ES Recruitment Drive
When I'm talking about 'good player', I'm talking about Toribash knowledge and skill, not 'good person'/personality. If I hate a guy but he has decent knowledge about Toribash, he's pretty good. If one of my friends is terrible at the game I wouldn't say he is a good player.
In my opinion. You have a good player and a good fighter.
A good player is fighting and personality (and those type of things)
A good fighter is just based on the moves and what Holotor said.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Originally Posted by Holotor View Post
A good player is someone who knows what their joints are doing, why they're using those joints, and can plan several moves ahead to gain the advantage of the match.

Pretty much that. I would add that a good player is able to have a clear sequence of attacks, defensive moves and comebacks which are not interrupted by time wasting movements like wobbling around (if that's not already what you were talking about, Holo).

This is the reason why duelers are often considered as good players, because they tried/learned to get the highest efficiency in each of their moves to beat the opponent as efficient and quickly as possible without getting into a position where they are not safe.

Learning this is really difficult and I'm not talking about the openers. Nearly every "good player" is going to jump back or stay in a safe position at the start of boxshu-mushu dueling matches, considering he is fighting a good player aswell. After my opinion, the real shit is done in the mid-game and to beat a killer3366 you have to know how to be efficient.
A good player to me is:

ingame skill:

Know how to look realistic.
Can spar.
Understands how to do moves tht you can do in real life.
Can play aikido an other mods decently.
Doesn't run even when he's winning.

Personality:
Funny
Willing to share some of his knowlege to the nubs
Nice
Respectful
Respected
I hate all games
Originally Posted by gizodude View Post
A good player to me is:

ingame skill:

Know how to look realistic.
Can spar.
Understands how to do moves tht you can do in real life.
Can play aikido an other mods decently.
Doesn't run even when he's winning.

Personality:
Funny
Willing to share some of his knowlege to the nubs
Nice
Respectful
Respected

Well I disagree with all of the stuff you said for in-game skills except for "Doesn't run even when he's winning", but it's your point of view.
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
Anyone who has a toxic attitude. Which is why I love Swaves.

I love you too <3

I think a good player makes you think hard about how to beat them, and how to counter their moves ect.

Example. - 1Frozen1
Originally Posted by Destram View Post
Pretty much that. I would add that a good player is able to have a clear sequence of attacks, defensive moves and comebacks which are not interrupted by time wasting movements like wobbling around (if that's not already what you were talking about, Holo).

This is the reason why duelers are often considered as good players, because they tried/learned to get the highest efficiency in each of their moves to beat the opponent as efficient and quickly as possible without getting into a position where they are not safe.

I don't consider most good duelers to be good players, they just know moves that will get them the win in certain situations (eg. clap, snap kick, rush kick, etc). If I asked a dueler why he extended/contracted/held/relaxed (or didn't) a certain joint I doubt he'd know exactly why, his ghost probably just looked ok for him to use that move.
True, duelers mostly depend on experience and often try to get to a position they are familiar with.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Imo a good player is someone that tries everytime something new, that experiments new moves to learn and to have fun. The aim of duelers is obviously an easy and fast victory, this means that they dont risk (risk is a funny part of this game), don't try to create anything new if their way of playing give them a fast win, they just play for money. They could have good skills, but that's not the kind of player that i like.