Toribash
Original Post
Game title art contest: 27k + items available
So me and lancer_c are working on a video game that we decided we need some epic art for, and don't wanna try drawing it ourselves. That being said, we come to you, bearing prizes, to anyone that can make some sweet spike man(working title) themed art. We are primarily looking for art to use as the background the the main menu, but good art may be used throughout the game.

Game demo so far(windows only):
http://www.box.net/shared/is9v80d9se

our subjects:

spikeman and his unicorn

spikeman and a possible antagonist

possible antagonist with a tophat

Rules:
-Original artwork only*, use the above images and any examples provided only as inspiration.
*This means no photomanipulation.
-by submitting an entry you are forfeiting all rights to the submitted artwork.
-minimum resolution 800x600

Guidelines:
-spikeman is faceless and should remain as such.
-images with spikeman and his unicorn together are preferable, but images with single subjects are not discouraged.
-no text in the images.

Examples and concept ideas:

say this image was instead spikeman on a unicorn, that would be sweet.

This is the title art for Charles Barkley, Shut up and Jam: Gaiden. The style is excellent.

Prizes Available:
Along with being credited for your art in our game, these items and credits are available to any entry we consider to be worthy of prizes. Note that we will be awarding several prizes, there will be no defined placing of prizes.

Vampire Torso
Quicksilver Force
Pharos DQ
Dragon Torso
25.5k TC

Prizes Awarded:
976TC - Pulitzer for his inital entry, as well as being first to post an accepted entry.
250TC x4 - rado1100, for his entries.
Vampire Blood + Vampire Relax - SgtBeans, for his entry.
500TC- biomek, for effort.

This contest will run until we either stop it or run out of prizes.

If you want to talk to me about your submission, I'm usually on the toribash irc, so /msg pyreon and we can talk.
Last edited by pyreon; Jan 4, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
hmmm. I had a wonderful idea that came to me in a dream about this comp. Commence photoshopping!
every ten seconds I kill 7 puppies. The only way to prevent this is by clicking this savin' puppies
Interesting ideas, should be a pretty awesome game ;o

/me eagerly awaits SgtBeans' art
its coming I assure you sir. I wasn't sure if you were looking for happy and bubbly or mysterious and gritty so I just went where my heart told me.
every ten seconds I kill 7 puppies. The only way to prevent this is by clicking this savin' puppies
oh you will not regret it sir

btw pullitzer that pic is pure unyielding awesomeness....
the fact that they're 3d loses points with me, and the blender monkey head is out of place so I'm not going to use that, in any case, I'll give you 250 creds for each of those 4 entries.
I'm not going to pay out any more prizes for similar 3d pics, though.
uh ..... what monkey? >.>
The monkey on which Spike is in the fourth pic standing on... Its one of basic shapes in blender...
OK, i got a tablet for christmas, so lets try something hand drawn...

First try:
Click image for larger version

Name:	spikeman8.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	89048
Click image for larger version

Name:	spikeman9.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	89049

hope you like it.
And thanks for the 1k TC, ive never had so much xD
Last edited by rado1100; Dec 27, 2008 at 11:06 PM.