Toribash
Original Post
A Huge Suggestion
So, i've had this idea in my head a couple weeks now. I started making it up in my head, when i talked about my friends about toribash and tried to recruit them, but they all said no, and justified their opinion the same thing:
There's nothing you can buy to improve yourself in the game, only cosmetic upgrades, so you can't feel op without being great at the game.

So, let's jump in, this is what it's all about:

A new gamemode, which would be a bit mortal-combat-ish (health bars) with the normal toribash 3d physics, but with a twist:
you could buy yourself armor and weapons with tc, or some other currency. The items should be available at the torishop or maybe another shop, and have a Qi requirement, so it won't get that pay 2 win (ik that you can buy Qi with real money though). I think, since there are so many item-makers trying to get their items to the torishop, it wouldn't be that hard to get some nice weapon/armor skins.

So, what i've been thinking about the functions:

Weapons:
-Different weapons would do different kinds of and different amounts of damage, for example hammers could only fracture joints, not dismember, but maybe do some more damage on joints like knees and other bony parts, than swords (which could maybe deal more damage to the areas in between the joints, and if dealt enough damage with, dismember some parts)

Armor:
-Armor would protect amount of damage for the part of body it protects, and then break, for example if some1 hits your head for 60k damage, and your helmet can protect for 50k damage, the helmet breaks and you lose 10k health
-Armor would only break for rest of the round, and be repaired for the next one

Also, i know this is a huge suggestion, and the toribash team has so much bugs to fix etc, that this propably won't come true. It's just this little idea i've had in mind, and wanted to share with ya'll.
This isn't a bad idea, would add some extra motivation for new players and old players alike to upgrade their tori's and stick with the game. It'd also be interesting to see how these would be implemented, would there be some armours with different stats, rarity values and ect.

This idea has a lot of potential.
If you want that sort of game, then you're in the wrong place. TB would be a whole new game at that point. If you want a game like that, I suggest you look for it somewhere else.

Not supported.
R.I.P DOG
Ryan will be remembered.
Originally Posted by Estimax View Post
If you want that sort of game, then you're in the wrong place. TB would be a whole new game at that point. If you want a game like that, I suggest you look for it somewhere else.

Not supported.

Saw this kind of opinions coming.
It wouldn't necessarily have to make TB a whole new game at that point, would just add more variety and options for players to choose from. What about having these kind of "new stuff-servers" for the people liking the stuff i'm suggesting here, which would have your stuff applied to you, and then have the normal servers there, too?

EDIT: also, the stuff toribash is doing here, is very unique, haven't seen other games similar to this kind of context, so if you know any game that would already be this kind of mix of toribash and rpgs, pls link
Last edited by Havu; Dec 29, 2014 at 03:39 AM.
I agree with the post above mine. If this were to be implemented, there should just be servers put up specifically for this game mode, not putting into the whole game, because as Estimax said, Toribash would be a whole new game.

I really like this idea.

Supported
a spoon.
I like this idea.
I do not want this to be a general thing, but for it to be something like 2 - 3 public servers have.

90% Supported
I don't like this. It just wouldn't be Toribash anymore. It would be a so huge change, that Toribash wouldn't feel the same anymore. It also would require alot of changes in the engine n' stuff, I don't think it would come true.

And at last: If you try to see the difference between toribash as it was at the start and the toribash we got now, there isn't much difference actually. In the last 7 years toribash hasn't changed that much, and I don't think it will in the future, especially if the changes are so drastically and if it requires so much work.

Not supported.
Originally Posted by Zockinator View Post
If you try to see the difference between toribash as it was at the start and the toribash we got now, there isn't much difference actually. In the last 7 years toribash hasn't changed that much, and I don't think it will in the future, especially if the changes are so drastically and if it requires so much work.

Not supported.

That depends entirely on the developers of the game. Just because the game hasn't gone through big changes before doesn't mean it never will.
a spoon.
Originally Posted by Havu View Post
Saw this kind of opinions coming.
It wouldn't necessarily have to make TB a whole new game at that point, would just add more variety and options for players to choose from.

Complexity of TB isnt enough for you?
Not supported.
I personally like this idea. I feel like it shouldn't change the game so much though. I feel like there should be thevregular Toribash, same as ever, then another version in the main menu. You get compleley different stats, your belt won't stay the same. It would just be another adition to TB
Last edited by Lazors; Jan 4, 2015 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Please don't do that.
I'm just gamin' man