Toribash
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
looks great, I guess its this one. https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1619191563

Looks really good pretty close resemblance to the original.
I think what you could focus on are those really sharp highlights, you can't really go too crazy when it comes to highlights on a piece like this, sharp highlights add the illusion that there are more details in the drawing than what it actually is, like what you have on the bottom of the character, so just go nuts with it.

And you could make the darks even darker, and more defined, would really make the character pop, and make the wings look like they are ripped apart from each-other, right now it looks like they are wrapped together with some rubber bands, I do the same thing myself, get to attached to a certain brush size.

I think Sam Lamont has a lot of magenta tones in there as well.

did a quick paintover to show what I mean

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread :P
It would probably look good to add some magenta to it with either overlay or multiply mode.

Yea that's the one. I think the problem is knowing when to stop with those highlights, it can really be addicting. I somehow totally missed the magenta hue though, now I see it. I'll work on a piece of my own trying to implement some of the techniques I applied in that one, we'll see how it goes.

Don't worry about posting stuff here, you are welcome to do so. What I care about is more the discussion rather than just showing my art.
Gurgler

Last edited by WeppetKo; May 28, 2022 at 08:43 PM.
weppetko be grindin

good to see you back, these are fuckin awesome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bintangfal#9846

Sunflower

Originally Posted by Saiko View Post
weppetko be grindin

good to see you back, these are fuckin awesome

I do have some ideas that I had to try out, it's been a while after all. Thanks!
i dont know how you can be photorealistic with this stuff it is actually insanity
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
A study I made of a Sam Lamont's drawing.

god damn the way you use colors is insane
A random concept I thought about. Originally I wanted to color it but I have to find the courage for that, I'm not even sure on how to approach it.

Thanks for the comments!