Toribash
Originally Posted by Mallymkun View Post
In my view, abortion should be illegal in all circumstances. If conception is the all-consuming veto over human life's inception and beginning, then any line draw after conception is wholly arbitrary. Thus, I fundamentally believe that innocent human life should be protected at all developmental stages under the pretense that the deliberate taking of innocent human life is wrong & immoral.

Rape victims can go fuck themselves, eh?
Mothers who would die from giving birth can fuck themselves, eh?
People who do everything in their power to not get pregnant while having sex can fuck themselves, eh?
Unwanted kids who get dealt one of the shittiest hands in life can fuck themselves, eh?

Making abortion illegal is just not the right answer in my view. People will search for other means, whether that means coathanger abortions or purposefully starving themselves to induce a miscarriage. Forcing a kid into a world where he isn't wanted is more immoral than ending the possibility of life of an unthinking, unwanting entity, in my opinion.

Other users in this thread clearly believe that the deliberate taking of innocent human life is sometimes permissable.

You are literally in favour of the death penalty
alright guy
I think it should be legal. Most cases of wanted abortions are usually due to the fact that the impregnated women is either mentally (usually rape victims) or financially incapable of giving birth to a child and raising it. Therefore allowing them to rid of the unborn child without any consciousness before it grows to have one is good because it can prevent many possible problems for not only the mother but the child as well as it may not have the best experience growing up. Now I know a lot of people would also argue that they could just simply give their child up for adoption, but I don't think it's really all that simple because there is a lot of responsibility and mental distress that comes with it. Just to let you all know I did not do any research because I just wanted to quickly give my opinion on this but if I'm factually wrong on anything I said feel free to correct me.
I like ya cut g.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
So as soon as an egg is fertilized, it's immoral to do anything about it? What do you make of the multitude of lifesaving (and life-enhancing) benefits that embryonic stem cell research provides us with?

Once an egg is fertilised, human development has begun, thus moral implications simultaneously arise since - yes - an innocent human life is involved. As far as the benefits of stem cell research go, I prescribe to deontology, so benefits don't matter to me as much as the initial means which lead to the benefits in the first place. For example, I also oppose animal testing, despite the benefits that come from it all.

You said any lines drawn are arbitrary, but they're not plucked out of thin air. There's a stark moral difference between the termination of an unthinking, unfeeling mass of cells and a sentient second trimester fetus. Just as there's a stark moral difference between end the life of your brain-dead comatose mother and Larry (perfectly healthy) who lives down the road. The particulars are important in these kinds of things.

There is an emotional difference; not necessarily a moral difference. Of course, any human being will prioritise a 4-year-old child over a zygote, but that doesn't negate the humanity or life of the zygote. Lots of actions we make are emotionally-reasoned, but that doesn't make them right. Hypothetically, a family member would save the life of another family member over a thousand strangers. We are emotionally-reasoned creatures, but we strive to be as objective and logical as possible when, for example, deciding laws.

In the case of abortion law, you are deciding a law that could potentionally end the lives of millions of unborn human lives based on the line you draw. You can draw it at birth, you can draw it at 24 weeks, 12 weeks, or you can draw it at the point of conception. Drawing the line at conception is the most objective and morally-consistent position if you value all innocent human life.

You religious at all? Or you just tryna be a 'hyper-logical' devil's advocate?

I personally don't see it as relevant to the discussion since the pro-life position is consistent with atheism, but yes, I am religious.

Originally Posted by fudgiebalz View Post
Rape victims can go fuck themselves, eh?
Mothers who would die from giving birth can fuck themselves, eh?
People who do everything in their power to not get pregnant while having sex can fuck themselves, eh?
Unwanted kids who get dealt one of the shittiest hands in life can fuck themselves, eh?

Oh, boy. Obviously those are terrible instances, but circumstances don't change the calculus. As for the situation of where an abortion is the only way to save a mother's life, I've never found an example of it, yet it is raised all the time in the abortion argument because, of course, the pro-choice side is focused on the extreme cases. Roughly 99% of abortions are done for convenience, with 40% of those abortions being by women who have had 2 or more abortions (UK.gov statistic 2019). Aren't you concerned about that at all? Or do you believe that women should have the right to abort in all cases for whatever reason at any stage?

