ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Joint fluidity movement tips?
I just watched some of largekilla and swexxelite's replays, and now I feel like the worst toribash player to roam this sexy forum.

I have a horrible problem:
I don't really know what joints do when a certain combination is obtained.

Like, for instance: When I do spars, I don't know how to do some cool jump.

Or for parkouring, I can't do a jump at all.

I can't even make my own run because I don't truly know how to use joints in a correct formation that allows for such movement to be obtained to gain speed in a forwards fashion.

Any tips for balancing/jumping/running/acrobatics/fluidity of joint movement?

I will love you forever if you help me with this!
Well im no expert, but ill help out as much as possible:

Fluidity:Obviously stay as relaxed as possible. When turning, try swinging your arms up or down to add to momentum. Understand how the physics of the human boy work if you think it will help.

Running: Haha! Im hilariously bad at it but anyway first stay low and keep your CG in front of you. Imagine the motions of a skater, but not at such wie angles. Relaxing the knees helps to not add additional force in another direction. When you get nto a rhythm, stick with it.

Balancing: Realize that by doing a move, your center of gravity will be swinging around a lot and you can use uch knowledge to anticipate how you will lean and sway. In conjunction with fluidity, swing different pats of your body to counter the changes of your CG.

Lol the rest I cant help with cuase im still a noob. But anyway hoped some of this helped.
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
Toribash is a game of practice, the more you practice the better you'll get. My suggestion is to go into single player and find a mod you want to get better in (in this case i suggest xspar.tbm). Then just practice and practice until you understand how your contracting your pec effects your body rather than extend/hold/relaxing it. Once you understand how your joints work together then it will be easier to learn how to set up a launch/jump and land one too. Hope I helped.
To stay fluidity, don't lock your whole body, and stay relaxed. To jump better, you'll need to use your ankle joins more and extend them to give you more air. To stay balanced, don't let one joint (say the arm) over power the other, like, don't let one limb be higher than the other. I don't parkour or spars much. So I do mainly combat mainly to win. But it's always fun to look all smoothly when breaking your opponents throat open.

Hope this helped. ~Neighborhood Siren

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Something that helps with my fluidity is to hold all when it is not noticable, then relax all, your body parts will move slowly and naturally. Works best during the launch of a jump
(Origin)
My advice for jumping, is to get a good launch, and as you jump raise your arms creating momentum.
Make sure you balance your tori so its up right and not flipping.(Unless you're flipping)
Also for fluidity, when you are doing a trick or some kind of attack (say a punch) while you are about to punch,
and you have all the momentum, Relax all and see what happens.
Only edit the joints that will stop the momentum from spinning you too much and keep you balanced.

I made a replay that will hopefully help you. Look at how I use my arms to create momentum,
and most of the time I am mostly relaxed. (added the mod too if you don't have it)
Attached Files
practiice.rpl (158.6 KB, 7 views)
parkour_stunts_jump.tbm (2.9 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by Android13; Feb 20, 2015 at 08:40 PM.
Hey :D
Practice is the key. Spend some time in SP getting to know your joints. Provide some momentum, then relax and hold most of your body. Start out by making a run. After you do your first step, relaxing and holding will get you through most of the run. You will obviously need to extend and contract, but relaxing is very, very helpful. Hope this helped.
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 21, 2015 at 09:28 PM.
I'm just gamin' man
Kind of what Jaxonia said. Spend a lot of time getting to know how each joint works. As for fluidity, design a move that you know will give you enough momentum for the next jump, for example; A spin kick will, if landed in a stable position, give you enough momentum to go into the next jump. Also, use your WHOLE body, not just your legs. If you've seen largekillas video you can see that when he tricks, his whole body goes up, he raises his arms, extends his abs, and twists into the jump. Anyway I hope this was helpful