Toribash
Original Post
Experience Recruitment Thread!

EXPERIENCE RECRUITMENT THREAD

Hey there! So you're thinking about joining experience? Well what are you waiting for? DO IT!

This is a free form application but try and include:
Username(s):
Previous Clan(s):
Reason For Absence From Previous Clan(s):
Why Do You Want To Join XP?:

Here are some examples so you get an idea of what we are looking for!

Bad Application

This application is downright terrible as there is no formatting to it and it is clearly either rushed together or has no care to it. To this the applicant being in or not being in the clan means nothing to them and they would not be worth the effort to let into the clan.

Mediocre Application

This app is a promising one as it shows an amount of effort was put into the application. It is certainly nothing amazing but it gets the point across and shows that the potential members may have something to offer the clan to the effect that they are willing to put the effort in to become valuable if not immediately useful. It also has formatting, maybe not the best formatting, but formatting is very effective when trying to look presentable or look good. Formatting is the difference from a good application to a great one.

Well Done Application

This is one of our current member's application and it shows a great deal of thought put into it. It is not works jumbled together to get done with everything that needs to be said. It is a bit verbose at times but that is not the end of the world it shows genuine care for wanting to join the clan. Not everyone will have that luxury but it is good to find things that will show you have value to the clan and not just another person with a clan tag. It also has formatting and pretty decent formatting at that. It also has a too long didn't read option for the clans if you do not want to take the effort to read all that. The applicant has the foresight of knowing it may be a little wordy.

Thank you for applying!

Last edited by Chax; Jan 29, 2020 at 09:28 PM.
(Envy) Mascot | Full time kick your ass in ABD'r

hey i'm feenicks12/eccomjams. i'm 17 and i mostly play and aikido variant and mushu/boxshu. i was in a few previous clans, all of which are dead now lol, which is also why i left them all. i can't remember them all but one of them was aape, which is one i tried to start unsuccessfully. i want to join partially because it would be nice to be a part of a clan that's actually active, and has members that are on and are vocal. i also just wanna be able to rep a tag again, and have the tag be from a clan that's actually cool.
Username: Soggu (old one ImDestroyy)
Main Mods: abd, judo, wushu
Previous Clan(s): insane
Reason For Absence From Previous Clan(s): it died no one plays anymore
Why Do You Want To Join XP?: I want to get back into this game ive been playing since around 2010 (before this game came to steam) and obviously meet new people in the toribash community
Both had really good apps, both are accepted! Invitations will be sent out once you join the discord. Welcome to XP

Hi, Im GRANDPY. I am 14, and have been playing Toribash for some years now, but took a large break in between.- I've been playing aikido/abd for a while now, and am now more into boxshu, as well as mushu. Otherwise I enjoy sparring.
I have been in previous clans such as Venom, and Taira. Venom is pretty much gone now (You can't really find it anywhere), and Taira is trying to revive itself. I left Venom due to its inactivity, and I left Taira considering the fact that they specialize in only one thing:sparring
I would love to join Experience, considering the size of the community. There are all sorts of Toribash players in this clan, and that will help me improve my skill in Toribash overall.
Last edited by GRANDPY; Jan 14, 2020 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Age
chalk
Okay it looks like you put a little more effort in grandpy. I don't think those prior applications were very good. I however still think your application is rather lackluster. It doesn't sell you for the clan.

I believe chax wanted to give those two guys a chance

Anyways if you want some tips on making a good application. You should make something in it that sells you as a player, makes you something the clan could use. Don't just blindly answer questions.
UwUz.My name is Sereinity, i am a second dan belt. I will soon be 13 in February, I've been playing Toribash for over 5 years now, which is pretty amazing becuase i played this game at the age of 6, playing for so long just makes the game interesting, and I myself know that need to improve on a lot of things. I play boxshu, lenshu , akidobigdojo and sparring.{also my main games are quick akido btw} I have been in Faded, Kronic and Bliz before, but i left becuase i couldnt face the fact that they were all inactive, or most people where. I would like to join xp becuase i want to be part of a cool community and still beat chax in abd again. I think i'll be a use to the clan becuase most players know by the fact that i cant be predicted on where i go, and i just want to show how actually good i am.Lastly, i want to learn from the players here.{ly people <3}
Originally Posted by Sereinity View Post
UwUz.My name is Sereinity, i am a second dan belt. I will soon be 13 in February, I've been playing Toribash for over 5 years now, which is pretty amazing becuase i played this game at the age of 6, playing for so long just makes the game interesting, and I myself know that need to improve on a lot of things. I play boxshu, lenshu , akidobigdojo and sparring.{also my main games are quick akido btw} I have been in Faded, Kronic and Bliz before, but i left becuase i couldnt face the fact that they were all inactive, or most people where. I would like to join xp becuase i want to be part of a cool community and still beat chax in abd again. I think i'll be a use to the clan becuase most players know by the fact that i cant be predicted on where i go, and i just want to show how actually good i am.Lastly, i want to learn from the players here.{ly people <3}

Denied, Feel free to try again in about 2 weeks
Last edited by Chax; Jan 29, 2020 at 09:30 PM.

Hi, I'm a returning veteran - 24 y/o started this as my second account in 2008.
I have definitely played with and against some of the best Toribash players in history to date.
I'm seeking a reputable clan to engage with.

username: DzxK9
mod: Wushu / Aikido
previous clan: [DAT]
reason for absence: Took a long break from the game returning to an inactive clan.

Thanks for considering !
Username(s): Lostmail (had other accounts but lost the emails)
Main Mods: Aikido / MMA
Previous Clan(s): Saint, I bounced around a lot but never found anything active
Reason For Absence From Previous Clan(s): They were all mostly dead, one message a month
Why Do You Want To Join XP?: Looking for a clan that would be active and engaging. I have always wanted to be part of a community built on toribash. I have tried countless times to find a clan that is active and would be welcoming of a relatively low belt player but was always met by an inactive clan or denied entry. I hope that XP would be a welcoming place for me to grow and progress my skills.

My history with toribash:

I am a 15 year old Australian that goes by Lostmail in game and Snazzy#1221 on discord. I have played the game for a while now. I started when I was 7 (2012) and got my account to 3rd dan black belt before discovering what TF2 was. I played other games for a couple of years. 2012 - 2017: I would occasionally come back and play for a while, highest account at the time would have been black belt. I invested the time into CSGO and Brawlhalla. 2018: I came back to the game with a passion to get to a top tier level. I played every other day and started seeing rather large improvements. 2019: I had recently discovered what team aikido was and was fascinated by doing these real moves in game and I started to care less about rank and more about landing the perfect hip throw. 2020: I am now trying my best to perform in MMA tournaments within the group and continue learning real moves in aikido. I would love to join a clan to get more opportunities to play and practice.