Ranking
Original Post
Halving everyone's TC amount
The ultimate TC sink. It'd take 50% of all TC, making it more valuable. It'd hurt the rich more than the poor. It'd also help booster sales.

What do you think?
Originally Posted by IIInsanEEE View Post
Do you happen to have a reliable source for that?

It has nothing to do with admins. I'm talking about player to player TC sales

http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

^ here's the only source. Very most TC sales come from people who also sell TC on market

see their balance decrease, that's the TC sold

People sell TC in market, because they have to. Otherwise they don't get enough exposure to sell their "millions".

presuming you're taking that from your 'toribash expertise' that could be countered as well.

No, it's from items forum If you want more precise data, spot the sell threads and then go over those persons transactions. Large amount of TC sent away to other person w/o items got for it indicates a TC-sell.

Then bulk it up a bit, if you believe people who don't post TC sell threads on market sell TC as well, which is a minority of people (if any, last month).
Again, reliable source please? Toribash's current engine/administration/merchandising/etc does not provide enough room for a 'Eve Online' activity, but 400 people is far from reality as well, measuring the Toribash playerbase by simultaneous logins/games is not the right approach, measuring by day/week/month (yes, both) is a good approach to build a good income report (not talking about TC, yet)

Top right corner. Also, somebody made a graph of toribash ingame activity. Now it's more like 280? I won't search that thread for you, tho, too much work.

Well,

I don't get your critique. Why do you think an estimated based on actual items forum and actual player count number by someone who actually sells TC (at cheap rate, btw, so much buy offers go to me) is worse than NOT estimating numbers to work with?

You talk about income report. See, if you didn't realize. There's no income report to be built, Toribash money circulation is too little for me to care about it. Like I say, it's less than some Joe makes. Not only if Joe's a Google employee, but even if he's your regular junior programmer.
Also. Your so-called sensitive data of TC sold are semi-publicly available.

For a mere $5, I'd scrape and process them for real statistics up to a whole year back*.

In one of two programming languages.

I mean yeah ofc I could program something else to make more $ an hour, but I'm bored enough to do it.

However, I don't think you're buying. Because like the rest of us here, you probably don't care about the real statistics enough.

*$10 for all-time with spotting corrupted periods

Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Apr 10, 2015 at 05:29 PM.
You were talking about TC being bought and sold Ingame via 'Hey, buy my TC threads' while I was talking about Hampus selling TC for players in higher rates. As previously presumed your method of research fails when it comes to a realiable structure of reporting, checking people's transaction history is not enough when you don't actually know everyone who buy/sell TC unless they post a thread about it, people make deals in IRC, Steam, Facebook or whatever, that's why I wouldn't be bothered to make (or even think of) a report based on users selling TC. On the other hand my point is flawed as well because Hampus can't be bothered to check such reports in order to increase or decrease the actual TC value, the only major impact in it would be Items being bought/sold on a different rate and that could be good as well as could be terrible to the economy (see newcomers trying to sell their orc force).

'Top right corner'. As I said, 'people online right now' is not a good way to find out a good number for income measurement, but this seems too difficult for you as well.

"I don't get your critique. Why do you think an estimated based on actual items forum and actual player count number by someone who actually sells TC (at cheap rate, btw, so much buy offers go to me) is worse than NOT estimating numbers to work with?"

Simply because once your rates and researched data is flawed your results will be too, if you don't know how much TC comes in from Steam purchases and goes out in TC selling threads you can be lead to a biased decision about rate/income/amount.

"You talk about income report. See, if you didn't realize. There's no income report to be built, Toribash money circulation is too little for me to care about it. Like I say, it's less than some Joe makes. Not only if Joe's a Google employee, but even if he's your regular junior programmer."

Yes there is, but there are also people who just sits and waits for pennies to come and then brag about it, I don't care how much a junior programmer gets (maybe because in three or four days I'll become a Solutions Engineer), that has nothing to do with Toribash economy at all, thing is I don't thing you're figuring it out anyways because you think that your market skills are perfect based on, I don't know, nothing. So let's settle this:

I give you mere $5 for you to build a full 2013-to-now report, this needs to have

Username
TC amount
TC bought from the Game
TC bought from other Players
TC sold to other Players
TC Spent ingame
One week should be enough for reliable data and about the right coding time

Simple, isn't it? Not it is not, you can't reach such data by only looking at the forums and ingame statistics, maybe if I raise it to $8? Maybe?

That being said I would like to end my interactions in this thread, it looks as dumb as it could ever be. If you or any other member would like to discuss this subject with me feel free to PM (and probably be ignored).
Last edited by IIInsanEEE; Apr 10, 2015 at 06:06 PM.
This is the best thread I have ever seen, plox bribe who ever you have to this would be hilarious it wont happen but really would be funny. I know you dont own your toribash stuff and we can do what we want with it but sinking half of everyones TC would just not be cool.

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang
I give you mere $5 for you to build a full 2013-to-now report, this needs to have

I can only do
Username
TC bought from the Game
TC Spent ingame

for since 2014, $5 is enough
for 2013-since, I need the $8

however, I honestly think there's not a marginal amount of TC sold outside of TB forums where one of participants of the trade isn't a TC seller with a thread

Any source why do you think these deals are marginal?
Ingame trade deals or PM trade deals are real, but very most of the time they involve same guy who has or had a thread open.
Think about it, if you had half of your tc and the prices dropped by half, the value of tc would stay around the same. Think of it like if you had 50k and tried to buy a 100k flame, then suddenly you had 25k and the flame was changed to 50k with it double the effort to earn tc, you'd be exactly the same amount of tc away to the 50k as you were 100k.

The only effect it would have would be less people spending money on Toribash because the value of real world currency would be halved, lessening the demand to spend money on tc.

TL; DR: Did you even take one of the mandatory economics classes in high school? Not supported.
Last edited by AntiPeople; Apr 10, 2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Gay emoticons
Originally Posted by AntiPeople View Post
Think about it, if you had half of your tc and the prices dropped by half, the value of tc would stay around the same. Think of it like if you had 50k and tried to buy a 100k flame, then suddenly you had 25k and the flame was changed to 50k with it double the effort to earn tc, you'd be exactly the same amount of tc away to the 50k as you were 100k.

you said the value of tc would stay the same
so then 25k = 50k? nope, I don't think you understand 100%.

in answer to the overall suggestion, alot of people would be unhappy, it wouldn't be fair, since people could be hoarding items, meaning their load doesn't depreciate in value as literally as the tc does.
tc sinks are optional and for the moment its fine as it is.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
firstly, this suggestion is flat out dumb and will never happen

secondly, this thread has derailed into "hurr durr how to profit margin". if you want to discuss that, make your own thread for it