ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Vertex View Post
Don't fucking complain about lifts if you're lifting other players yourself. That's just being a hypocrite.

Ain't nobody complaining. I'm saying that's how shit is now an why people don't play. Maybe you need to learn how to read before trying to rebuttle.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
duelers arent that big of a deal keep playing how you want to play and learn how to counter their moves your own way you don’t HAVE to do the same shit.

in abd its a different story though it’s just a shit mod in general with no creative freedom at all.

duelers aren’t the problem here. the real problem is the competitive mods and how they desperately need changes. add more frames to lenshu3ng or utilize the winpoint system. kane has done multiple tournaments with winpoint lenshu and it works very well as a competitive mod.

as for abd, increase the distance between players so that it becomes an actual grappling mod instead of a lift-fest. maybe even increase the dojo size so that lifting isn’t so strong. so many people complain about the playstyles that people have but don’t propose any changes to the mods themselves. sir should create a more balanced multiplayer experience that isnt dominated by one playstyle. don’t point fingers at duelers that just found the optimal way to play.

the addition of breakable grabs is a step in the right direction and in my opinion should be used in future competitive tournaments.
Last edited by skizz; Mar 12, 2021 at 08:24 AM.
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
duelers arent that big of a deal keep playing how you want to play and learn how to counter their moves your own way you don’t HAVE to do the same shit.

in abd its a different story though it’s just a shit mod in general with no creative freedom at all.

duelers aren’t the problem here. the real problem is the competitive mods and how they desperately need changes. add more frames to lenshu3ng or utilize the winpoint system. kane has done multiple tournaments with winpoint lenshu and it works very well as a competitive mod.

as for abd, increase the distance between players so that it becomes an actual grappling mod instead of a lift-fest. maybe even increase the dojo size so that lifting isn’t so strong. so many people complain about the playstyles that people have but don’t propose any changes to the mods themselves. sir should create a more balanced multiplayer experience that isnt dominated by one playstyle. don’t point fingers at duelers that just found the optimal way to play.

the addition of breakable grabs is a step in the right direction and in my opinion should be used in future competitive tournaments.

In all fairness I think that toribash was never meant to be a competetive game and the meta slowly shifting to only competetive mods is imo the reason why nobody plays the game anymore. On one hand you have a portion of community who refuse to play anything except ABD or boxshu and then you have a portion of the community who are only interested in duels, mostly in ABD or boxshu.

So unless the meta shifts back to people being less competetive oriented and start playing other mods I don't see this game gaining more players.

Just to clarify, I don't think the competetive side of toribash is that bad, I just think the online experience these days is stale and duelers looking into making a quick buck off duelling in competetive mods aren't helping it either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
true, but what can you do with how the market is structured and the value of TC?

if there were multiplayer mods you could recommend to a new player what would you pick?

to get a player hooked on a game like this is hard enough. i’ve shown most of my friends this game and it was dumb fun playing random mods for 20 minutes before losing interest.

what this game has become nowadays is purely because of the way it is. you can’t do most of the super cool stuff without sinking hours into this game learning the movement.

not to mention there hasn’t been any marketing for this game in years.

what im proposing are changes that could keep the playerbase we have still playing and not what we can do to get new players.
-----
Originally Posted by Hug View Post
Uh, I don't know, man. Probably, because Toribash is not hot enough for the new generation with a massive amount of AAA games in the market and the old generation just became... adults?

We’ve seen toribash blow up on tiktok which shows that people are still interested in this type of game. Just needs to be advertised more.

When we get those new players, introduce them to the many cool things they can do so that they have a goal to achieve. Osu is just a game about clicking circles with the beat of a song and I believe toribash and osu have very similar skill curves.
Last edited by skizz; Mar 12, 2021 at 05:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
if there were multiplayer mods you could recommend to a new player what would you pick?

There's plenty of mods that are easy to pick up and have a good ol' lighthearted fun at, it just requires some diggin through the forums, older toribash versions and the dedicated mod page.

I like that the new UI introduced categories for mods but whoever was picking the mods to ship with a brand new toribash insallation did a terrible job. Either add more mods and categorize them or properly introduce tags for mods.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Learning Curb can be tense for some for sure! Among interesting people in TB can make your time good or bad.
Rythm smells like Cheese
#ENVYONTOP
Originally Posted by Reasge View Post
I remembered back in 2015 or 2016 I think, this game was like very amazingly crowded. I even play this game religiously. So what happened to the game now? Did it die or something?

yeah, the staff team wasn't the greatest then. The team is really designed for this small tight nit community style. A lot of adaptation and trust issues were formed.

Designed for small communities given how involved they were..

Biggest reason for this is that is around the time the game was released on steam.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Something View Post
im offended

I'm sorry lmao.

-

Alright, back to the topic. Honestly, I may have gotten the point of why Toribash is dying but the fact that the game itself is very unique causes me to play it more. Back in the days, I play Toribash because of the fun and the beautiful customization for Tori's. To expand that, I just basically try to grind ToriCredits just to get some good items and customize my Tori even better. That happened because of the population were huge and it was constantly active. People were queueing for tournaments, getting the first spot of every bet servers, dueling TC/items against each other, fun events and a lot of more. The most fun part is probably sparring with other players, trying to get the best replay for each other.

It's just sad that all of the things I've said above are just, gone now. I sometimes tried to refresh the multiplayer list just so I can join a crowded server, just to get the old fun again and yet, I couldn't find one. I really think that every staff members should try to listen to the community so that it'll be fair and fun just like before.
-----

This is the kind of stuff that I wanna experience and witness again in this game. An active bet server, people are actually betting for one player, people sponsoring each other to win the match. This is very nostalgic for me, and I'm very happy to actually witness this live with my own eyes. I'd like to see this again in the future. Much love.
Last edited by Reasge; Mar 19, 2021 at 07:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I love being a sunset lover.
Reasge#7856
toribash aged well, but not that well.

When ofl (or something broken) gets started again, maybe you'll see a small influx again. We had it going a little upity for a bit, but I wouldn't expect any big changes
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.