Toribash
Original Post
Revive Toribash
Toribash needs a revive, all it will take is a superficial update with flashy marketing/advertising, some swagged out videos. and then active moderating on beginner servers to keep out smurfs. with decent marketing and decent moderating 100% this game can get a revive, there is no other game competing against it.

Plz don't let it die slowly as its player base gets older and fades away.
Need send PM's to youtubers
Youtubers with high subscribe and get hipe

Maybe rather than an event for replays (honestly how would this make new players want to stick around??), we could have an event that rewards new players for reaching certain belts within a time period. It would encourage them to play the game a lot, and it's not exactly exploitable. What person would want to grind all day to get stuff that likely wouldn't be very spectacular if they're a person who's been playing for a long while?

Originally Posted by Goesfard View Post
Need send PM's to youtubers
Youtubers with high subscribe and get hipe

This doesn't really work. Lots of youtubers in the past have played this game, and it brought in a bit of traffic, but almost no one stuck around. Toribash is not a 'hit-it-and-quit-it' kinda game. You have to dedicate yourself to it. If we're going to advertise it at all, we should at least do it right.
Last edited by Grohenbird; Nov 17, 2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
Maybe rather than an event for replays (honestly how would this make new players want to stick around??), we could have an event that rewards new players for reaching certain belts within a time period. It would encourage them to play the game a lot, and it's not exactly exploitable. What person would want to grind all day to get stuff that likely wouldn't be very spectacular if they're a person who's been playing for a long while?

This doesn't really work. Lots of youtubers in the past have played this game, and it brought in a bit of traffic, but almost no one stuck around. Toribash is not a 'hit-it-and-quit-it' kinda game. You have to dedicate yourself to it. If we're going to advertise it at all, we should at least do it right.

The game is really hard...Need endurance to learn the moves but you have better idea?

Well, Toribash is considered an Indie game which means it's not supposed to be as popular as games like minecraft or gta 5. So I don't really know what you mean by reviving? Because it looks like you're trying to get this game to be super popular and well organized with staff online every hour. Yeah the game did lose a couple of players and was more populated in game back then. The only thing toribash could use would be a little advertising around and it should get some more players.
I think we should bring back the old rank system, I felt like the game was more competitive and a lot more fun to play, however yes there were people who farmed, but just like in every other game people cheat. We could still do the whoever gets rank 1 gets tc blah blah, but the old rank system was a way for people to be more competitive. The rank system now is just pointless but the old rank system had a point, tho yes it did have a few flaws. but the old rank system is still in my opinion better then what we have now.
This game is Dead
I agree with you. Also, the matchmaking optio that was added in 5.0 or something seems to used rarely, as well as the actually ranked tagged rooms (I might be wrong on the mm thing, so please correct me if I am). I think it would be cool to see using those ranked rooms pushed a little more, letting people know that you don't need to play the tourneys to get a good rank.

(im)

Absolutely, also i think that people are discouraged because you need to be a super high rank to get anything, and without that no one wants to tty.
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
The ranks are too spaced out in my opinion. I mean I'm almost Master Belt and I started in 2014... its been almost 3 years and there are still things that are locked for me in the Torishop... Then there are the fact that there are ranks above Custom belt that have NO rewards and unlockables. That is just plain ridiculous. Why should I waste my time trying to get 50k games if I get nothing out of it than a belt title that is most likely going to be worse than the one I came up with in Custom Belt rank. Custom Belt is where the game ends in my honest opinion.

Originally Posted by mackeria View Post
Well, Toribash is considered an Indie game which means it's not supposed to be as popular as games like minecraft or gta 5.

Minecraft is also an indie game... so I don't see your point there.

So I don't really know what you mean by reviving? Because it looks like you're trying to get this game to be super popular and well organized with staff online every hour. Yeah the game did lose a couple of players and was more populated in game back then. The only thing toribash could use would be a little advertising around and it should get some more players.

YES that is exactly what people are trying to do with this thread! Maybe not the part about the staff unless they were paid; Which is another topic entirely. Also this game didn't just lose a few players, It lost ALOT, we are talking about thousands here, in huge droves.

Originally Posted by demo View Post
I think we should bring back the old rank system, I felt like the game was more competitive and a lot more fun to play, however yes there were people who farmed, but just like in every other game people cheat. We could still do the whoever gets rank 1 gets tc blah blah, but the old rank system was a way for people to be more competitive. The rank system now is just pointless but the old rank system had a point, tho yes it did have a few flaws. but the old rank system is still in my opinion better then what we have now.

Yes matchmaking and the new ranking system are trash. I don't even bother with the ranking system because you need to practically have no life and max out your games-per-day everyday all month long. Only about 100 people or so are even that dedicated to try to do that. I personally loved the old system and how I could see how high I could get in each category.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I prefer the old system too, imo, i would like to get it again :/
I've been playing with white-belt players (not alt, new players), and they were under 300, i mean, why someone who wins just by luck, can get those high ranks ? (i remember that 300 wasn't a bad rank, not a good one, but well... on the old ranking system...)
Anyway, i don't really care about ranks (just clan ranking), because it can be grinded, i love Toribash, and that can't be changed just because the new system is worse.
Have a nice night :3
Here is what the ranking rooms look like right now:

Image thingy

See where everyone is at... see where NO ONE is at...

Anyway enough about the ranking system, I think Toribash needs to have an ad of some sort. It doesn't even need to be a television ad, it can be a YouTube ad for fucks sake!!! Something that gets its awareness out should be the first step into making the game better as a whole. Seriously this should have been done the moment they moved a version to steam. Getting new people hype for a new game arriving on steam. The game has stupidly high levels of potential its not even utilizing. The best part is that TB sits all by it self when it comes to this type of game. Games like Call of Duty are competing with 6-7 other games that are similar. I don't see ANY games that are similar to TB. The Playing-Field is open make a move Toribash or die out!
Last edited by Fates; Dec 13, 2016 at 02:47 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...