ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash multilingual.
A way to translate other peoples language, also be able to type in other languages. Like you type something and it makes it into another language.

Example:

Person number1:
Different language from English.= Hello how are you.

Person number2:
Oh I am great! = Different language from English.

This would be in the scripts folder, or option ether one.

It would be an option with a drop down menu with all of the main languages. Russian, Spanish, Mexican, so on and so on.

It also would be a good option for a quick select ingame.

Example:

Your chat bar>
/opt translate Russian - English

That would be>
Different language from English.= Hello how are you.

and

Your chat bar>
/opt translate English - Russian

That would be>
Oh I am great! = Different language from English.

I think this would help out our language barriers and get to know people from other countries that are not multi linguistic.

Wishful thinking. Simply too unrealistic of an option.

Not supported
[i]nquisition
nothing much

Pretty sure this community is big enough to just open a thread and have the players help translate most words into each language, would require a lot of work but would be worth the effort in the long run; would give this game a little more unique qualities, it would pull in a lot more players too.

Once most is translated it would take little effort for someone to make a script implementing this into the game.

A positive aspect of this is that it will also help your moderators, especially gamemasters(With events, in-game tourneys; etc)
Supported.
Last edited by etanimullI; Sep 24, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
I started to look into to this. Loaded up Blam's (I think) chat archiver script to get the chat in plain text.... Apparently Cyrillic is plain enough and chat archiver recorded nothing of the Russian chat that I wanted to translate.
Originally Posted by etanimullI View Post
Pretty sure this community is big enough to just open a thread and have the players help translate most words into each language, would require a lot of work but would be worth the effort in the long run; would give this game a little more unique qualities, it would pull in a lot more players too.

Once most is translated it would take little effort for someone to make a script implementing this into the game.

A positive aspect of this is that it will also help your moderators, especially gamemasters(With events, in-game tourneys; etc)
Supported.

what? Are you suggesting we write new dictionaries for all languages?
How are you?
You're all wrong?
I guess that you're all wrong. Microsoft translator has an API so it'd be pretty easy to implement it into toribash And you shouldn't care about grammar for now
Also need to create a database to store translations so we don't have to send same request again and again. This would speed things up for translating words or sentences like hi, hello etc. The only problem is that people may abuse it. How to solve this problem:
1. Add an option to toggle translations. Use of hotkey seems practical enough.
2. If translating is on, set message per minute limit maybe or simply ignore them if threshold is hit?

@etanimullI lol, impractical

~I SUPPORT THIS!
Last edited by dainiusb; Sep 24, 2013 at 05:45 PM.