Ranking
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
bro like tbh this whole idea is a waste of time. I'm sure that you guys have better things to do than check if a clan is 'active enough' to be official. I mean if you really want to waste your time ruining the game more than it already is, then go ahead. I just find this entire thing extremely dumb tbh
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
lets make call of duty in toribash and just let people give themselves a tag and if u and a bunch of buddies are close u can tjust make a discord and htne ur a clan

or just accept the game is dead and let it die peacefully
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Originally Posted by Butler View Post
bro like tbh this whole idea is a waste of time. I'm sure that you guys have better things to do than check if a clan is 'active enough' to be official. I mean if you really want to waste your time ruining the game more than it already is, then go ahead. I just find this entire thing extremely dumb tbh

Wasn't this system created so staff won't "waste" their time on checking if a clan is 'active enough' to be official manually? Since it's auotomated and give an ease to cs side. So they can focus on other matter.

I just hope that matters are worth or i will riot. Make more incentive to clan please, idc if it's clan based event (pretty sure i have suggested it to CS and ES an event that might be nice to look at) or anything that gives "clan" special. Honestly speaking current state of clan is just a mere hangout place which it literally can take place in a y place.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
I think the deeper point Butler was getting at was directed towards the need for activity checking in the first place. It's a fair point, I think.

Do activity checks result in increased activity or do they actually harm it instead? A lot of clans have been killed in the past 2 years. Have their remaining active members remained active after their clans were killed? Or have they just quit?

We might have a higher standard of activity for official clans, but that's only because there's less of them since the ones below the standard have been killed.

Activity checking, seemingly an obvious thing for clan staff to do, might be doing the clan community more harm than good. Maybe it made more sense when Toribash had a much, much larger active playerbase, but at this point I don't think it's doing our small community any favours.
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post

activity checks =/= activity
----
also someone restore my access to Discussion and OT ffs
Last edited by Ele; Oct 4, 2018 at 05:08 PM.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
like, officially or just weren't bothered as srs bsns cause no one ever actually fuckin checked or used it cause it was always last on the list and if clans passed anything at all it would be that one

yeah we stopped doing them when i was first in clan squad or even before that
Duck does your forum set have to be that obnoxious? What happened to modesty

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Congratulations. You finally did it. I hope you are proud of yourselves.

I'm done here. Enjoy your 30 active players and your 4 green clans. I'll see you all somewhere else. After nearly a decade of activity/lurking (without being logged in because apparently we have to change passwords every 5 seconds), I am done. You literally took away the last thing I cared about in this community anymore (inq) and turned it into a shadow of its former self by removing its officialness. It was fun while it lasted.

I will offer you some guidance before I go. Please, please, please reconsider your position on what is required to be official and acknowledge that this game is nearly dead and that it will remain as such until Toribash Next comes out. Stop pushing away users and removing the things they worked hard for (yes I liked my brackets) until a new influx of players comes around.

Liquidoom out.
Last edited by Liquidoom; Oct 6, 2018 at 11:26 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
I will offer you some guidance before I go. Please, please, please reconsider your position on what is required to be official and acknowledge that this game is nearly dead and that it will remain as such until Toribash Next comes out. Stop pushing away users and removing the things they worked hard for (yes I liked my brackets) until a new influx of players comes around.

Liquidoom out.

QFT

The automated system is a bad way to move forward. Best way to move forward would be to remove it and not run another activity check for a good long while (and with a non-automated system, or at least one that takes into account the issues we've all raised here wrt. fairness and inactive ranks).

You're pushing people away. Away from this small, stagnant community. Rethink this.
if playing 5 games basically gives me the right to shitpost for an entire month then what's the big deal. imagine a clan like TLL, 30 members, decent-ish activity on the forums. with the current system, if like 3 ppl played two to three solo wars each, then left the game for a month again, you'd get enough points. that's actually a really fuckin low standard

XP   + in-game activity  + wars + forum    = points
(~1) + (3 / (30/2) * 45) + 15   + (~25-30) = ~50-55 pts
idk what XP is based on, could be a few points higher. i also don't know what our clan scored for forum activity, as i was unable to find the statistics on my clan page

seeing my old clan die and my current clan getting a strike was painful, plowing through this thread wasn't much better. come on

fucking hell duck get more ingame active and do some wars for us, you dumb choice-specs calm-mind running hypocrite