Toribash
Original Post
Marketplace
Hi, web version of the new market system is now public!
Community voting on 5.53 update focus


Marketplace


New features and changes compared to legacy auto market:


  • Ability to submit purchase requests
    Looking to buy an item but there's nobody selling it right now? Prices too high and you want to save 100 more TC?
    Now you can place a request to buy an item and once someone puts it on sale for your desired price you'll instantly get it!

  • User shops
    They show overall market stats, they have all sale offers and purchase requests neatly displayed - and they can be customized!

  • Market tax
    As we expect new market to take a hit on shop sales once it's made available in game client, there's a 10% tax on all regular sales.
    While this would mean buyers need to pay a higher price / sellers get slightly less TC than they would in current system, we believe that the overall better market experience and its wider availability outweigh the disadvantages of taxing. And what's more important, market tax will allow us to battle TC inflation by creating a reliable TC sink.

  • Market premium
    This is a paid subscription that allows you to sell items without market fee, sell no-qi items (buyers pay extra ST based on insufficient Qi) and customize your shop with a promo image and a description. Premium shops also get randomly featured on market home above sale offers / purchase requests.


Old automated market and "market" section of inventory would be still available until 5.53 is released and new system is bug free. After that, new system would completely take over its place. Market section on forums is going to remain unaffected by this change.

There are some more UX changes planned to the new system which will be done over the next week or two. If you've got suggestions on any improvements / changes, please let us know in this thread.
If you encounter any bugs, also make sure to post here so I can fix them.

Market subscription's price will be adjusted after 5.53 release as we measure market activity to determine a fair price. For now, it will be available at a $5/3mo price on PayPal (non-recurring): https://forum.toribash.com/payments.php
Some things that crossed my mind after trying this for a few minutes:

a way to sort the sale requests by most recent;being able to specify if you want glow or not when requesting to buy an item;
some sorting options in one's own shop page would be useful as well, or a search form similar to the old one (keyword & seller & max qi & max price);
show all listings of an item in its page.

The third and fourth in particular are related to this - I accidentally typed a really long number in a sale request price for some marine item, and it won't show up in the item page - it ends with "No more offers" with no option to look at the rest of the listings. I'm assuming I can click the listing in my shop page to change it, but since the items are sorted by price, it's at the bottom of my 1000+ listings, which would force me to scroll and click "Load more" dozens of times.


There's also this strange bug when I try to type certain values

gif

Last edited by pusga; 3 Days Ago at 11:34 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah
Some minor improvements I thought of after using it a little (Usability / Quality of life)
1. At https://forum.toribash.com/marketplace.php (main page) in sections "My Sale Offers" and "My Purchase Requests" add link to each item's market page on names of items like they have elsewhere.
2. At https://forum.toribash.com/marketpla...hp?itemid=1337 (any item page) add button/link to view item in torishop.
3, At https://forum.toribash.com/marketpla...hp?itemid=1337 (any item page) In section "Sale Offers" bringing back that green and red color coding on the percentage would be nice, so you can already see which it is with a quick glance
4. I guess the current search position is fine, but took me a while to notice it even is there. So I suppose it would be easier to notice for new users if it was actually on the main content area of the page.
Last edited by joope1; 3 Days Ago at 10:27 PM.
Pill encourages people to sniff mayo.
Here I talk to myself
Stuff that got added today:

  • Advanced search options (WIP)

    "Load more" buttons do not yet work reliably with search, this will be fixed tomorrow or later this week.

  • "My offer" listings displayed on home have clickable item names that bring up their pages on market
  • More item information on item pages
  • "View in shop" button on item pages
  • Red/green color coding on discount text for sale offers



Originally Posted by pusga View Post
being able to specify if you want glow or not when requesting to buy an item

Very unlikely to get added, for any items with upgrades/effects/textures you'll need to surf through sale offers if you want to buy a specific version. There are 3 effect types with different upgrades and colors available now and those will keep getting added in future, so this will only lead to purchase requests that are impossible to fulfill.

Originally Posted by pusga
some sorting options in one's own shop page would be useful as well, or a search form similar to the old one (keyword & seller & max qi & max price)

Sorting options on shop page will be added this week, yes.

Originally Posted by pusga
show all listings of an item in its page.

Will add a limit option there tomorrow - it's already available if you specify limit in address bar manually but didn't have a proper gui switch.
Also fixed the "no more offers" bug when there actually was more offers.

Originally Posted by pusga
The third and fourth in particular are related to this - I accidentally typed a really long number in a sale request price for some marine item, and it won't show up in the item page

Have you resolved this? Checked your offers earlier today and there were no marine items with abnormally high prices.

Originally Posted by pusga
There's also this strange bug when I try to type certain values

Not a bug, sale tax is calculated as seller price + 10% which is then rounded - this leads to some prices not being an option for buyers (e.g. 14 TC + 10% would be 15.4 which is rounded to 15, but 15 TC + 10% is 16.5 which gets rounded to 17, skipping 16 TC end price).

Originally Posted by joope1
I guess the current search position is fine, but took me a while to notice it even is there. So I suppose it would be easier to notice for new users if it was actually on the main content area of the page.

The idea is to keep search bar uniform for all new style pages. It's extended by default compared to regular search on forums, so I hope it should be relatively hard to miss for most users.
Last edited by sir; 3 Days Ago at 04:54 PM.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Have you resolved this? Checked your offers earlier today and there were no marine items with abnormally high prices.

Yes I went to the bottom and removed it, thank you for checking

Originally Posted by sir View Post
Not a bug, sale tax is calculated as seller price + 10% which is then rounded - this leads to some prices not being an option for buyers (e.g. 14 TC + 10% would be 15.4 which is rounded to 15, but 15 TC + 10% is 16.5 which gets rounded to 17, skipping 16 TC end price).


This prevents the user from typing any number that starts with the digits 16 even if the intended value is valid though (in my gif I was trying to type 16x, not 16). Maybe doing the rounding after the number box is "unfocused" could work.

I like the new marketplace
Last edited by pusga; 3 Days Ago at 05:24 PM.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
This prevents the user from typing any number that starts with the digits 16 even if the intended value is valid though (in my gif I was trying to type 16x, not 16). Maybe doing the rounding after the number box is "unfocused" could work.

Oh, that's a good catch. Will fix tomorrow, thanks
I love the perspective of it, great job! One question, though. Will there be a button on index page for quick access to the marketplace? I didn't check if the new forum theme has a quick link but I prefer the old legacy theme and I don't appear to see one.
Hello. I have an issue. I see a list of items I do not have in the active inventory. If I attempt to sell them I get an error message.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LZf...ew?usp=sharing

I attached a video