Ranking
Originally Posted by airote View Post
Yeah, the questions were definently not really good, and pretty stupid. Eg; "Is homo-sexuality natural?" Yes it is. It's been proven for at least 50 years now.

Well even that question is questionable, are they talking about homosexual behaviour (which is obviously natural to an extent), or homosexual lifestyle (which is obviously not natural to an extent).

I wonder if they do take things like that in to account.

I always think "well I agree/disagree, but do I agree/disagree for the reason that you think I'm agreeing/disagreeing for?".
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
The way tests like these work are by giving the tests to people who they already know the political affiliation of, and they doing statistical analysis on the questions and answers to see which answers are more prevalent in which camp of thought, and then using that data to make an assumption of another person who takes the test that somebody who answers a question in a certain way is likely leaning in a certain direction because people who lean in that direction tend to answer the question that way. Why is irrelevant in the analysis, it's merely measuring statistical averages.

Heck, if authoritarians would routinely agree with "Chocolate is the superior flavor to all flavors of ice cream", and libertarians would routinely disagree, then it could function as a question for this sort of test.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
The way tests like these work are by giving the tests to people who they already know the political affiliation of, and they doing statistical analysis on the questions and answers to see which answers are more prevalent in which camp of thought, and then using that data to make an assumption of another person who takes the test that somebody who answers a question in a certain way is likely leaning in a certain direction because people who lean in that direction tend to answer the question that way. Why is irrelevant in the analysis, it's merely measuring statistical averages.

Heck, if authoritarians would routinely agree with "Chocolate is the superior flavor to all flavors of ice cream", and libertarians would routinely disagree, then it could function as a question for this sort of test.

I took this test because of this thread and because I didn't have a solid grip on what my exact stance on every issue was. Needless to say, it helped. A couple of 'joke' tests later, I was able to replicate Stalin's and Hitler's results accurately enough, and the results weren't surprising. If only I had put in 'strongly agree' here and 'disagree' instead of 'agree' there, I wouldn't be too far off from one or the other.

Since I am unable to post pictures at this time, take Numbaonah's dot and move it one square to the right.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.

I agree with Redundant. I have no clue why they wouldn't put a "neutral" option or something similar. I feel like 25% of the questions were really generalized and I didn't have much of an opinion either way.
I feel like I needed my fair share of asterisks when answering this. "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system." well yeah pretty much, but answering that question puts me in a position where my political views prefer a one-party system, when that's not necessarily the truth. Besides that, it feels like unless I'm a really racist and somewhat misinformed person, I'm going to land somewhere to the left no matter what. I'll let you guys know in a few minutes.
-----

more than I expected actually
Last edited by sid; Aug 3, 2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan

Use to be top-left, now I am bottom-left.

Strange...