Ranking
Original Post
Notification system?
Hey guys, I was just wondering wouldn't it be more convenient if we had an automatic reply notification system? It'd be easier than having to check each thread you'd posted in recently to see if anyone's replied to you.
Eg. If we make a post, and someone else quotes our post, we would get notified. I know that it's a fairly simple concept when it's in words, and I know for the coders (or whoever) who would implement this it's a completely different piece of work, but I was just putting it out there for everyone to ponder.

Btw, I know there's a subscription system.

Thanks.
Hmm that might be an alright system. But if this is added it would have to be able to be changed from on to off. As it would be annoying to continuously recieve notifications. If you get my drift.
Last edited by Oimanoi; Apr 20, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Life is like Basketball. Aim, Concentrate, Balance and Following through. That's all you ever need to accomplish your goals.
Yeah, lets make toribash like facebook

althought, i shouldnt be too difficult, we already have friends. mix friends, tags and subscriptions and you have notifications
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Oimanoi View Post
Hmm that might be an alright system. But if this is added it would have to be able to be changed from on to off. As it would be annoying to continuously recieve notifications. If you get my drift.

Yes, but I said if someone quotes your post. This doesn't happen as often as a general reply to a thread happens. But on/off wouldn't be so bad.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Yeah, lets make toribash like facebook

althought, i shouldnt be too difficult, we already have friends. mix friends, tags and subscriptions and you have notifications

Haha, Facebook. It'd just be an addition the the little notification "capsule" in the top-right. It could say something like; "Post Replies" or "Quoted Replies".
Perhaps we could only get notifications for threads we are subscribed to, so we dont get mass waves of notifications so much? That would make it not as bad as if it were just every thread we post in.
This would be a cool feature to implement, supported.

^ Completely agreed with. This should probably be sent down to suggestions.
Life is like Basketball. Aim, Concentrate, Balance and Following through. That's all you ever need to accomplish your goals.
Originally Posted by Echoforce View Post
Perhaps we could only get notifications for threads we are subscribed to, so we dont get mass waves of notifications so much? That would make it not as bad as if it were just every thread we post in.
This would be a cool feature to implement, supported.

And that's exactly what Tori spy does.

http://forum.toribash.com/tori_spy.php
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Ah, that's pretty handy. Thanks mate. But I still believe we should have a feature like this, but notified in the normal notification area.
Last edited by Oimanoi; Apr 21, 2011 at 06:37 AM.
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

I thought they'd taken that out :3
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES