Toribash
planning on spending the night on it get on irc
-----
is it possible to for example a hit on the muscles cause a drop in the speed for the player? or would that make it bit more complex?
Last edited by William; Jun 2, 2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your messed up world enthrills me
Here is the perk list:

Fast Heal (-30% time of healing)
Fury (all your CT. AT. Cards always deal full damage, as long you are not injured)
Steven Seagal (if you brake someone’s bone he suffer additional 50 HP damage at the end of turn)
Berserk (+2 to all AT. MOD. when injured)
Battle Meditation (all your AT. PRECISON MOD. get +1)
Monk (every time you fight opponent with more HP than you, your STRENGTH gets +1)
Favorite Style (+1 to every AT. MOD. of style you choose)
Strong Veins (no damage from bleeding)
Blurred Fists (your attacks are very hard to block, -2 to all opponents BLOCK MOD.)
Hyperactive (+1 to every DODGE MOD.)
Aerial Fighter (every time you successfully dodge you inflict 20 HP damage to opponent)
Sex Appeal (when you fight players of different sex all their characteristics suffer -1 penalty)
Eagle Eye (+1 to player’s FOCUS)
Enter the Dragon (+1 to player’s SPEED)
Living Fortress (all your BLOCK MOD. rise by +1)
Rock Hard (-5 HP to every sustained damage)
Fitness (+1 to player’s STAMINA)
Ironman (all your attacks deal additional +10 damage)
Brawler (+1 to every AT. MOD.)
Bunny Rabbit (your DODGE is always successful)
Fast Learner (you learn new moves +30% faster)
Die Hard (only value of -20 HP will get you unconscious, more than that and you are dead)
Jacky Chan (you never suffer damage while BLOCKING)
Jet Li (every time you fully learn some wushu style you also get Favorite Style perk for that style)
Good foot work (all kicks do additional +20 HP damage)
Chuck Norris (every opponent lose -1 of his FOCUS when he fights you, due to fear)
Soul Eater (every time you kill someone your HP pool permanently rise by +50 HP)
Fist of Justice (every on-target full damage you do with punch will do additional +30 HP damage)
Bruce Lee (all your punch CT. AT cards deal +50 HP of additional damage)
Vampire (any critical damage that your opponent suffer at the end of the turn, heals your HP by that amount)

I've also limited 2 PERKS per player, when you firstly crate your character! SO, you can only choose 2 at the beginning, and no Abilities until your character levels up for the first time.
-----
Look and explanation of character cards!

So, here is the character card of NPC character princess Naira, wushu master that teaches Wing Chun style.

On the left side is the image of the character. I'll draw your characters based on the toribash sets you have, or you can ask to be drawn in some other manner.

On the right side are name of your character (game Nickname) and your characteristics. On this example, as you can see, Naira has:
SPEED: 5
STRENGTH: 3
ENDURANCE: 2
STAMINA: 4
FOCUS: 5

Everyone has 19 points to spend on their characteristics, and value 5 is the maximum value of your characteristics.

Naira also has 2 perks: Sex Appeal and Bunny Rabbit. Look at the perk list what advantages they gave her.

So, if you wish to participate on this game, make you character: write how much points you will add to your characteristics, tell me how you wish to be drawn for the card, and form your basic deck (make a sequence) in this thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=409304

I see William already made his, he just need to write values of his characteristics and which two perks he will take and I can make his card.
In the meantime I'll finish the rest of the NPCs cards.
-----
We have our first player! \o/

-----
And our Hung Gar master of Flow Dojo:

Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jun 3, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It's made. Everything just need to be transferred on forum and tested. For that I need players, which will come when I set promo-page and put finished game rules...
Been keeping an eye here for a while, i'll get involved as well. The perk list is damn awesome. Have you thought of making traits? Could be balanced with pos/neg effects. I'll make my deck once i get back from work. Also about certain styles that aren't really martial artsy like that animal wrestling, how about simple brawling for them npc's (haymakers, hammer fists and so on, real basic stuff) for pirates and others.
Last edited by k6vamees; Jun 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
But why's the rum gone? :v
Originally Posted by k6vamees View Post
Been keeping an eye here for a while, i'll get involved as well. The perk list is damn awesome. Have you thought of making traits? Could be balanced with pos/neg effects. I'll make my deck once i get back from work.

We have abilities. Just, I don't want to introduce them until first level up of your characters.

Also, everybody got a card! ;}

If I may comment on your choices. First, don't worry if you fuck up with your character, this is beta after all, at the end, when we test how things work and make changes (and there sure will be some), your characters will be reset anyway, at the end of testing.

Looking at your characteristics I can say this:

Deuteria with his insane speed and perks will sure have all successful attacks, but his endurance is so low that blocking high damaged hits won't be an option for him. Good luck with that! ;}

Snake made some solid choices, I guess he will go for full brawl, slow, not much strength, but tough body and blocking. With his perks he will be able to take punishment and his strength will probably be counter-attacks.

William is going toward precision, sure hits and good damage, but with his low stamina he better do damage fast, during the first opening, otherwise he will be without the guard and his low endurance means he will be prone to damage.

I can hardly wait to see this in action.

When I finish NPC cards, set encounters, done their cards too, we can slowly start. During the game I'll introduce wushu styles and their cards too, no need to rush it.

Just be a bit more patient.
-----
SHORT BREATH card

Since player’s STAMINA determine the number of cards he has in hand during one turn, there will be situations were one player will have more cards in hand than another. Those situations are resolved like this, example:

Player 1 has STAMINA 3 and Player 2 has stamina 5

Player 1 has 3 cards in his hand and Player 2 has 5 cards in his hand. To compensate lack of cards for Player 1 and to simulate his low performance during the fight in one turn, we give Player 1 two cards called: SHORT BREATH.
This card act as a form of EVADING fight card. Player is tired so he tries to evade the fight jumping backwards, dodging and blocking, but this doesn’t have full effect as real DODGE or BLOCK card. Thus, he is vulnerable while using these cards.

Here are the resolves:

SHORT BREATH vs ATTACK

Player 1 card < Player 2 card

Player 2 deals medium damage, and attack of non-target attack, even if it was targeted attack. Initiative goes to Player 2

SHORT BREATH vs BLOCK

Player 2 gains initiative, Player 1 suffers HP damage value of: Player’s 2 BLOCK modifier x 3

SHORT BREATH vs DODGE

Player 2 just gains initiative

SHORT BREATH vs GRAB

Player 2 execute successful GRAB and rest is resolved as stated before

SHORT BREATH vs SHORT BREATH

Player that had initiative, keeps his initiative
-----
Guy from RA joined us! ;}

Very solid character.