Toribash
Original Post
Old playstation games
Anyone still play ps2 and ps1? If so name the games you played or still play. And why you like them. I want to get a list of Game requests starting with PS1 and PS2 to help me find something more to play. I will eventually make a better thread to organize with spoilers etc also showing who suggested it and the reasoning. on top of other consoles. But atm I want to keep it between the current PlayStation section. I will start:

Azure Dreams (PS1)
Great game due to a dungeon that is not easy to complete that has 99 floors plus a bonus floor and a bunch of sidekicks that can be fused and mixed for different monsters to fight by your side.

Brigandine (PS1)
Good for those who like games where in order to win you have to be the last nation standing. it is a Tactical role-playing game. Quite fun in my opinion.

Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 (PS2)
I like this series due to the storyline mainly.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2)
Great game. Basicly dungeon based but has a good story and skills and unique equpiment depending on your difficulty. And if you do split screen you can bring in your characters from another save to help friends(or family) instead of restarting.

Originally Posted by Caveisier View Post
Mostly playing PS1 since I wasn't really own a PS2, our PS2 something like monopolized by my little brother, lol.

Below are from others in quotes to know they are from them not me.

It looks like when I was still playing PS1, I'm not that much playing a game that played by many people for example like JRPG(but I like to watch my big brother playing JRPG like Final Fantasy, Tales of Destiny etc.), I was playing a lot of action game top down shooter like Armymen, Apocalypse, and other that kind of game that have a bunch of weapons to shoot, lol. But beside that kind of games, I had played another kind of games too, here's some of games that I remember which I think are a nice games.

Medievil Series (PS1)
One of my favourite game, played the first and the second but I prefer the first one. I think the first one have a better level design and athmosphere than the second one. Oh and I like how our hero, Sir Daniel Fortesque, who can't speak fluently since he lost his lower jaw makes his voice sounds funny.

Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1)
I like this game ost. Cute 3D graphic and nice gameplay and story.

Poy Poy 2 (PS1)
I don't know about the first series since I only played the second one. It's a nice game to play with friends, up to 4 players. I think this game similar with Crash Bash.

Ape Escape (PS1)
This is game about catching monkeys, really fun. You need a controller with an analog to play this game. Never play the sequel on PS2, only play the spin off, Ape Escape Pumped & Primed.

Bishi Bashi Special (PS1)
Silly game but funny game, this game contain mix of games. Laugh really hard when playing the afro dance game with my friends.

Originally Posted by Rhaemondzzzkie View Post
Azure Dreams. YES. Best game of my childhood. <3
Really like it. Also played the other games you listed; have a looot of games here. But the ones that stand out are:

ALL the Harvest Moon Series (PS1-PS2) (Save The Homeland, A Futuristic Harvest Moon, Back to Nature, etc. etc.) [Farming, marketing, and semi-casual gaming FTW!]

ALL the Dynasty Warriors Series (PS2) especially Empires, I love it's tactics-based open world style strategic gameplay :3

ALL the Monster Rancher Series (PS1-PS2) cuz why fucking not?! Really liked it for it's "scan the CD to reveal a monster in it" feature. Also raising them and pitting them against other monsters is also fun, especially when it's against your brother or sibling (Try to beat my Ripper, Beaclon, Henger, and Golem btchez) :3

Playboy the Mansion (PS2) ;)

ALL of the Guitar Hero Series (PS2) Rock on bros!

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) cuz why fucking not bro? Frekin'. Final. Fantasy.

ALL of the Twisted Metal Series (PS1-PS2) fucked up animation and storyline; still have nightmares about it but the concept of shooting and killing others was fun though.

ALL of the Sims Series (PS1-PS2) Yeah. :3 the old days, where EA didn't suck and their games were actually fun.

ALL of the Medal of Honor Series (PS1-PS2) Bang bang! Kill and shit :3 love war games and shooting so why not?

If many like this thread I will consider making this a real deal thread
Last edited by alkard; May 20, 2015 at 10:33 PM.
Ah good times...
Persona for PS2 was still one of my favorites.
GTA San Andreas was great at that time. (PS2)
I also enjoyed Final Fantasy and other RPG games.
Master of the arcane arts
Can you give a explanation on why you like these games? If not good to know what you like. but without these I will not add to my list above for abit.
Originally Posted by alkard View Post
Azure Dreams (PS1)
Great game due to a dungeon that is not easy to complete that has 99 floors plus a bonus floor and a bunch of sidekicks that can be fused and mixed for different monsters to fight by your side.

Brigandine (PS1)
Good for those who like games where in order to win you have to be the last nation standing. it is a Tactical role-playing game. Quite fun in my opinion.

Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 (PS2)
I like this series due to the storyline mainly.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2)
Great game. Basicly dungeon based but has a good story and skills and unique equpiment depending on your difficulty. And if you do split screen you can bring in your characters from another save to help friends(or family) instead of restarting.