Making abortion illegal is just not the right answer in my view. People will search for other means, whether that means coathanger abortions or purposefully starving themselves to induce a miscarriage.

This isn't an argument. Murder still happens despite murder being illegal. Imagine if it wasn't illegal? There would be lots more murder. That's the point of the law, to decrease the number. No system or law is infallible, and there will always be abortions.

Forcing a kid into a world where he isn't wanted is more immoral than ending the possibility of life of an unthinking, unwanting entity, in my opinion.

This is emotionally-reasoned. When exactly does an unborn-unthinking-entity make the transition from unthinking to thinking? I could probably guess that you'd be against killing an already born 25-week-old baby, yet are you for the right to abort a 27-week-old baby still in the womb?

You are literally in favour of the death penalty

Re-read my pretense. I'm against the deliberate killing of innocent human lives.
Last edited by Mallymkun; Aug 4, 2020 at 08:22 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Oh, boy. Obviously those are terrible instances, but circumstances don't change the calculus. As for the situation of where an abortion is the only way to save a mother's life, I've never found an example of it, yet it is raised all the time in the abortion argument because, of course, the pro-choice side is focused on the extreme cases.

Obviously the things I mentioned are not the majority of cases, but making abortion illegal would definitely give two big middle fingers to all of them. Also, just because you haven't seen stuff doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Thought you would know this, being religious and all.

Roughly 99% of abortions are done for convenience, with 40% of those abortions being by women who have had 2 or more abortions (UK.gov statistic 2019).

What is 'convenience'? I tried looking these stats up, UK.gov doesn't exist, you probably mean gov.uk. The query "abortion statistics 2019" brings up this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...and-wales-2019. I couldn't find the 99% stat, I guess you mean that 98% of abortions are carried out under Ground C?

Originally Posted by gov.uk, Ground C
That the pregnancy has NOT exceeded its 24th week and that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated, of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman.

This doesn't sound like convenience to me.

Aren't you concerned about that at all?

Of course I would like every abortion to have a good reason behind it, it's not something I see as fun. But it is in my opinion a necessary evil.

Or do you believe that women should have the right to abort in all cases for whatever reason at any stage?

No. Late stage abortions are horrible.

This isn't an argument. Murder still happens despite murder being illegal. Imagine if it wasn't illegal? There would be lots more murder. That's the point of the law, to decrease the number. No system or law is infallible, and there will always be abortions.

The law against murder is there to reduce harm. I think making abortion illegal would not reduce harm, but increase it.
- The mother suffers through pregnancy and child birth
- The child most likely grows up without parental love
- Desperate mothers (and babies) die in botched coathanger abortions
Probably more harms but you get the point

I'll take the harm of ending the possibility of life for an unthinking, unwanting entity over all these harms any day of the week.

This is emotionally-reasoned. When exactly does an unborn-unthinking-entity make the transition from unthinking to thinking? I could probably guess that you'd be against killing an already born 25-week-old baby, yet are you for the right to abort a 27-week-old baby still in the womb?

I thought it was pretty logical. Shit life or no life at all? We can't know what the baby wants so we have to make the decision for them. I'm on the side of no life at all.
As for the transition, we don't know. But you can't have thoughts or desires without a brain, right? I believe the brain starts forming around 4 weeks into pregnancy. We've been over late stage abortions already.

Re-read my pretense. I'm against the deliberate killing of innocent human lives.

You acknowledged that innocent people would be put on death row. You are apparently okay with that, as you are in favour of the death penalty.
alright guy
Obviously the things I mentioned are not the majority of cases, but making abortion illegal would definitely give two big middle fingers to all of them.

I care about rape victims and hope they deal with their trauma in the best way they see fit, but abortion isn't justified because the mother got raped. They're two seperate issues, totally unrelated from one another. As for people who try to prevent conceiving during sex, that's all well-and-good, but conception is always a possibility during sexual intercourse. When you have sex, you consent to the possibility of pregnancy (different from consenting to pregnancy). The responsibility falls on the two partners to carry out the pregnancy to full-term, and then they're free to put the baby up for adoption.

Also, just because you haven't seen stuff doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Thought you would know this, being religious and all.

Granted, it could be a possibility, and it could realistically happen. The law should state that all attempts should be made in saving both lives in question, but if chemotherapy happens to save the mother's life - with the baby dying as a result - that wouldn't be considered an abortion in the general sense.

