Toribash
Original Post
Toribash ingame Chat layout redesign [Rev3]
Hi guys!
sorry for the delay... I've finally done my first try at redesigning the ingame layout of Toribash.
Here it is!

Rev1

Opinions/Ideas/Tips are very welcome!

P.S.: As Rev1 this is going to change in the next few days. Rev2 is actually already under work ;)
P.P.S.: If you haven't already, don't forget to check my "Multiplayer layout redesign"

-------------- Newer versions ------------------
Here you can find the whole presention (multiplayer + chat)
Toribash redesign - Behance
be sure to check the gif!

Rev3: Gamespace higly optmized (!!), horizontal timer, positions fixed, Queue hidden by default, new chatbar

Behavior of the chatbar
when a new message arrives, the corrisponding tab became red. If you click on the chatbar it will expand (going upwards) and show the 10 last messages.
Just click outside to make it smaller again. When it's minimized the chatbar only show the last message received.

(click to view at full-size)

Welcome/login page redesign is coming soon!
Stay tuned

Rev2 - colors fixed, added scroll bar, brand new HISTORY feature, useful suggestions when "/" is typed

Last edited by LordLucas; Jun 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Rev3
I would be nice if we could like physically move the chat box and make it smaller or bigger. It could use the same effects we use to make browsers smaller (I.E. Grabbing a corner or side and slide it around.) and vice versa. Also, having a way to customize the color choice for the background of the chat box and the color of the text would be nice.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
transparency would be great, too, so it wouldn't obstruct the screen that much (if you resize it to be large, for example).
How bout decreasing transparency on chat boxes? you know the box fades away when no one is chatting.
Give me toriprime and VIP ops. TY TY
Obviously, it should be an optional feature. I mean, it might piss some people off.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
I would like to support this because the UI seems better and it looks really user-friendly.
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Looks nice, maybe moveable chat because I dont like it being in the middle, (moveable like the gamerules tab, not sure if thats a good explaineation)
That means The Joint State area (where the state of the selected joint is displayed) will have to be moved up - Decreasing game space
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Holy shit, wowed. Thing is, it fits perfectly with tb's 4.5 server list layout as well

Supported obviously :P
Its a really nice design, and I like how you can actually minimize the chat box now. Supporting!
Last edited by Zwift; Jul 2, 2015 at 01:05 AM.
(╭ರᴥ•́)