Azure Dreams. YES. Best game of my childhood. <3
Really like it. Also played the other games you listed; have a looot of games here. But the ones that stand out are:

ALL the Harvest Moon Series (PS1-PS2) (Save The Homeland, A Futuristic Harvest Moon, Back to Nature, etc. etc.) [Farming, marketing, and semi-casual gaming FTW!]

ALL the Dynasty Warriors Series (PS2) especially Empires, I love it's tactics-based open world style strategic gameplay :3

ALL the Monster Rancher Series (PS1-PS2) cuz why fucking not?! Really liked it for it's "scan the CD to reveal a monster in it" feature. Also raising them and pitting them against other monsters is also fun, especially when it's against your brother or sibling (Try to beat my Ripper, Beaclon, Henger, and Golem btchez) :3

Playboy the Mansion (PS2) ;)

ALL of the Guitar Hero Series (PS2) Rock on bros!

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) cuz why fucking not bro? Frekin'. Final. Fantasy.

ALL of the Twisted Metal Series (PS1-PS2) fucked up animation and storyline; still have nightmares about it but the concept of shooting and killing others was fun though.

ALL of the Sims Series (PS1-PS2) Yeah. :3 the old days, where EA didn't suck and their games were actually fun.

ALL of the Medal of Honor Series (PS1-PS2) Bang bang! Kill and shit :3 love war games and shooting so why not?
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Mostly playing PS1 since I wasn't really own a PS2, our PS2 something like monopolized by my little brother, lol.

It looks like when I was still playing PS1, I'm not that much playing a game that played by many people for example like JRPG(but I like to watch my big brother playing JRPG like Final Fantasy, Tales of Destiny etc.), I was playing a lot of action game top down shooter like Armymen, Apocalypse, and other that kind of game that have a bunch of weapons to shoot, lol. But beside that kind of games, I had played another kind of games too, here's some of games that I remember which I think are a nice games.

Medievil Series (PS1)
One of my favourite game, played the first and the second but I prefer the first one. I think the first one have a better level design and athmosphere than the second one. Oh and I like how our hero, Sir Daniel Fortesque, who can't speak fluently since he lost his lower jaw makes his voice sounds funny.

Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1)
I like this game ost. Cute 3D graphic and nice gameplay and story.

Poy Poy 2 (PS1)
I don't know about the first series since I only played the second one. It's a nice game to play with friends, up to 4 players. I think this game similar with Crash Bash.

Ape Escape (PS1)
This is game about catching monkeys, really fun. You need a controller with an analog to play this game. Never play the sequel on PS2, only play the spin off, Ape Escape Pumped & Primed.

Bishi Bashi Special (PS1)
Silly game but funny game, this game contain mix of games. Laugh really hard when playing the afro dance game with my friends.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
Added to the list. Adding a spoiler for each instead of a quote. and gonna make your names in the list to show people who has played what. Mind you that you can mention the same game but give a different reason behind why you personal like a game or series xD

Also, nice games. Personally I like ff7 aswell and dynasty warriors!
oh my god, i cannot say how much fun I had with
Spiderman 2 (PS2)
the mechanics of the game, the fighting, the graphics, the WEBSLINGING WAS THE BEST THING EVER. I could not tell you how much time I spent just trying to gain as much momentum, fling myself into space and watch spidey plummet into the ground with as much air resistance as a piece of paper.
oh my god I need to play that again.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
As someone who grew up with Playstation 1 and 2, especially the first one, I find the lack of a few games rather sad.

Spyro the dragon series
Crash Bandicoot Series(Including Crash team racing which was the best racing game for a VERY long time)
Metal Gear Solid(One of my favourite games of all time until this day)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX(Hello, anybody? This is one of the best game of all time.)
Oddworld
Silent Hill
Alone in the dark
Resident Evil

All of these games are considered to be legends of their time and genre(listed only the PS1 games)
If you have free time on your hands, you should definitely play them without hesitation, some might look too childish for you if you're a grown up, but believe me, they're all worth to spend time on.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

You don't have to list this because I'm not going to go all formal with it. But I remember back when I was a kid, I used to always go over my friends house, and he had a PS2. We used to play all of the ratchet and clank games together, I specifically remember RaC Deadlocked being my favorite. I also recall playing Naruto ultimate ninja 2 with him. That was literally my favorite game of all time, damn I wish I could play it again. Oh, and those JamPack demo disc things were the shit. We only played one game off of that and it was star wars battlefront 2. It only had one map, Endor, and basically the rebels won everytime. Good times... Goooood times. (cries)

edit: Anyone remember that Dogs life game lol. That used to be the shit too, where you can see the scents of shit and jump fences and be a dog
Last edited by WTFlow; May 20, 2015 at 11:11 PM.
WTFlow, little hint. get a good enough computer and even a wireless ps3 controller can be set to play ps2 games on your computer.

Emulators are a real thing man. and they work with the actual discs.