What is 'convenience'? I tried looking these stats up, UK.gov doesn't exist, you probably mean gov.uk. The query "abortion statistics 2019" brings up this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...and-wales-2019. I couldn't find the 99% stat, I guess you mean that 98% of abortions are carried out under Ground C?

My apologies, yes I meant gov.uk. I should have sourced more clearly as you've mistaken my sourcing for the former point regarding the 99%. I was actually referring to the 40%.

This doesn't sound like convenience to me.

See above.

Of course I would like every abortion to have a good reason behind it, it's not something I see as fun. But it is in my opinion a necessary evil.

It's not necessary.

No. Late stage abortions are horrible.

Glad you agree.

The law against murder is there to reduce harm. I think making abortion illegal would not reduce harm, but increase it.
- The mother suffers through pregnancy and child birth
- The child most likely grows up without parental love
- Desperate mothers (and babies) die in botched coathanger abortions
Probably more harms but you get the point

Incorrect. The law against murder is there to reduce murder. The abortion law wouldn't be there to reduce harm, but reduce abortions. The utilitarian answer to abortion isn't something I'm invested in.

I'll take the harm of ending the possibility of life for an unthinking, unwanting entity over all these harms any day of the week.

Of course, it makes it easier to take that position when you slap on "unthinking" and "unwanting" before it. Does an unthinking human adult have no value? What about a child who is unwanted? Do they have zero value as well? I don't think desire and the capacity for thought are logical or reasonable ways of measuring one's value as an objectively, existing human life.

I thought it was pretty logical. Shit life or no life at all? We can't know what the baby wants so we have to make the decision for them. I'm on the side of no life at all.

I would have thought that the fact that the human life is incapable of giving consent to such an enormous decision concerning whether they should live or not is exactly why we should not be able to make such a decision? You couldn't possibly know what they want, since many babies conceived in the most awful and tragic of conditions go on to live happy, fulfilling lives. It's common to see pro-life people who were conceived in rape state that they're thankful that their mother didn't abort them.

As for the transition, we don't know. But you can't have thoughts or desires without a brain, right? I believe the brain starts forming around 4 weeks into pregnancy. We've been over late stage abortions already.

Since you're pro-choice, what law do you believe is correct? Where do you personally draw the line? At 4 weeks?

You acknowledged that innocent people would be put on death row. You are apparently okay with that, as you are in favour of the death penalty.

I'm for the death penalty as much as I'm for our participation in the Second World War. Would you describe adherents of the US' participation in WW2 as "okay" with the taking of innocent life? No, you wouldn't, because there's a difference between acknowledging that a noble goal could end up with innocent deaths and being for a procedure that is intentionally designed to end innocent life.
I care about rape victims and hope they deal with their trauma in the best way they see fit, but abortion isn't justified because the mother got raped. They're two seperate issues, totally unrelated from one another. As for people who try to prevent conceiving during sex, that's all well-and-good, but conception is always a possibility during sexual intercourse. When you have sex, you consent to the possibility of pregnancy (different from consenting to pregnancy). The responsibility falls on the two partners to carry out the pregnancy to full-term, and then they're free to put the baby up for adoption.

Forcing a rape victim to give birth to the child of the man who raped her IS justified?
I doubt you're going to admit this, but it's definitely implied here.
I don't think it's fair to compartmenalize abortion to this degree, the laws will impact pairs of mothers and potential children. Not some abstract concept 'fetus' and another, totally unrelated abstract concept 'mother'.
Adoption does not give the same quality of life as a child with two loving parents. Sadness all around. Troubled child, traumatised couple, a society with an orphanage shortage.

My apologies, yes I meant gov.uk. I should have sourced more clearly as you've mistaken my sourcing for the former point regarding the 99%. I was actually referring to the 40%.

Then why mention the stat at all?
As for the 40%, it does come off as concerning. But I don't think it's enough of a reason to deny abortions to all those who do need it.

It's not necessary.

In your opinion

Incorrect. The law against murder is there to reduce murder. The abortion law wouldn't be there to reduce harm, but reduce abortions. The utilitarian answer to abortion isn't something I'm invested in.

Reducing murder is reducing harm

I'm curious, what rules inform your deontologist argument against abortion?

