Toribash
No, I mean say someone beat War_Hero's fastest speed record by moving a few joints, and no one could get it faster, would that count as a new record? According to War_Hero it wouldn't because it would be an edit, but technically it should because it would beat the previous record even if it was an edit on the original replay.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
I guess that's the flaw of ego: We don't want people stealing your replays, or ideas, but somehow, purely rational it would be logical to allow edits. If it's better and it's on your name it should be your record. But I don't know. I think we shouldn't allow edits, the record book is for honour, and some noob getting away with your great setup after changing one joint is harsh.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
Originally Posted by Meamme0 View Post
I guess that's the flaw of ego: We don't want people stealing your replays, or ideas, but somehow, purely rational it would be logical to allow edits. If it's better and it's on your name it should be your record. But I don't know. I think we shouldn't allow edits, the record book is for honour, and some noob getting away with your great setup after changing one joint is harsh.

Yea this is pretty much the reason. If someone made a small edit to my hard work, and got the record instead of me, I'd be pissed.

Also, Tamer0 is winning at backflips with 5.
Last edited by War_Hero; Nov 11, 2009 at 05:37 AM.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
um... wait....what would you rule if; tamer0 had his replay edited, than he made a replay based on the edit of his replay? because even if he is taking the other guys edit, it was originally his replay...or would it be void all together?
Technical Old School. - It exists.
I doubt it, I think the main reason people are against editing replays is because they dont want someone maybe accidently chaning their brilliant setup for a record, with one joint difference, when perhaps they wouldnt know how to do the setup otherwise. So chaning your own replay would be fine, no?
Founder of raku

Originally Posted by caff View Post
I doubt it, I think the main reason people are against editing replays is because they dont want someone maybe accidently chaning their brilliant setup for a record, with one joint difference, when perhaps they wouldnt know how to do the setup otherwise. So chaning your own replay would be fine, no?

Changing your own replay is perfectly fine.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Just to let people know, I edited my own replay to get my new one. No edits on bmanfoley's replay.
Isn't tamers one the same as nuthug?
Here I almost got 5.
Attached Files
So close to 5..rpl (21.9 KB, 50 views)
Fizik
Originally Posted by xxxjhjxxx View Post
Isn't tamers one the same as nuthug?

No.
Originally Posted by xxxjhjxxx View Post
Here I almost got 5.

Frontflip isn't the same thing as backflip.