Ranking
Originally Posted by LvPilot23 View Post
HP Pavillion dv6500 notebook, intel pentium dual-core cpu T2330 1.60 GHz

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt shaders will ever work with those specifications.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
this may be hampa's greatest folly, screwing the mac users in the butt
`*(O.O)*((`````{}{}{}{}{}{}`````
```(--)``))````Fear The Monkey```
O---( )---O`````{}{}{}{}{}{}````
```()()
it dosen't have to do with the Mac OS, it is the graphics card / driver not supporting the programmable shaders.

toribash is developed on the Mac anyway.
This doesn't work for me I don't know why, and it's now really bothering me. I want pretty Toribash!
I'm a cat person. What's your point?
Telling us what graphics card you're using would be useful, because otherwise we have to make assumptions...
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
lol Telling me what graphics card would help so I could tell you. Meaning I have no idea.
How would I find out?

EDIT:
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
If that means anything....
Last edited by JoeMo2000; Feb 26, 2008 at 02:20 AM.
No, that isn't the right thing.

In most cases, if shaders don't run with Soft Shadows, Reflections and Fluid Blood set to 0, and the method here doesn't work, then it'll probably be time to upgrade your graphics card.
I have a computer that's like 3 years old, and I don't want to spend a lot of money fixing it up, since I'm going to college in 6 months, anyway (holy CRAP is it that close?)

Yeah, that's my graphics card alright...
Last edited by 3vi1; Feb 26, 2008 at 01:27 PM.