Of course, it makes it easier to take that position when you slap on "unthinking" and "unwanting" before it. Does an unthinking human adult have no value? What about a child who is unwanted? Do they have zero value as well? I don't think desire and the capacity for thought are logical or reasonable ways of measuring one's value as an objectively, existing human life.

I don't know what value has to do with this, but braindead adults are cut off from life support all the time. Of course an unwanted child has value, but I don't want a child to struggle with major feelings of unwantedness throughout their childhood, when that easily could have been prevented.

I would have thought that the fact that the human life is incapable of giving consent to such an enormous decision concerning whether they should live or not is exactly why we should not be able to make such a decision? You couldn't possibly know what they want, since many babies conceived in the most awful and tragic of conditions go on to live happy, fulfilling lives. It's common to see pro-life people who were conceived in rape state that they're thankful that their mother didn't abort them.

You can turn that argument all the way around. Making abortion illegal presumes that fetuses want to live, you couldn't possibly know that. Also I believe that people born into tragic circumstances living happy lives are the exception, not the rule. The people that were 'abortion candidates' (sorry for the dehumanizing term, can't think of another way to refer to them) are adults now and (presumably) have a natural instinct to want to be alive. They have a personal bias.

Since you're pro-choice, what law do you believe is correct? Where do you personally draw the line? At 4 weeks?

Haven't given much thought to exactly which legalese I prefer, but 4 weeks seemed reasonable at first. Apparently most women find out they are pregnant 5.5 weeks in though, so it probably isn't so reasonable. Maybe the law should be paired with increased access to pregnancy tests at lower costs, and general sex education.

I'm for the death penalty as much as I'm for our participation in the Second World War. Would you describe adherents of the US' participation in WW2 as "okay" with the taking of innocent life? No, you wouldn't, because there's a difference between acknowledging that a noble goal could end up with innocent deaths and being for a procedure that is intentionally designed to end innocent life.

As said in the other thread, I don't think they are analogous.
alright guy
Forcing a rape victim to give birth to the child of the man who raped her IS justified?
I doubt you're going to admit this, but it's definitely implied here.

The question doesn't really make sense since for me to justify it, I have to be proving something to be right.

And there's nothing to admit, I've stated my position already.

I don't think it's fair to compartmenalize abortion to this degree, the laws will impact pairs of mothers and potential children. Not some abstract concept 'fetus' and another, totally unrelated abstract concept 'mother'.

Sorry, I don't understand your argument.

Adoption does not give the same quality of life as a child with two loving parents. Sadness all around. Troubled child, traumatised couple, a society with an orphanage shortage.

That's quite a statement to make. Who are you to say adopted children have a lesser quality of life as opposed to other children? Parents of adopted kids can be just as loving as biological parents. Plus, this "quality of life" isn't exactly something tangible that can be measured or compared. How do you measure it exactly?

These outcomes that you're displaying (troubled child, sadness, traumatised couple, etc) are all negative assumptions to make. You seem to dismiss all the potential positive outcomes. But again, this is consequentialist argumentation; the primary thing that matters to me is that the baby is alive and hasn't been murdered in the womb.

Then why mention the stat at all?

I didn't think I'd need to source it since the 99% stat isn't exactly disputed at all. The vast majority of abortions are convenience-based, with rape and incest cases always being below 1-2% in all western countries where abortion is legalised.

Just from a quick google search. Page 113.

As for the 40%, it does come off as concerning. But I don't think it's enough of a reason to deny abortions to all those who do need it.

"Need" implies "necessity". Education purposes, job purposes, having other children already, can't afford to have the baby, unemployed, relationship problems, not ready... Do you consider these all instances where the mother needs to have an abortion? You consider an abortion necessary?

I'm curious, what rules inform your deontologist argument against abortion?

My deontological perspective means that I'm to treat everyone as an ends in themselves, not a means to an ends.

So you would have something like this:

1. He/she is an innocent human life
2. It is wrong to end innocent human life
3. Abortion ends innocent human life
4. Therefore abortion is wrong

Fairly simple. Your argumentation, on the other hand, comes from a consequentialist perspective, stemming from teleological ethics (basically the exact opposite to deontology). Thus, it's fairly evident we'll never agree on this issue. You value utility over duty.

I don't know what value has to do with this, but braindead adults are cut off from life support all the time. Of course an unwanted child has value, but I don't want a child to struggle with major feelings of unwantedness throughout their childhood, when that easily could have been prevented.

