing that bad, and you won't get into any decent college with those grades.

As for keeping organized, I find that writing shit down so you don't forget helps. I'm no expert on the subject of organization, however.

Organization is overrated

I'm so unorganized and my GPA is 3.6 over the course of my freshman/soph years + this year (and I'm talking all the AP/honor classes I can/could)
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ

Yeah the grading scale for PLTW is kind of fucked up. And usually I bump most of them up to Cs by the end of the year. But I'm trying to fix that so I can stay in the constant As. You see, I don't think of it like I HAVE to do it. I think of it as I'll do it if I feel super motivated. I have these weird spurts of motivations like I did earlier tonight. I accomplished my laundry and cleaning my room. Sat down. Youtube. It's pissing me off.

When everything is disorganized, I crave order. When everything is in order and perfect, I get lazy and blow it off.
I was terribly unorganized all through highschool, except my senior year, where I had like 3 classes. I ended up with a 3.8 gpa(like a 94% average). Organization becomes near mandatory later on though. Much harder to keep up when you have to write a 25 page paper on artificial cranial deformation, a couple essays, and in my case, ridiculously annoying, memory destroying, compound memorization. Organization helps out a lot.

If you want to stay motivated, set it a goal for yourself to get #1 class rank, or as close to it as possible.
Last edited by Hyde; Nov 16, 2011 at 04:43 AM.
Hoss.
You don't need motivation. Just do it because you have to.

Oh ffs Hyde I was gna say that, now I have to think of something witty to say =/
Because no college accepts, and no one hires someone who couldnt even pass highschool.

I didnt study, do projects or do homework, untill my final year, as such, my average was somewhere around 60%(markes ranging from 40-80%) and I had to waste a year of my life at a dead beat college doing a useless course that I didnt need and only took so that the university i applied to would accept me.
make a habit of doing shit when you get it, otherwise, studies in college, where you get real tests and exams which take days and weeks of your life away, get difficult as shit because you become a lazy little shit from bad highschool habits
Last edited by BenDover; Nov 16, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-