Toribash
Original Post
How to apply to staff 101
Hello, I am Karen. Today I am going to update how to apply for staff 101

Basic tips
  • Some things we look for today are more personality based more than experience based so make sure to write an application that shows some of yours instead of the super bland application.
  • Applications can be formatted however you want to but keeping your application clean and well formatted helps your chances a lot, nobody wants to read a wall of text.
  • While experience is nice it is not necessary to become staff as we will train you! If you do have experience be sure to include it in your application.
  • knowing what staff group you are applying to is a must, below will be a list of staff positions and what they do!
  • Don't try to make an application long for the sake of it being long, just keep it as long as it needs to be.
  • Dont copy-paste applications from this tutorial or Dargons old tutorial
  • When applying it can sometimes take 3 or 4 weeks to get accepted or denied. (We send letters for both) but if you haven't heard anything about your application within 1 month please contact the admin of the group you applied to.
  • Even if you follow this guide and make a great application you still may be denied depending on the staff groups needs and who is applying.
Okay before we move on lets talk about user history and staff applications.
The history of a user is very important to the staff team, as they tend to hold grudges (rightfully so). If you have any history with power abuse, scamming, account theft or any other type of general abuse, there is a very good chance you won't get the position you're aiming for, at least for a very long time. If you want the position so desperately, show that. Show that you've reformed and that you now care about the game, and are willing to give up your own time to make it better. If the staff team see and recognize your efforts, you'll get a position eventually. Reformation doesn't happen overnight.

This, for the most part, is true, while your history doesn't instantly deny you from staff it will be talked about including what you did and how long ago you did it. Being a toxic user a few years back is very different from scamming people just a few months ago and will be treated as such when considering your application.

When I read an application a few of the things I look for include
  • GMT time zone (required)
  • Discord tag (required)
  • A quick summary of what you have going on currently in life
  • Why do you want to join? And what do you want to do with this position?
What are some things we check for?
  • how active the account has been recently
  • Infractions on main or alternate accounts
  • Interactions with others in-game and on the forums

Staff positions

Below will be a few applications, 2 good ones, and 2 bad ones, names are removed for obvious reasons.

Application 1

Application 2

Application 3

Application 4

Now finally after you have written your application you need to send it in! You will send your application to any member of the squad you are applying to or any SMod or Admin!
Thank you for coming and reading this tutorial and I hope this helps you apply for whatever staff position you chose! If you have any questions or tips feel free to let me know.
Special thanks to:
Swosh and Tabby for helping with the tutorial
Last edited by melrose; Apr 19, 2022 at 08:24 PM.
Originally Posted by 10ne View Post
Do we get a redo orrrr...

Feel free to apply again 1 month if/after being denied
i didn't give permission for you to use my application
(BTW my app was the 4th one)
Last edited by Karen; Aug 7, 2021 at 10:42 PM.

rip in pieces sweet prince.

You had a good run! ;_;7
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
rip in pieces sweet prince.

You had a good run! ;_;7

Yes I have used it multiple times ;-; will be remembered and cherished