While you never set the criteria for what constitutes "unthinking", in my head "unthinking" doesn't exclusively apply to braindead adults. Could also apply to the mentally handicapped, or somebody in a temporary coma for example. And your "unwanted" argument bases itself on the presupposition that abortion survivors will always feel unwanted and have disatisfying lives. Again, this is unmeasurable.

You can turn that argument all the way around. Making abortion illegal presumes that fetuses want to live, you couldn't possibly know that.

Exactly, we don't know what they want, so the onus is on you to justify killing them while being aware of the fact that you deprived them of future consent to say otherwise. Also, if your next argument is going to be, "but they can't consent in their present state, so it's okay to kill them", then I'd advise you not to make that slippery slope.

Also I believe that people born into tragic circumstances living happy lives are the exception, not the rule. The people that were 'abortion candidates' (sorry for the dehumanizing term, can't think of another way to refer to them) are adults now and (presumably) have a natural instinct to want to be alive. They have a personal bias.

Human organisms fight for life at all developmental stages. Even in an abortion, the fetus/baby moves away from the suction tip.

Haven't given much thought to exactly which legalese I prefer, but 4 weeks seemed reasonable at first. Apparently most women find out they are pregnant 5.5 weeks in though, so it probably isn't so reasonable. Maybe the law should be paired with increased access to pregnancy tests at lower costs, and general sex education.

Interesting.

As said in the other thread, I don't think they are analogous.

If you want to play that game, I don't think abortion and the death penalty are analogous.
Once an egg is fertilised, human development has begun, thus moral implications simultaneously arise since - yes - an innocent human life is involved. As far as the benefits of stem cell research go, I prescribe to deontology, so benefits don't matter to me as much as the initial means which lead to the benefits in the first place. For example, I also oppose animal testing, despite the benefits that come from it all.

You claim to be thinking deontologically, but you're actually making a consequentialist argument here.

The only thing that matters to you is that 'an innocent human life' doesn't get terminated. Regardless of case or context. Unthinking/unfeeling mass of cells? Keep it. 2 day old rape victim zygote? Keep it. In-vitro egg that was always intended for stem cell research and was never going to result into the formation of a living human? Keep it.

Regardless of the circumstances of conceptions or stage of development, the only thing you focus on is the consequence that 'an innocent human life' gets killed. It's 'wrong' and 'immoral' BECAUSE 'an innocent human life' is ended.
There is an emotional difference; not necessarily a moral difference.

Disagree.
Of course, any human being will prioritise a 4-year-old child over a zygote, but that doesn't negate the humanity or life of the zygote.

And you think that the only reasons people can come up with for supporting their preference to end a zygote over ending a child is purely emotional? There's no rational thought going into it at all? Like maybe 'oh, it's an unthinking, unfeeling mass of cells vs a fully formed thinking, feeling child'?

When determining the morality of things, how people will come to determine the morality of an action differs. Some will go hyper-logical, some will go full emotional, some will mix it up with a combination of logic and emotions. "It's right or wrong because emotions", "It's right or wrong because facts", "It's right or wrong because emotions + facts. Whatever your formula, you're still making a determination as to the rightness or wrongness of something. You're still making a moral decision. There's still a difference in the moral weight of killing a zygote vs killing a second trimester fetus. The line's being drawn aren't plucked from thin air.
Originally Posted by Mallymkun
Drawing the line at conception is the most objective and morally-consistent position if you value all innocent human life.

That's just like, your opinion man.
Originally Posted by Mallymkun
I personally don't see it as relevant to the discussion since the pro-life position is consistent with atheism, but yes, I am religious.

Well, if you believed in the concept of a soul, it would explain why you're so concerned about the abortion of zygotes.
Last edited by Ele; Aug 5, 2020 at 05:45 AM.
The question doesn't really make sense since for me to justify it, I have to be proving something to be right.

Don't really get what you mean by this.

And there's nothing to admit, I've stated my position already.

From what I gather, you are okay with forcing a rape victim through child birth. For you to be okay with it, you'd have to think it is justified, no?

Sorry, I don't understand your argument.

I think that one case of abortion inseparably involve the potential child and its biological mother. If you think the mother's woes shouldn't apply to the potential child, I wouldn't agree.

That's quite a statement to make. Who are you to say adopted children have a lesser quality of life as opposed to other children? Parents of adopted kids can be just as loving as biological parents. Plus, this "quality of life" isn't exactly something tangible that can be measured or compared. How do you measure it exactly?

Orphans themselves report feeling lonely and unwanted. Not all children that are put up for adoption are actually adopted. The majority of them spend years in orphanages, time not getting the parental love they deserve. Granted, the kids that are adopted tend to lead comparable lives to children that live with their biological parents.

These outcomes that you're displaying (troubled child, sadness, traumatised couple, etc) are all negative assumptions to make. You seem to dismiss all the potential positive outcomes. But again, this is consequentialist argumentation; the primary thing that matters to me is that the baby is alive and hasn't been murdered in the womb.

I currently have no reason to believe that the positive cases are the rule as opposed to the exception. If you can change that, this point is void. I don't think that would make me change my stance on abortion, though.

I didn't think I'd need to source it since the 99% stat isn't exactly disputed at all. The vast majority of abortions are convenience-based, with rape and incest cases always being below 1-2% in all western countries where abortion is legalised.

Just from a quick google search. Page 113.

Page 113 has no mention of 99% (neither does the whole document). Do you expect me to make my own calculations from the table? Our definitions for convenience seem to differ, I probably won't get your result.

"Need" implies "necessity". Education purposes, job purposes, having other children already, can't afford to have the baby, unemployed, relationship problems, not ready... Do you consider these all instances where the mother needs to have an abortion? You consider an abortion necessary?

Necessary to give the mother give the mother time to get their life in order and provide the best childhood for her future children (if that is what she wants). Necessary to (here it comes utilitarianconsequentialistteleological argument) to prevent the child from having a sucky childhood.

My deontological perspective means that I'm to treat everyone as an ends in themselves, not a means to an ends.

Is the mother not a means for child birth?

So you would have something like this:

1. He/she is an innocent human life
2. It is wrong to end innocent human life
3. Abortion ends innocent human life
4. Therefore abortion is wrong

Fairly simple. Your argumentation, on the other hand, comes from a consequentialist perspective, stemming from teleological ethics (basically the exact opposite to deontology). Thus, it's fairly evident we'll never agree on this issue. You value utility over duty.

I don't think rules 1. and 2. are universally applicable (as they ought to be, no?). Wouldn't they prevent you from being in favour of the death penalty, as taking innocent human life is a very real possibility?

While you never set the criteria for what constitutes "unthinking", in my head "unthinking" doesn't exclusively apply to braindead adults. Could also apply to the mentally handicapped, or somebody in a temporary coma for example. And your "unwanted" argument bases itself on the presupposition that abortion survivors will always feel unwanted and have disatisfying lives. Again, this is unmeasurable.

I think I mentioned the brain, right? Mentally handicapped people and comatose people most certainly have brain activity. I sincerely don't think it applies. Loneliness and unwantedness is commonly reported by orphans, from what I've seen.

Exactly, we don't know what they want, so the onus is on you to justify killing them while being aware of the fact that you deprived them of future consent to say otherwise. Also, if your next argument is going to be, "but they can't consent in their present state, so it's okay to kill them", then I'd advise you not to make that slippery slope.

The onus is on you to justify forcing a woman to dedicate her bodily resources to baby she doesn't want, and justify giving children a less than optimal childhood (to put it mildly).
I don't think the POTENTIAL (10-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage) of any future POTENTIAL (some people just don't want to be alive, yo) desire to live overrides the others.

I'm not even sure what this means, or how it is a logical argument, but I'm curious what your rebuttal is, so here goes nothing: "but they can't consent in their present state, so it's okay to kill them".
I'm putting my money on gagging your prospective rape victim so they physically can not consent, which according to that logic would make whatever you're about to do to them okay.

Human organisms fight for life at all developmental stages. Even in an abortion, the fetus/baby moves away from the suction tip.

Hijacking resources from the mother is entirely involuntary and not a sign of any desires that the fetus has. That video is hard to watch. Looks like a late stage abortion. Looks like a reflex response - involuntary.

If you want to play that game, I don't think abortion and the death penalty are analogous.

My point is that you think the taking of innocent human life is sometimes permissible, as you condescendingly stated on your high horse.
This holds true even if you think sending soldiers to their death is analogous and permissible, though I don't agree that is analogous.
alright guy